This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
    Have you ever considered you might get a better response from people, and people might not misconstrue or misinterpret what you say if you were actually polite to people.
    Why? My posts aren't less clear if I'm rude.

Also, I was polite to you. And you repaid me by grossly misinterpreting my every post, sometimes misinterpreting the same post in random new ways for each new reply.

It helps debates, but if you really want 10 action drama shows that have had eps like Human focusing on drama, acting and character interaction then fine, The Unit, Sons Of Anarchy, The Shield, Justified, Miami Vice, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes, The Kill Point, Spooks, Burn Notice, BSG, Generation Kill and hell it's got enough action in it to qualify, the Wire.
    Name those episodes. Also, we've already established that "The Wire" is not an action show.

Threw in a couple of British shows for the hell of it, but you get yourself 10 American shows that could do eps like Human happily.
    You said American action shows are very plot-driven nowadays. I asked you to name 10 since they should be quite numerous if your claim is correct. You clearly failed to do this since you had to resort to naming British ones.

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
    FAII and M6, can I ask if you liked Human? I got the impression that both of you did.
    Yes, immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
      Yes, immensely.
      Will wait on M6's reply.

Comment

Will wait on M6's reply.
        Ellie! Psst - get out of the crossfire while you still can. Your fanfic is actually kinda good, so you dying in the middle of this war might bum me out for a few minutes or so.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          Ellie! Psst - get out of the crossfire while you still can. Your fanfic is actually kinda good, so you dying in the middle of this war might bum me out for a few minutes or so.
          Wow, a few minutes! *flattered*

Still curious, cos I'm not sure what they're actually arguing about other than that they can, you know?

Comment

I've been reading quite a few reviews of Human since it aired and I find it amusing that the main complaints about the episode are about the team down on the planet, the apparent 'action' story. Most of the reviewers preferred the Rush story.
            Who wouldn't? Rush and Robert Carlyle are fantastic! Plus Daniel Jackson is always epic. Although I actually liked the planet story more than Rush's story. Chloe on the planet FTW!

Comment

Wow, a few minutes! *flattered*

Still curious, cos I'm not sure what they're actually arguing about other than that they can, you know?
              Oh fine, maybe a few hours of sad music and black clothes of mourning.

I think FAII and M6P both liked Human, but the argument started with the use of action in American TV, then with FAII being all generalising and M6P trying to defend his position and the two of them interpreting their posts apparently "wrong" and arguing for the hell of it. FAII uses bold letters, M6P cites other shows as evidence, and a vicious cycle starts. It's only going to end when some strapping young hero such as myself steps in and holds them off for the next few days until Lost starts and a new cycle can begin. But this hero feels lazy, and is content to watch them fight it out.

In the end, they should just shag and get over it.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Apparently I angered Ellie due to something I said so let me clarify. Just because Rush is heartless does not mean he is a bad man, he has had to endure the loss of the woman he loved and he had to detach himself to do his job. Heartless has become synonymous with "evil" and that is not what it means.

Now if you really are angry because I supposedly spoke for "fandom" then whatever. Because if being a huge fan of scifi for many years does not give me the right to speak my opinion about scifi then I guess what is the point of being apart of a site devoted to discussing scifi.

Comment

I think FAII and M6P both liked Human, but the argument started with the use of action in American TV, then with FAII being all generalising and M6P trying to defend his position and the two of them interpreting their posts apparently "wrong" and arguing for the hell of it. FAII uses bold letters, M6P cites other shows as evidence, and a vicious cycle starts. It's only going to end when some strapping young hero such as myself steps in and holds them off for the next few days until Lost starts and a new cycle can begin. But this hero feels lazy, and is content to watch them fight it out.

Fine but only if FAII is receving.

Comment

And weeping from the assembled multitudes hired for this purpose.

Perhaps for the sake of the thread they could agree to say they both liked Human.

Comment

Perhaps for the sake of the thread they could agree to say they both liked Human.
                      This was never in contention.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                        This was never in contention.
                        Well I could I could say I hated Human if you wanted another argument, however it would just be difficult for me to manufacture complaints about it since I loved the episode. All I've got is "there was no action in it" which don't really hold up when I've stated that I like my tv and movies, even in the action genre, to be able to have quiet drama episodes. Dash it all, we are foiled from having another 10 page, every single point pulled apart, slowly descending into personnel insults, argument. It's a sad day for the forum, nay the internet.

Comment

Hi people. So it came to 15 pages before I got the chance to write here,but better late than never. Soon its a new episode also.. nice.

"Human" was a good dramatic episode. This time I felt the drama was totally OK. When I complained about the drama things before it was mostly connected to the use of the stones and then of course the earth things. Now it was about Rush and it surprised me when I realized he was using the chair and that it was not only a dream or a "thinking about the past thing". The earth story this time had its purpose,and that was nice.

Oh,and the situation on that planet was something I did not see coming. Maybe I am stupid,but I got very surprised then. It lifted the episode to higher rating from me. Even though I don`t understand how in God`s name Eli,Chloe,Scott and Greer is gonna get back to Destiny,I only hope it will be a very good written story around that. I also hope we don`t have to wait many episodes before it happens or even if it happens. Maybe I go look at some spoilers later. Its not like I avoid them.

When Rush came back from the planet he was left only óne episode earlier I thought it was a bit early,but it was written quite well actually. It could have been made much worse just to get it over with.

The best thing about this episode is that the Stargate was used again. It has been some episodes were no planets have been visited through the gate,and its always good to see Stargate as "Stargate" ...if that made sense to people here.
                          I love the Destiny by all means,but seeing new planets makes this franchise what it is.
                          The walking towards an old destroyed city/world gives me the good Stargate feeling.

Ah.. Almost forgot the spider... It was a big eh.. "bug" !
                          However, I thought the kinos recorded its path? A mistake from the writers?

"Human" get 8/10 from me. So far its not many episodes that have got much under 8 from me. But "Earth" and "Life" was low if I remember correct.

Comment

Fine but only if FAII is receving.
                            you two are shameless...wonderfully, wonderfully shameless
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                              We aim to please

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                                I'm not shameless... I just have no shame.

And awesome sig, E.G.

Comment

Working...
                                X