This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oka View Post
    The characters in this show is pissing me off. I swear, there's not ONE likable character (except maybe Greer). I don't know how they're managing to be so ******* annoying all the time.
    No one said they all would be likeable

It's frustrating to watch. A show with this many unlikeable characters will never work. Trite sex scenes, stupid soapish relationships.
    But it does, apparently. The ratings are good.

It's not good.
    That's your opinion.

It's not Stargate.
    Stargate Universe. There's a stargate onboard the ship. I'll would call it Stargate.

Then there's the fact that they don't have a main antagonist, which is needed in a show like this, and it was especially evident in this episode.
    According to....?

Never been so disappointed in a tv-show.
    Good thing it's just a tv-show then. Not the fate of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Oka View Post
      The characters in this show is pissing me off. I swear, there's not ONE likable character (except maybe Greer). I don't know how they're managing to be so ******* annoying all the time. It's frustrating to watch. A show with this many unlikeable characters will never work. Trite sex scenes, stupid soapish relationships. It's not good. It's not Stargate.

Then there's the fact that they don't have a main antagonist, which is needed in a show like this, and it was especially evident in this episode. It just dragged on. The show has no focus. I expect it to get 1 more season, not more. Never been so disappointed in a tv-show.

Show:
      2/10
      Episode:
      3/10
      I think you should watch some real soap opera before you make the statement that SGU has "stupid soapish relationships." Watch some stuff on MTV that they put on there.

Also, there is an antagonist. Themselves as well as
      Spoiler:
      the occasional alien contact. Watch 'Space' for more on that.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
      and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

i just found a flub that may/may not have been mentioned

ok, so wray is in the offier's body...and when she 'beams' in, we see her with her hair down. then, when she and the IOA guy are out getting the hot dog, her hair is up...but she couldn't have put her hair up, her 'hair' is with her body on the ship. and if she was going to be shown beamed into the woman's body, she should have beamed in with her hair up

it makes no sense
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          i just found a flub that may/may not have been mentioned

ok, so wray is in the offier's body...and when she 'beams' in, we see her with her hair down. then, when she and the IOA guy are out getting the hot dog, her hair is up...but she couldn't have put her hair up, her 'hair' is with her body on the ship. and if she was going to be shown beamed into the woman's body, she should have beamed in with her hair up

it makes no sense
          Yeah, it does. She's perfectly capable of putting up the woman's hair. She's in the body.

Comment

but the woman's hair would have already been up. she was in uniform, her hair was up. wray's hair was down, when wray jumped into the woman's body, she'd jump into a body with the hair up. but what we saw was wray in the woman's body with her hair down (wray's), then when we're outside, we see wray with her hair up, but what we should have seen was wray as she jumped, with her hair down

if we were gonna see wray's hair assuming the configurations of her 'host', her hair woulda been up in the first shot in the briefing room

sigpic

Comment

What, you've never had your hair down and then just tied it back? It's simple. Wray tied the woman's hair back. If your scenario is to be believed, she would have been wearing a hat and Young wouldn't have been able to take his clothes off.

Comment

I really wish that SGU would get away from all the sex. It's just not what I want from Stargate. Plus the bodyswapping and having sex bit is really creepy. I liked Young alot (he was my second favorite character), but after he used Telford's body so he could have sex, I can't think that he has a good moral center.

And for everyone who thinks the sex scene/swapping was funny, look at it from another view, Telford was raped. It's no different than a girl drunk and passed out at a party and some guy having sex with her while she's unconscious. She might not remember it happening, but her body was still violated. Telford might not remember it happening (but he does which makes it even more like rape), but his body was still used without his consent for a sexual act.
                It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

the woman's hair was already back.

that's the nit

we see the woman when the bodies switch, and the officer's hair is up, and we see wray, and hers is down as she sits at the briefing table

then, she goes outside, and her hair is up, but there's no way she could have put her hair up cause her hair is back on the destiny

since the hotdog scene is outside, something tells me that the military advisor made them put ming na's hair up, even though continuity was wrong, because uniform regs trumped continuity

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
                    I really wish that SGU would get away from all the sex. It's just not what I want from Stargate. Plus the bodyswapping and having sex bit is really creepy. I liked Young alot (he was my second favorite character), but after he used Telford's body so he could have sex, I can't think that he has a good moral center.

And for everyone who thinks the sex scene/swapping was funny, look at it from another view, Telford was raped. It's no different than a girl drunk and passed out at a party and some guy having sex with her while she's unconscious. She might not remember it happening, but her body was still violated. Telford might not remember it happening (but he does which makes it even more like rape), but his body was still used without his consent for a sexual act.
                    He didn't look too shocked with it at the end of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post

I didn't find that scene the least bit funny, I hated that scene And it's the first episode I didn't like Young in

As for sex in Stargate, well I don't really have a problem with it but they are going a bit over the score with it They need to tone it down a bit.
                      sigpic

Comment

Janelle Monae - Many Moons
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHgbzNHVg0c

Maybe it is strange, but I like this song. The song begins at 00:45, what was in the episode. When I heard it in this SG episode, I was on a neutral perspective, because it was OK, but now I listen it every day.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          but now I listen it every day.
                          I don't need to, it plays itself in my head now
                          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I didn't like the fact that the Destiny was shown flying through the sun again so soon, it took the wow factor out of it. When that happened for the first time i thought it was so amazing and i wish they had left it until they needed to recharge again at least.

Comment

I'm with the group where young loses a bit of integrity IMO for using Telford's body for a bit of private passion with his wife. Not that I blame him. Obviously, he was having a bit of problems to begin with in the relationship before the whole separation.

And in a way, with Telford coming back for that timely moment, and seeing what is going on, I almost think it's a bit of revenge on his part, moving in to score. And perhaps future blackmail? he's a bit of a shady character. Imagine the leverage he'd hold over Young by imparting that little tidbit, with a threat to tell her what he's been up to. Or he might just want to hurt Young for the loyalty he's inspired, perhaps unjustly in Telford's mind.

All in all, I still think Destiny is a bit of a mess though, and the crew and characters lack the trust and camaraderie that I loved in the Stargate franchises. They are selfish, and all too occupied with advancing their own hidden agendas and personal pleasures to trust one another. No one considers much the greater good, the survival of the whole. But then, in a way, that was intentional, as young tells O'neill, "this was the wrong group of people"

I will give them a thumbs up for backgrounds, special effects, sets, costumes, and props though. I just hope they learn to work together, because I grow tired of the deeper darker side of humanity, it is what made me give up on BSG after a few seasons.
                              sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

I've only just started watching SGU this week and this was the first episode where i think it started to pick up, the ending was great. The way Rush dealt with getting Telford of Destiny was awesome although i haven't been much of a fan of Rush so far.

I don't like Telford at all. Seems like the kind of guy who will cause lots of trouble just because he doesn't like the fact that the destiny crew respect Young and not him. And what was he doing at Mrs Young's house at the end? V. dodgy guy.

I'm a big Eli fan so far, I like his film quotes and references.Eases the tension a little bit, he's kinda SGU's version of Lost's Hurley.

So far i think SGU is ok but there's something lacking with regards to teamwork/camaraderie which is the thing i always loved about SG1 and SGA. I get that they were trying to take it in a different direction but it doesn't really feel like Stargate to me yet, even with O'Neill's appearance (Yay!)

Comment

Working...
                                X