Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always enjoyed the SG1 and SGA earth based shows, but importantly both shows established themselves BEFORE dropping in the closer to home stuff.

There is way too much sex, kissing and touch feely crap going on, and not nearly enough exploring of the Destiny and all the wonders it holds.

I'd say 75% of Earth was set on earth, and if I wanted to watch drunken people snogging and people sleeping with other peoples wives I'd watch The Hills, I really would!
    I got nothing!

Comment

I thought tonights episode was brill!

I loved the name Eli gave to his mum; Philip Fry. I think Eli's dreamy! The night club scene was good.

The body swop problem, had me gasp then laugh! I Think it was Telford's face that did it for me.

I keep wondering what did Greer do to end up locked up.

I kinda had a feeling that there was something going on between TJ and Young.

I also kinda had a feeling that Rush was going to saboutage the experiment to get the people home. But Telford rushing off like that to get off the ship was totally dispicable! I couldn't help thinking "What a total ****!"

Great episode I'd say it was a 8.5/10

Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
      The Strongest Will Survive!
      I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

I simply forwarding all sex, useless scenes(like one in the club) because this show shouldn't be about those things in my opinion.
        The cake is a lie...

Comment

Yet again I was dissapointed, especially since I stopped play mordern warfare 2 to watch it.

I need not have bothered.

The 25% of the show set on Destiny was excellent, the other 75% on earth was utter dribble, and IMO I think it will be lucky to get 3 seasons top if they continue down this road.
          I got nothing!

Comment

I would prefer it if they focused more on exploring the destiny and universe rather than Earth but this still turned out a good ep IMO.

As for the sex etc, well, I never had a problem with it, though if I'm honest I do think they're starting to overdo it. We've gone from two shows which next to never showed sex to a new show which in it's first 7 eps has had 3 sex scenes. I still don't particularly have a problem with it, I just hope they show less sex and more exploration.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              They go back to earth and roam around freely is not at all believable. And I'm struggling to get past it. There should be incredible security surrounding this botched mission. I'd have been happier if their requests to talk to their families because they may not be coming home was denied for reasons of planetary security - and the fallout with the Earth command because of it.
              Yes, this is my main issue with those communication stones. For an organization like Homeworld Security which has always stressed the importance of keeping the Stargate program secret, letting Young, Eli, and Chloe do anything they want while on Earth just doesn't make any sense to me.

And letting them use those bodies to do anything they want is beyond reprehensible, IMO, for HWS to allow.

I did enjoy Rush's machinations on the ship, as well as the brief conversation between him and Wray. And Riley stepping up to stop that leak despite the danger was also a good moment.

sigpic

Comment

Like I said 20 thousand times before.

"Less sexy mexy, more Pew Pew and action"

Comment

well I don´t hate the sex scene but yeah they don´t need so many of them, but I have a feeling we will be seeing more of exploration and other cool stuff in the next episodes

Comment

Originally posted by akuma07 View Post
                    Yet again I was dissapointed, especially since I stopped play mordern warfare 2 to watch it.

I need not have bothered.
                    And besides that, you took time you could have been playing to post in this forum. I would have thought you'd be trying to make up for lost time.
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

The Episode was "Earth", meaning earth being the focus base of the episode.
                      It's always suicide mission this, save the planet that. No one ever just stops by to say "Hi!" any more!
                      - Gen. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog316 View Post
                        The Episode was "Earth", meaning earth being the focus base of the episode.
                        I think a lot of people missed that. Perhaps leaving the episode names off the air wasn't such a good idea after all.

On the other hand, the nightclub could be considered to be an alien planet...
                        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I think the episodes should show the episode titles in the promos and beginning screen. But Earth is an earth-based episode? NO WAY!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Its well known in fandom lack of exercise because of a knee surgery has caused RDA to put on some weight.
                            Not everyone knew that however.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

At least the previews of the next episode

Spoiler:
                              show them in a jungle, which I think makes for much more recognizable Stargate action than the previous offship jaunts on a desert planet( with no Jaffa guarding the Gate? Blasphemy!( kidding)) and an ice planet.

Comment

So if the next episode is name "Cloe" would it justify putting 20 sex scenes in there?

Comment

Working...
                                X