This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demerzel View Post
    Now I'm wondering why the hell my post got deleted.
    My anti-chloe post also got deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
      sex without consent is a sex crime.
      Both Col Young and Emily are guilty of .
      But if Telford didn't report Young's violation to General.
      That imply Telford's silent consent ,maybe not this time ,but the next time if Young ever switch body with Telford and nobody(Jack or the air-force officer) said anything, then Young has Telford's consent.

If Telford pretend to be Young to have sex with Emily then,
      It is a classic case of abuse victim turn abuser .
      I agree that using someones body for sex without their consent = rape. I don't believe consent can be given after the fact whether or not one believes it's implied by Telford's action afterwards.

If the situation isn't addressed what happens if, over the course of time, Young swaps bodies with a number of different personnel in his communication attempts? Would it be okay for him to use any or all of those bodies for conjugal visits each time?

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel View Post
        Simply deleted. I'm guessing a moderator didn't like me calling Scott the "male version of Starbuck". Kinda sad, as I thought I had made a good point aside from that.
        Last year (or less than a year ago, I don't remember when), a new rule was instated on GW:
        You cannot call characters names or refer to them in a "derogatory way".

Comment

The revealling question is who were the people who were outraged previously. Also they were outraged about what they speculated would happen and how they feared it would be handled.
          Telford's actions at the end of the ep show that this situation is not being played as a joke but as a serious matter, I think.
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
            The revealling question is who were the people who were outraged previously. Also they were outraged about what they speculated would happen and how they feared it would be handled.
            Telford's actions at the end of the ep show that this situation is not being played as a joke but as a serious matter, I think.

Hopefully it will be treated seriously. That's what I'm hopeing for. We have no idea what Telford intends, there's a lot of speculation that he intends less than honorable actions, but who knows? Maybe he just fronted up to demand answers from her. Granted that may be unlikely but we'll see.

Comment

where is the outrage? well, here for one. i think it was horrible, disgusting and just plain wrong. and my young hetrosexual male bf didn't like it either.

having said that, i know this is a tv show, aka fictional. and it does open up more doors to the characters, is young upset, or was he turned on by it? what if he's gay? and like others have said, what if you swap into a body that has a disease like diabetes, and you eat the wrong thing? or get into a fight?

these stones open up so many interesting fictional possibilites that i'm looking forward to watching
              "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
              "what?"
              *throat punch*
              My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
              LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

I think you've got to accept that people that come back using the stones are gonna want to have some relations with their loved ones.

What about the chick Chloe was in, surely she jumped back and though, wholy crap, why do I feel this bad?!?!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by nlcol View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  When the news about camiles body being used for sex came out everyone shouted rape
                  No, that's just you lying.

But I am outraged that they dare call this soap opera science fiction, what few seconds of scifi there is are just excuse for more teenage angst.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Tomorian View Post
                    I think I am more pissed off now than before I started to watch the show. I find the continuous usage of sex distasteful. I had to shut several of the episodes off when family members walked by. If sex is used within anymore episodes, from this point on, I'm going to give up on everything Stargate.

Its bad enough Jack is a jerk in this series. I think there are now two strikes on the board. One more strike and I'm going to burn my Stargate SG-1 dvd sets.
                    don't do that, SG1 isn't at fault for the drastic change in SGU.

Heck the first 5 seasons, didn't even have the writers that are on SGU now.
                    General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                      In lastnights episode. It was not like they had a choice. Considering the the ship kept affecting the conection!!!
                      Just had a thought, ,what if those glitches with the stones were really caused by Rush?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDuh View Post
                        No, that's just you lying.

But I am outraged that they dare call this soap opera science fiction, what few seconds of scifi there is are just excuse for more teenage angst.
                        Yeah, this episode made me fed up with Chloe's character. What the hell was all that?!

Oh, I'll go out to a party at a club now. My ex-boyfriend is sleeping with my best friend! Angst! Drunk now! I wanna fight! Oh, I'm crying!

What the... what is this, the O.C.?!

Comment

Originally posted by gottaluvit View Post
                          Which makes me wonder just what sort of woman Young's wife is. She's starring straight into the face of another man as she has sex (so what if it was Young inside that body, still a different face)..and she doesn't seem to even blink. You'd think she'd be a bit hesitant to 'do' some strange guys body.
                          Maybe that's cause she's been having an affair with Telford all along?

Comment

For me, the biggest problem with this body-swapping isn't so much the morality of sex in another person's body, this has been debated time and time again for months and I am pretty much decided on which camp I sit in.

My issue is more about general lack of responsibility.

For all Young knew, Telford had an STD or HIV.
                            For all Eli knew, the guy whose body he was inhabiting was allergic to something in the cookies.

I just hope that in a future episode, they show some of these possible undesirable side effects of body-swapping.

Although, I would hope that the Air Force would ensure that no one with allergies or medical conditions is used as a vessel for the body-swapping and, if this can't be avoided, inform the individual who will be inhabiting that body so they can prevent it from being a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                              Yeah, this episode made me fed up with Chloe's character. What the hell was all that?!

Oh, I'll go out to a party at a club now. My ex-boyfriend is sleeping with my best friend! Angst! Drunk now! I wanna fight! Oh, I'm crying!

What the... what is this, the O.C.?!
                              I've never seen the OC, but I remember 90210, complete with the band at the Peach Pit. It was like, totally awesome!

I didn't notice in the after-credits, but did they advertise for the CD?

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                                My issue is more about general lack of responsibility.

I just hope that in a future episode, they show some of these possible undesirable side effects of body-swapping.
                                The whole issue of responsible body-swapping could have been solved by ONE little bit of solid writing.

Near the end of the episode, cut between Young talking to his folks and Telford talking to his - "Since the stone connection can be interrupted at any time - in and out of FTL, other reasons possibly, we need to be much more careful about their use. No driving, really no risky behavior. It's important to have even MORE respect for the body you inhabit than you would have your own."

Just think how different our opinion of this show would be if we were to see these people acting respectfully and maturely.

Comment

Working...
                                X