This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
    And the relevant quote that says, 'Colonel, you're in charge of Dr Rush and always have been' is from which episode? Cos I'm blanking on that one.
    He says Young is in charge of Destiny in Earth. And we don't need it spelled it out. Young is in charge of Rush for the same reason Shep ordered McKay around or why Jack could do the same to Daniel. When you join a military project as a civilian you agree to follow the military leader's rules
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Except, as I've said previously, Young was simply in charge of Icarus. He wasn't in charge of the expedition. Can O'Neill, legally, put a military person in charge of something that the US military wasn't in charge of in the first place? Did the $4 billion go to the military or the research? I think it was the research so I think O'Neill's on shaky ground legally.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
        A civilian doctor does not have to follow military orders unless in a military emergency. Also, when you have two huge personalities, who will obvuiously clash, one of them being on a nicotine low, surely instead of Young being a bloody idiot and shouting the odds at Rush, he could try asking, or at least wrapping the order in an illusin of politeness. Like whe Rush asks him to run any exploration orders by him first, Young does completely what a good officer shouldn't, and tries to impose authority and respect instead of earn it. Don't forget, one of them is an expert in Ancient technology, the other is an officer who should barely be allowed the rank of 1st lieutenant, never mind lieutenant-colonel.
        Actually, how Young approached that never made sense to me. All Rush asked was that if Young was going to issue an order, he check with Rush that it wasn't going to, for example, drain all their power (which, of course, we discovered, happened). It seems quite a sensible request and Young took no notice and continued to disregard warnings. While it all turned out for the best, at the time they couldn't have known that and as Telford said, 'You're telling me Rush didn't see this coming?' The exchange of looks on Johansen and Scott's faces clearly told him that Rush had seen it coming and had said so. Young is simply incompetent. No one with an ounce of commonsense would put him in charge of a wet firecracker let alone a group of people.

Comment

I agree that Young is currently in charge, but he is a terrible leader and doesn't have the moral character or self accountability needed to run an operation such as this.

The main problem is that nobody else with enough experience really is better suited to fill the role.
          sigpic

Comment

Actually, how Young approached that never made sense to me. All Rush asked was that if Young was going to issue an order, he check with Rush that it wasn't going to, for example, drain all their power (which, of course, we discovered, happened). It seems quite a sensible request and Young took no notice and continued to disregard warnings. While it all turned out for the best, at the time they couldn't have known that and as Telford said, 'You're telling me Rush didn't see this coming?' The exchange of looks on Johansen and Scott's faces clearly told him that Rush had seen it coming and had said so. Young is simply incompetent. No one with an ounce of commonsense would put him in charge of a wet firecracker let alone a group of people.
            Well said, Ellie.
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by jper View Post
              rush defies orders? Since when can rush be ordered to do anything? I mean, all the man does, is defying orders then. Well, i hope you know what i mean. Seems like a weird way to paraphrase things. :s
              amen!
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe they meant to say "Rush defies orders some more".
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                  Maybe they meant to say "Rush defies orders some more".
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                    SGU - TV Guide Online: 'Human' Episode Synopsis:

At TV Guide Online:

4/23/2010: Human Season 1, Episode 14
                    Spoiler:

Dr. Rush defies orders to interface with the Destiny's computer in a bid to control the ship's flight path, which puts Col. Young in a difficult position. Meanwhile, Lt. Scott, Eli, Chloe and Greer explore a planet's underground ruins.

[NOTE: Michael Shanks guest stars]
                    Spoiler:

I wonder what they will find in those underground ruins.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                      Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                      From my extensive (TV-based) experience with underground ruins - nothing good. Bad things. Yucky things. And then, some more bad things. But I'm just guessing.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        Indiana Jones' skeleton, left there by the Crystal Skull aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          See? Bad things.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Yeah and maybe they'll
                            Spoiler:
                            meet Nick Ballard while they are there.
                            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I'm betting on
                              Spoiler:
                              useless alien tech that will trap them, crisis, Rush being unable to help due to being attached to the chair, loads of yelling from Young at Eli, and an escape at the last minute before jumping back into FTL.
                              The End.

Comment

I'm betting on
                                Spoiler:
                                useless alien tech that will trap them, crisis, Rush being unable to help due to being attached to the chair, loads of yelling from Young at Eli, and an escape at the last minute before jumping back into FTL.
                                The End.
                                I was more afraid...
                                Spoiler:
                                They would touch something while underground which would make all the ruins crumble on them. At a certain moment, Scott would get caught under some rocks and would yell. "Leave me, Leave me!! Its too late for me." "Chloe, tell Scott jr that I love him." Chloe cries.

Spoiler:
                                Didn't Eli said they were 0 for 3 for the close encounters of the third kind on the MGM trailer? There must be somebody down there.
                                Last edited by Commander Zelix; 08 April 2010, 05:33 PM.
                                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                                X