This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    IMO no one on the destiny is in a relationship. it's just humans being human
    I guess it depends on your definition of a relationship. I think a few are definatly in one
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      IMO no one on the destiny is in a relationship. it's just humans being human
      Apropos of nothing, and not to get all science-y or anything, but having sex isn't a marker of humanness. It pretty much just means you're some form of Eukaryote.

Just one of those things - WAY too many folks try to explain their obsession with sex by saying it just means they're human. Well, ok, but it doesn't mean you're special or anything. (And by "you" I'm paraphrasing conversations I've had with my best friend, who is a total sex fiend, bless his heart).

"Being Real" can mean so very many things - celibate people are real, heroes are real, leaders are real, murderers are real. It's all in what you choose to emphasize.

This version of Stargate chooses to emphasize relationships, and sex. And to "show not tell" with the sex. Ok. The other ones emphasized heroic action, loyalty and discovery. Just different emphasis.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I guess it depends on your definition of a relationship. I think a few are definatly in one
        And Chloe's in two!

Comment

Don't you mean Scott?
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Don't you mean Scott?
            Both of them, I guess.

Scott with Chloe and that other one and Chloe with Scott and her emotional vampirism with Eli.

Comment

Chloe = emotional vampire... I MUST use that when I review all these episodes during the mid-season break! 'Chloemotional vampirism'. Hmmm.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                Both of them, I guess.

Scott with Chloe and that other one and Chloe with Scott and her emotional vampirism with Eli.
                I wouldn't classify Chlow and Eli as a relationship unless we are considering friendship as relationship
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I wouldn't classify Chlow and Eli as a relationship unless we are considering friendship as relationship
                  Well, technically you do have a relationship with friends. Just not relations.

Comment

Eli considered it more than that (or at least potentially more than that) until he realized that he would always be the backup in case Scott was lost.

Comment

If they'd been from the wrong country a lot of them would have been stoned by now. I mean with stones.
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Eli considered it more than that (or at least potentially more than that) until he realized that he would always be the backup in case Scott was lost.
                        So we should classify it because Eli wanted a relationship? Using that to judge relationships I've been in hundreds
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

So we should classify it because Eli wanted a relationship? Using that to judge relationships I've been in hundreds
                          You can't deny that she cozied up to him pretty heavy after Scott departed in the shuttle, can you?

Comment

You can't deny that she cozied up to him pretty heavy after Scott departed in the shuttle, can you?
                            Eli was the first person Chloe met outside of the crew of the Hammond on the trip to Icarus Base. They sat and talked awhile, so she probably did feel a bit closer to him than anybody else up to them all being stranded on Destiny. It's not really surprising that she'd gravitate toward somebody with a friendly face for comfort rather than to any of the other strandees. Personally, I don't think she's been leading him on at all. I do think Eli was quite taken with a pretty girl being friendly with him and turning to him for emotional comfort, and he misinterpreted her attentions toward him. A lot of miscommunication or complete lack of communication going on between them - as well, of course, between most everybody else on the Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Eli was the first person Chloe met outside of the crew of the Hammond on the trip to Icarus Base. They sat and talked awhile, so she probably did feel a bit closer to him than anybody else up to them all being stranded on Destiny. It's not really surprising that she'd gravitate toward somebody with a friendly face for comfort rather than to any of the other strandees. Personally, I don't think she's been leading him on at all. I do think Eli was quite taken with a pretty girl being friendly with him and turning to him for emotional comfort, and he misinterpreted her attentions toward him. A lot of miscommunication or complete lack of communication going on between them - as well, of course, between most everybody else on the Destiny.
                              I think the most realistic (and common) thing in the whole SGU series is the fact that Eli misunderstood Chloe's behaviour, and interpreted it as Chloe's way of showing romantic interest on Eli, while Eli obviously felt attracted by her.
                              You can replace Eli and Chloe by millions of other real life name.
                              Misunderstanding between genders of the human species is a classic. Men are from Mars and women from Venus, they don't speak the same language (and body language, and non verbal language).

Comment

The characters in this show is pissing me off. I swear, there's not ONE likable character (except maybe Greer). I don't know how they're managing to be so ******* annoying all the time. It's frustrating to watch. A show with this many unlikeable characters will never work. Trite sex scenes, stupid soapish relationships. It's not good. It's not Stargate.

Then there's the fact that they don't have a main antagonist, which is needed in a show like this, and it was especially evident in this episode. It just dragged on. The show has no focus. I expect it to get 1 more season, not more. Never been so disappointed in a tv-show.

Show:
                                2/10
                                Episode:
                                3/10
                                We're whalers on the moon,
                                We carry a harpoon.
                                But there ain't no whales
                                So we tell tall tales
                                And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

Working...
                                X