No announcement yet.

Destiny's weapon grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the sound of the weapons firing. Did wonder how the 40% energy reserve was depleted so fast, tho. Am looking forward to seeing it in battle.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      It did kind of remind me of BSG's point defense systems. And i love how many weapon blisters there were. BUT if that little firing they did was all it took to drop from 40% to where it needed to refuel, it makes me wonder how long it could keep it up in a protracted battle... Does not look that long.

I think they just used the same sound effects.
      One can only assume they fired the weapons for hours or come under the assumption that the ship is as weak and archaic as it's mentioned. Through my perspective, I fell those on board the Destiny will eventually seize a majority of 80 percent uninhabitable sectors of the ship, allowing for further scenarios to play out.

Comment

anyone else the scientist guy saying that they only activated 40% of the available weapons...i shudder to think what that thing can unleash with 100% of the weapon systems active

Comment

I hope the rate of fire can be controlled eg faster fire at lower yield per shot.
          sigpic
          Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

I don't think they fired the big guns we saw before, so how powerful would those be compared to the small ones that did get fired?

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
              so every time they fire they would deplete all the ships energy ? seems like a pretty wank system to me.
              Considering that the ship just needs to take a dip into a sun whenever it runs low on power, it's a pretty kick-ass system, if you ask me.

The problem was that the ship was just at under 40% power reserves after "Light", for whatever reason. Maybe just like a normal rechargeable battery, in time, you can never fully recharge it.
              At its peak, yeah, I'd say it was an astounding system.

Comment

i was like, "cool. cool."

*computer shows the entire destiny firing dozens of cannons *

" AMAZING!"

Comment

The destiny coud -- hypothetically -- beat deadalus class

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                    so every time they fire they would deplete all the ships energy ? seems like a pretty wank system to me.
                    They probably had the weapons firing on a continuous cycle for a long period of time. That would deplete power no matter how advance it may be. We probably only saw a small snippet of how long they were actually firing.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by segaxgames View Post
                      Destiny has shields able to resist stars and judging by its weapons enough to easily pulverize a 304.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                        Another proof that the "last tribe" of Asgard in Pegasus used tech based on the Ancients. Not just the suits, but the railguns too. That also means we can assume they will eventually find yellow projectile handguns.

At last, its getting interesting.
                        How is that proof of anything, except that they both fire yellow blobs of energy?
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by segaxgames View Post
                          The Destiny could hypothetically do anything. For all we know, those energy weapons could have less of an effect than railguns, or they could be more powerful than Asgard beams. We have absolutely no idea.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

I doubt the boat would be able to put out 100 shots before it had to go take a dip in a star.. How many shots did they fire to drain the batteries? Less then 100..

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                              I doubt the boat would be able to put out 100 shots before it had to go take a dip in a star.. How many shots did they fire to drain the batteries? Less then 100..
                              What, did you go get a sandwich during that scene? There was a *lot* of shooting in all directions simultaneously
                              If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                              Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Gatebsg View Post
                                Not a fan of the sound effects

totally agree, they were cheesy for one thing plus space is a vacuum - we should not hear weapons fire if viewing from the outside of the ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X