• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The planet. It seems like a utopia and returning to Earth seems slim
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid1 View Post
      This isn't Battlestar, I wouldn't really be all that concerned about whether or not there was a sustainable genetic pool. Staying behind is a choice for you and yourself alone. I rather doubt that having children would be the highest concern of the 11 people who wanted to stay behind.

I think in starting this thread, Alan's hit the nail on the head so far as the point of this episode. That is to say--do you have it in you, the faith to stay behind and believe that everything will be okay?
      Wouldn't part of staying behind be to build a future through your progeny not just to have nice place to stay while you wait to die? It seems to me that TJ was thinking along these lines.

regards,
      G.
      Go for Marty...

Comment

I would've gone back to Destiny. There are far too many unknowns on the planet. Does anyone on the planet even know how to fly the ship?

I would like to think that the aliens are peaceful but at the same time I can't be sure if they are. If they have an interest in sending the people back home, there is no reason they wouldn't just be able to find the destiny and return them home right? I mean, they seemingly built an entire solar system. If they could send them back that means they can travel very far, very fast. There is no reason why the destiny couldn't be found by them if one of the people asked them to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
          Wouldn't part of staying behind be to build a future through your progeny not just to have nice place to stay while you wait to die? It seems to me that TJ was thinking along these lines.

regards,
          G.
          Well, I agree with this... there's not enough people. If you stayed behind, likely you'd be on your own. or very small groups. and there's only 3 women that were shown?

Comment

I'm sorry, no freaking way would you get me to stay there. I've seen way to many horror films, to know that the aliens that would come back would eat us, or start hunting us like the Predator movies haha. I think the best best is with Destiny and thats how I'd probably view it even if I hated being on the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post

regards,
              G.
              Valid, except I think TJ was the only one there with that concern.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                I'm curious what everyone would have done if given this situation... and assuming you have a choice to stay.

I would probably have stayed. Although life might get tough on the planet... it's better then being stuck on a ship.

The question of the aliens coming back or not? I'd take my chances.
                I'd have stayed on Destiny. I love the idea of living on such an incredible piece of technology, and I'd trust that there would be an adequate number of planets with food and water along the way while we tried to find a way home.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

maybe if i knew i could survive the winter and could live my entire life on the food on the planet.
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I found it funny that TJ was like "Will build better shelters," after the line about winters, apparently she's never been in the upper north of this country when it's been below zero....wait a tec..isn't the actress from Canada...then she should know j/k Without the proper winter gear, no way. That would be another reason I wouldn't stay.

Comment

and if i had a cabin with a easterly view
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Like I said, you could just move to another area of the planet not affected by the winter, via shuttle.

That's assuming though the planet has somewhat same seasonal patterns.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          and if i had a cabin with a easterly view
                          lol...with little bunnies and deer. oh wait there were no animals on this planet, how dull.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                            Like I said, you could just move to another area of the planet not affected by the winter, via shuttle.

That's assuming though the planet has somewhat same seasonal patterns.
                            Assuming someone knew how to fly the shuttle. Young and Scott are the only two we've ever seen flying right?

Comment

I'd stay on the Destiny.....it was a little to me how many wanted to stay. Sure they haven't been on the ship that long?!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                                I'd stay on the Destiny.....it was a little to me how many wanted to stay. Sure they haven't been on the ship that long?!
                                At least... 3-4 months?

One month they spent on the planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X