TJ ordering the gun put down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
    Oh good God, we're analyzing this? Sheesh.
    It's Gateworld, get with the program

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
      TJ and the unnamed Airman would have been severely outnumbered, even if they manged to take Wray and Rush. It was a no win situation, so TJ decided to sit tight and wait for Young to take the ship back.

Given that TJ and the Airman were detained and locked up, it's more than safe to say he wouldn't have been allowed to keep the sidearm, even if he holstered it.
      Actually his name is Dunning. He's not unnamed.

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
      Oh good God, we're analyzing this? Sheesh.
      LOS, please, this is GateWorld. Crazy, crazy, over-obsessed GW. Every frame of every episode, trailer, Kino, promo will be analyzed, taken apart and discussed hundred times over. That's what makes us and this place so crazy awesome.

A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

So? That's potentially 15 people killed including everyone in that room. Are you saying that wasn't a big deal to them?

I'm not saying that I believe TJ is a martial artist, but still in any physical confrontation between TJ and a "what's his face" against Wray and 5 unimposing scientists, I'd have to give any andvantage to the individuals with more than 0 combat training of any kind. Obviously they couldn't restrain the entire lot of them on the ship but one of the leaders is right in front of them AND they've got a gun. Who's going to try to take it from him? Are there 16 guys hanging around willing to possibly take a bullet to disarm him ?
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
          Hello, this is GateWorld Anonymous, and I am Jasper and I have a problem.

Hi Jasper.

I am addicted to the crazyness of GateWorld.

Yeah, I need a program.

Comment

All of these women of "power" is a little off putting and unrealistic. I'm not saying that there is anythig wrong with powerful women. It just seems a little over the top and forced.

It's easier to believe in aliens than social order on this show.

Comment

What? TJ is an officer and therefore is Dunning's superior.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Tj proved once again why she should be the one in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shrike View Post
                  Tj proved once again why she should be the one in charge.
                  I agree in Water she demonstrated that she would make a very effective leader. Imo of all the crew she would make the best choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                    I agree in Water she demonstrated that she would make a very effective leader. Imo of all the crew she would make the best choice.
                    I have to say, there's not really anything about TJ that I think would make her a bad leader. Hell, of the three current choices I'd say she's probably better than all of them.
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                      I have to say, there's not really anything about TJ that I think would make her a bad leader. Hell, of the three current choices I'd say she's probably better than all of them.
                      The only downside I can think of is that she'd have to split her time between leading and being the de facto chief medical officer. Could be a tight schedule, but less so if she starts training a couple of nurses.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        So? That's potentially 15 people killed including everyone in that room. Are you saying that wasn't a big deal to them?

I'm not saying that I believe TJ is a martial artist, but still in any physical confrontation between TJ and a "what's his face" against Wray and 5 unimposing scientists, I'd have to give any andvantage to the individuals with more than 0 combat training of any kind. Obviously they couldn't restrain the entire lot of them on the ship but one of the leaders is right in front of them AND they've got a gun. Who's going to try to take it from him? Are there 16 guys hanging around willing to possibly take a bullet to disarm him ?

With 15 rounds of 9mm you probably could get 3 at best. Apart from the fact that people will miss, you'll need multiple rounds of 9mm to put people down. On top of that in the situation TJ and the Marine was in he'd probably get one, Wray who was standing in front of him, the others would have got him before he'd had time to sight the weapon on them. I the time it takes to position oneself and aim at a target with a pistol a person can have moved 6 or 7 meters.

Originally posted by Lost View Post
                        All of these women of "power" is a little off putting and unrealistic. I'm not saying that there is anythig wrong with powerful women. It just seems a little over the top and forced.

It's easier to believe in aliens than social order on this show.
                        Err what? There are plenty of women in the military and there are plenty of women in politics and bureaucracy. No offense but where the heck do you live, Saudi Arabia?

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                          Actually his name is Dunning. He's not unnamed.

LOS, please, this is GateWorld. Crazy, crazy, over-obsessed GW. Every frame of every episode, trailer, Kino, promo will be analyzed, taken apart and discussed hundred times over. That's what makes us and this place so crazy awesome.

We shall beat the snot out of each episode!
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Ok, if I were TJ, I would have ordered Camille to stand down. At gun point.
                            If she didn't, I may have even shot her. It was mutiny. They were a threat.
                            Treason and mutiny have the death penalty.

If I was that soldier guy, I would have simply holstered the weapon.

But these civvies were wimps, he could have taken them out in hand-to-hand combat easily enough to begin with.

The whole thing was just wrong.

With 15 rounds of 9mm you probably could get 3 at best. Apart from the fact that people will miss, you'll need multiple rounds of 9mm to put people down. On top of that in the situation TJ and the Marine was in he'd probably get one, Wray who was standing in front of him, the others would have got him before he'd had time to sight the weapon on them. I the time it takes to position oneself and aim at a target with a pistol a person can have moved 6 or 7 meters.
                            What on earth are you talking about?

One bullet from that pistol would have dropped any of those scientists.
                            They were wimps to begin with.

Even if they were not, you don't need 15 rounds to kill 3 people.
                            Especially since he was a trained soldier.

I could have easily shot each of them at that range with a pistol. It would not have taken 15 rounds either.
                            5-9, maybe, if I kept my cool.

Even if they got to him, he was a trained soldier.
                            He could have dealt with them easily.

You are also assuming all humans would rush a guy pointing a gun straight at you.
                            That just isn't true.

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
                              Ok, if I were TJ, I would have ordered Camille to stand down. At gun point.
                              If she didn't, I may have even shot her. It was mutiny. They were a threat.
                              Treason and mutiny have the death penalty.
                              Come one, TJ isn't good to shot Camille. After that she would be the one to take care of her. Not to mention TJ needs to live with those people from day to day. That is just not TJ. TJ is not the one for using violence like that. If he would even have the chance. I bet if that airman had shot anyone, he'd be dead right now.

If I was that soldier guy, I would have simply holstered the weapon.
                              After which they'd just have taken the gun from you.

But these civvies were wimps, he could have taken them out in hand-to-hand combat easily enough to begin with.
                              Airman Dunning, is just an airman, one airman at that, there's no way he could have gotten the overhand on all of them.

Besides, this is all BS. Violence and shooting people isn't the solution. TJ showed some sound judgement instead of only aggravating the situation. You make the civilians stand out as **the** big bad new enemy, but just moments before they were people that airman shared his life with from day to day, and now he has to live with them again. Shooting your own people just isn't that easy, certainly not on a piece of metal junk billions of light years away from home, where the 88 people on that ship are the only thing not alien for light years around you.

Comment

in the final moments of the standoff the soldier is standing with nobody in his rear while holding wray in his sights at almost point blank range

they weren't going to bumrush him, precisely because they knew if they did then several people would be killed... these people had no intention of dying for their cause so they wouldn't do anything risking such an outcome... I mean the two scientists were almost soiling their pants when they noticed TJ was on the wrong side of the line

I'm not saying the soldier should have shot anyone, just that by not giving up the gun he might not have had to shoot anyone (well maybe some people in the leg to make his point) he could have marched them all straight to detention because they didn't want to die, in my opinion the last thing these mutineers would do in such a situation is play meatshields for the cause! The threat of violence could have sufficed

also who can say for sure he only had one clip?
                                I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X