This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    Hey what did they do with Senator Armstrong's Body?
    The vacuum of space persevered it... and they needed food. Soo....

They ate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Seldini View Post
      Does anyone else really wish they hadn't showed the alien obelisk in the previews? That would have been a much bigger shock if we hadn't already seen the damn thing.
      I'd never seen it in the previews. So it was a good shock for me. I leaned all the way in for that. Makes me think of the Preserver Obelisk that Captain Kirk found on that planet with the Native American Indians in Star Trek TOS.

How come that food hasn't spoiled yet?
      One question that pops into EVERYONE'S mind, but of course it should NEVER be asked!

Originally posted by prion View Post
      I suppose I read too much news, but when I saw Chloe swimming all I could think of 'do you really know what's in the water with you' like leeches with teeth?? http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...eech-orifices/
      I was thinking along the same line. I was worried more about unknown bacteria that could swim into... openings and cause infections. Space herpes anyone? I don't think Scott would like that much!
      "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
      - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

How can space preserve a body.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
          I was hoping the stone-guy who was arguing about faith and staying, would stay... and we'd see a clip of him at the end. Aliens coming down... and then we never know what happens.

I think that would have been a much better ending.
          That would've defeated the purpose of the episode. Either you have faith or you don't. Having one side or the other proven right moves it from faith to fact. I, personally, was with the guy who said there is no god/fate/master plan--but we and they will never know.

As for whether anyone stayed, I wasn't clear on that.

Comment

Not a bad episode. It had some exploration and it peeked some interest in these possible aliens. Not the best ep of the series, but it had it's moments. Would give it a B or 8/10 for keeping interest and making it feel like old school SG with forested planets and exploration.

Characters

T.J. was very real in this episode, excellent peformance. Chloe was Chloe sadly, lol. Eli was pushed to the background but had a nice scene with Wray. Young is really trying to make things work, and he even is starting to reach out a hand to Rush, and Rush smirks after Young leaves the room. So it is good they are working things out.

Greer was good how he handled the civillian vs military thing about digging trenches.

Scott just annoyed me in this episode, but won't get into that now, lol.

Plot

Always love exploration and finding out new planets and aliens and old civilliazations of aliens. It is what made Stargate, Stargate pretty much. I am sure this episode plot will be revisited later in the show, if not then this episode was pretty much a waste except for letting us know about TJ and the other characters.

Anyway to sum it all, I sorta had a feeling this ep would not be as exciting as the last two, so when you shoot low and the show ends up low it is not a dissapointing. I was intrigued by the story and some of the character moments, so that is a win in my book. Still not a very strong ep, but I don't expect them all to be.

Final Score: B

Peace!
            sigpic

Comment

This episode was major snoresville, I really expected something to happen, but nothing actually did. Guess it was interesting, but I just came out of it going "WTF?"

So who exactly stayed behind, did I miss where they explained that?

Comment

Good episode. I didnt liked that they didnt explained absolutely NOTHING about the planet/star & the light coming out from the obelysk... and what they did with the senator body
                Greer was awesome in this ep XD!! my fav character after Rush.

Goodbye STARGATE & Gateworld

Comment

If aliens did indeed make this solar system, they're probably the power-fullest we've come across on all of stargate.

I'd bet they're not hostile though.

That planet... just doesn't seem like it could be made by a violent race. It was just too beautiful.

Comment

i enjoyed the episode alot but i do wish they would have shown voldker at the obelisk or had scott and greer scout the area.

also a little more ship exploration would have been good. aweseome we have transformers on board

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Not a bad episode. It had some exploration and it peeked some interest in these possible aliens. Not the best ep of the series, but it had it's moments. Would give it a B or 8/10 for keeping interest and making it feel like old school SG with forested planets and exploration.

Characters

T.J. was very real in this episode, excellent peformance. Chloe was Chloe sadly, lol. Eli was pushed to the background but had a nice scene with Wray. Young is really trying to make things work, and he even is starting to reach out a hand to Rush, and Rush smirks after Young leaves the room. So it is good they are working things out.

Greer was good how he handled the civillian vs military thing about digging trenches.

Scott just annoyed me in this episode, but won't get into that now, lol.

Plot

Always love exploration and finding out new planets and aliens and old civilliazations of aliens. It is what made Stargate, Stargate pretty much. I am sure this episode plot will be revisited later in the show, if not then this episode was pretty much a waste except for letting us know about TJ and the other characters.

Anyway to sum it all, I sorta had a feeling this ep would not be as exciting as the last two, so when you shoot low and the show ends up low it is not a dissapointing. I was intrigued by the story and some of the character moments, so that is a win in my book. Still not a very strong ep, but I don't expect them all to be.

Final Score: B

Peace!
                      You should put that in the reviews, Brian. That's really interesting. Young seems to be realising that people don't think he's been doing a good job. You'd think last week would have clued him in, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FoX-1028 View Post
                        Good episode. I didnt liked that they didnt explained absolutely NOTHING about the planet/star & the light coming out from the obelysk... and what they did with the senator body
                        Greer was awesome in this ep XD!! my fav character after Rush.
                        I'm also curious about the senator's body. But as to the other, giving answers would again defeat the purpose of the episode like I said earlier regarding finding out if aliens actually show up.

Comment

I liked this episode. The more technologically advanced aliens out there the better in my opinion. In Stargate Atlantis it seemed like forever before we met any alien races more advanced then us. All were mostly on par with us or less so for the most part. I like the idea of more advanced aliens roaming around *crosses fingers for the furlings* Heh.

Only things that I had a problem with were these three things. 1) Suddenly everyone thinks god is involved... 2) Chloe wanted to stay, just because she's a main character she magically at the last moment came aboard anyway? Why did she go down in the first place, the shuttle can't hold that many people and she has no scientific skills... [Now I sound like i'm bashing chloe but I like her it's just she shouldn't have been down there in the first place and once she was and decided to stay she should have, her not staying just makes the entire idea stupid. Why was she staying then so she could be with tj?... That's not good.] 3) That guy who was in charge of the stones last episodes choosing to stay behind, he was a strong guest star now we'll never be able to see him again until he magically reappears on the alien ship with these aliens if that ever happens.

Regardless I can't wait to watch it again. A very solid 8/10 in my opinion.

Comment

I liked the episode but I thought it lacked some explanations. I think that there is an Ancient watching the crew. Prob watching Icarus cuz they were curious how the Destiny is fairing and went through the gate with them. But my theory still doesn't really explain what the obelisk was for. I am really hoping that this is revisited in the future.

Comment

what do u think do you think the planet was a lifeline?
                              Not sure about a lifeline … but was wondering if it was created by the aliens from Space and Divided ... I mean, they saw into Chloe and Rush's minds, so it stand to reason that they would know what Earth is like, they want Destiny ... maybe this was some type of plan to get everyone off Destiny and onto the planet.

They did say the planet was much more developed than it should have been with that type star so it stands to reason that it would have been created recently ... the only trouble with this theory is would they have had time to "read" Rush's mind and maybe Chloe's and then create the planet?

Anyway, that's just my theory …

Will definitely have to go back and watch this episode again – missed the glowing obelisk and didn't catch everything about the chess game, I'm sure I've missed more – kind of easy to do with a toddler running around

Comment

Where were the animals and bugs? That right there seems to me to be big red flag. Lot's of plants but what about animals?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X