This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by latvian_stargatefan View Post
    Janelle Monae isn't a crappy artist. If you don't like this style, fine, but she was nominated to Grammy Award in her specific music style category.
    I think she is crappy. It did not mesh at all with the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
      Are you kidding? Jack told hammond to "Bite me" in front of the russian delegate! Rose tinted much?
      Exactly. Young told O'Neill he respected him so much because he treated his superiors that way.

I remember the little girl from the planet where they downloaded their intelligence. Young is doing what he thinks is best, just as O'Neill did.

Young was actually more respectful than O'Neill towards Hammond. Young didn't yell.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus View Post

Love the interaction between Eli and his mom (schnitzel!) and between Eli and Chloe. Eli's face when he is mugging at Chloe over the good looking girl he was danceing with was choice. Made me laugh. And I loved the look on the swapped-in scientist's face when he realized what Eli's body was wearing.

If future episodes stay as good as this one, I just might be forced to become a fan of this show....
        Does anyone else think Eli's mom figured it out, at least on an instinctive/mom level if not a rational level? When he grabbed the right container of whatever that was, it just seemed like she had figured it out.

Comment

All in can say is thank God for Sanctuary, or my Friday's would be meaningless.

Favorite part of the ep? Jack. I always love to see Jack.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          For those of you who thought a TJ-Young ship was going to happen I will gladly take the high road. *waits a second.* I told you so. I told you so.. Anyway a good piece of foreshadowing for those of us who don't read spoilers to tell us that at the very least their is some physical attraction between Young and TJ. Also speaking the teaser Ming Na looks great to be doing some acting chops. It’s also nice that we get some common sense behind using the communication stones. Besides that their isn't much to say about the teaser because nothing else really interesting happened.
          LOL, seriously. The attraction is evident in episode 1!

Of course, I literally pegged them to get together the minute I read the first character biographies. They're SGU's Jack and Sam.

Jack/Sam & Young/TJ
          Spoiler:
          Take one older, experienced Air Force colonel whose ready to retire and dealing with a difficult family life. Enter young, blond, smart Air Force officer under his chain of command apparently means romance in Stargate.

Though let it be known that I really hate the affair that took place there. I'm getting really sick of the lack of honor shown by a lot of these characters.

Disclaimer: This is just the ramblings of a hopeless romantic of Stargate.

But may I also just say, that while I'm all for character development (I've repeatedly said how much I wish that SG-1/SGA had more character defining moments), I think that this has gone to far.

I can't even think of this as science-fiction anymore. This is a soap opera in a sci-fi environment. I understand that this would be a hard situation for everyone on board, but the bickering and juvenile disagreements between the characters is really getting on my nerves.

Obviously I'm still watching the show, hoping for the arrival of some wacky aliens and severely missing SG-1/SGA's super space battles.
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

i don'[ think it would have worked destiny is just to old and beat up to dial earth. it can' handle the power requirements
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

What I think this episode did was lay the remaining pieces of the foundation of the series. In the 7 Episodes so far we have:

- All the major characters (and a few minor ones) have the foundations of their characters outlined. While some have been developed more than others everybody seems to have had at least some time in the spotlight.

- The Destiny has been introduced enough that we know the basics of how things are going to work while leaving enough mystery that can be explored later.

- They've pretty much now know they aren't getting home anytime soon as now have to make the best of it.

Actually I think they've done a pretty good job. I'm interested to see how things play out with the setup they've come up with. Sure its not SG-1 or SG-A but its certainly worth watching.

Although I really hope that next weeks isn't a Time Travel/Alternative Universe thing. Too soon, too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by badwolfSG View Post
                Dr. Rush became not so disliked after this episode, I won't go as far as said I like him. But the last two episodes there are, small, moment where I find myself thinking he not so annoying.

What Young did in Telford body was not cool, funny b/c Telford a jerk, but that still gave him no right to do what he did..
                If Telford is married, is what his body did considered cheating? He WAS there for part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                  All in can say is thank God for Sanctuary, or my Friday's would be meaningless.
                  I find funny as I have the opposite effect. Sanctuary has been letting me down this season but I'll save the rest for the apprioate thread

I can't even think of this as science-fiction anymore. This is a soap opera in a sci-fi environment. I understand that this would be a hard situation for everyone on board, but the bickering and juvenile disagreements between the characters is really getting on my nerves.
                  And yet but that merit alone it is science fiction. Science fiction is the use of science the explore the world around us. The thing about lasers and aliens being science fiction is a sterotype to say the least
                  Obviously I'm still watching the show, hoping for the arrival of some wacky aliens and severely missing SG-1/SGA's super space battles.
                  I think you'll be disappointed. The ol
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

No, I really, really doubt it would have worked. Concentrating massive amounts of power into a small spot just seems like a bad idea to me. And when you add in how deteriorated the ship is it's just a recipe for disaster...
                    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

i was kinda hooping there were to use the wormhole drive

Comment

I don't think so. The ships power conduits are damaged. If the ship isn't cpapable of recharging to full power, i doubt the conduits are capable of handling the power required to dial Earth.
                        sigpic

Comment

No I don't think it would've worked. Rush may act eccentric and anti-social (much like McKay) but at the end of the day, I trust him Although I was suprised in Light when he just sort of gave up and went and read a book!?! McKay wouldn't have given up.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                            Ahh wall of text! Still you make some damn fine points.
                            But I did use white space. Thanks.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                            Yeah. I think I'm done, and I feel really bad about it because I do like some of the characters, but I have always hated 'soapy' type shows and movies, and this element is just becoming too prominent in this show.

das
                            Does "soapy" mean sex and intimacy? I've never understood why that type of stuff is forbidden in science fiction shows. Heck, Captain Kirk made a career out of it. I don't mind the angst or emotion because it makes me relate to the characters. That's what makes SGU so different from Sanctuary and why both are great. If they were similar, what's the point? I'm happy that SGU is a departure from the other standard Stargate series. I don't want to see the same old sci-fi genre show over and over.

Originally posted by Marsuvees View Post
                            Exactly. Young told O'Neill he respected him so much because he treated his superiors that way.

I remember the little girl from the planet where they downloaded their intelligence. Young is doing what he thinks is best, just as O'Neill did.

Young was actually more respectful than O'Neill towards Hammond. Young didn't yell.
                            I agree that Young was respectful of Jack. They both expressed a mutual respect for each other.

Originally posted by rexpop View Post
                            What I think this episode did was lay the remaining pieces of the foundation of the series. In the 7 Episodes so far we have:

- All the major characters (and a few minor ones) have the foundations of their characters outlined. While some have been developed more than others everybody seems to have had at least some time in the spotlight.

- The Destiny has been introduced enough that we know the basics of how things are going to work while leaving enough mystery that can be explored later.

- They've pretty much now know they aren't getting home anytime soon as now have to make the best of it.

Actually I think they've done a pretty good job. I'm interested to see how things play out with the setup they've come up with. Sure its not SG-1 or SG-A but its certainly worth watching.
                            Well said. That's pretty much how I feel too.

Comment

At the end of Earth Young was briefing the IOA and US Military and he said something to the effect of, "Well the time I have allotted for this meeting is over" and walked out. He also appeared much more confident and in control.

Do you think they are now having security on their bodies on the Destiny as they go to Earth with soldiers stationed to remove the stones after a certain amount of time to make sure Telford and/or somebody else can't take over again?

I could just see Telford waking up in Young's body tied up with Greer sitting in a chair across the room from him sneering at him with that look of his, this thought makes me smile!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                                At the end of Earth Young was briefing the IOA and US Military and he said something to the effect of, "Well the time I have allotted for this meeting is over" and walked out. He also appeared much more confident and in control.

Do you think they are now having security on their bodies on the Destiny as they go to Earth with soldiers stationed to remove the stones after a certain amount of time to make sure Telford and/or somebody else can't take over again?

I could just see Telford waking up in Young's body tied up with Greer sitting in a chair across the room from him sneering at him with that look of his, this thought makes me smile!
                                green worthy idea

Comment

Working...
                                X