No announcement yet.

Pro-civilian bias?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civilians were completely right in every way. does that answer the question?
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
      Civilians were completely right in every way. does that answer the question?
      Yep because withholding food and water was right in every way
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Don't take the troll bait, jel...
        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
          Is there even really a point in debating with you? You're so anti- Young/Greer/Military that nothing anyone ever said could change your mind. Come on, I'll await your response criticizing my lack of evidence, weak arguments, etc.
          Nice rebuttal to completely valid and well-thought out points. I'm not anti-military, I'm critical of Young's and Greer's actions in the past (and present as it is). Greer is not a lovey dovey guy. I'm not saying he's a bad person who needs to die or something. I'm merely pointing out that no matter how delusional people want to be, Greer has shown himself to have anger management issues.

By the way, I don't get how people can delude themselves into thinking I'm anti-military. I'm actually one of the few people on either side advocating a compromise. The command of Destiny should be split up by committee. Rush, Wray and Young (and many more people) should all share the power. Rush will get the science department, Young the military and Wray everything else (i.e. the "civilian-non-scientific" part).

Wow, how very un-military of me!

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Their methods were questionable, but so the judgment of the people who are currently running the ship by force.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
            Nice rebuttal to completely valid and well-thought out points. I'm not anti-military, I'm critical of Young's and Greer's actions in the past (and present as it is). Greer is not a lovey dovey guy. I'm not saying he's a bad person who needs to die or something. I'm merely pointing out that no matter how delusional people want to be, Greer has shown himself to have anger management issues.

By the way, I don't get how people can delude themselves into thinking I'm anti-military. I'm actually one of the few people on either side advocating a compromise. The command of Destiny should be split up by committee. Rush, Wray and Young (and many more people) should all share the power. Rush will get the science department, Young the military and Wray everything else (i.e. the "civilian-non-scientific" part).

Wow, how very un-military of me!

Their methods were questionable, but so the judgment of the people who are currently running the ship by force.
            I acknowledged that it had been a bad day and I wasn't in my best frame of mind. I also apologized. You can take it or leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
              I acknowledged that it had been a bad day and I wasn't in my best frame of mind. I also apologized.
              Good on you - these topics have a way of getting us all wound up (which shows they are interesting).
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                Good on you - these topics have a way of getting us all wound up (which shows they are interesting).
                Indeed. Divided has been... divisive But it's all good.
                sigpic

Comment

While watching the episode I got the feeling that there was more of a military bias than a civilian one. The whole episode seemed to be set up to paint the civilians as the villains and the military folks as the heroes, who have to overcome the challenges put into place by the 'evil' scientist. Not saying I personally agree with that perspective, it's just the impression I got after watching.
                  I can picture in my mind, a world without war, a world without hate.... and i can picture us attacking that world cause they'd never see it comming

Comment

Originally posted by mjwalshe View Post
                    No your wrong here as they are all effectively senior civil service (ie not local government) employees they do have a structure and it maps directly onto military rank as well.

Young is an O6 which is a GS15 which I suspect that some of the senior scientists would be on as the lead on Atlantis I could see Rodney being on this giving him parity with Sam – Weir was probably an even higher grade.
                    GS rating doesn't grant authority over military personnel. IF the scientists were gov't employees, and not contractors, they would have their own chain of command. It might offer them nicer accommodations at the BOQ, and a modicum of respect, but not equivalent rank.

Also, the 14-15 rating is normally a management level. When scientists get these ratings it is because they need to be paid sufficiently for their level of education and experience, not because they actually command some authority. The authority part would be determined by their title and area of responsibility. GS-15 would be appropriate for Weir commanding a base.

Comment

Working...
                    X