Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

communication stones - possible plot hole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Rush had a stone. It was just Young speculating he had one. That's all. All stones seem to be accounted for. There were five slots in the box, and there are five stones accounted for. Where would the sixth stone be? Not to mention wouldn't this have surfaced a long time ago? As I saw it in this episode, Young was being his usual self again, just speculating and putting Rush at fault.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I don't think Rush had a stone. It was just Young speculating he had one. That's all. All stones seem to be accounted for. There were five slots in the box, and there are five stones accounted for. Where would the sixth stone be? Not to mention wouldn't this have surfaced a long time ago? As I saw it in this episode, Young was being his usual self again, just speculating and putting Rush at fault.

Comment

I don't know the right answer to this, but the Aliens did have a stone, we saw it when Rush was connected to the mind of the Alien in "Space". It was less than a second though so I'm sure most people could have missed it. See this cap:

Alien with Stone from Space

And the only way the Aliens could have one is through Rush so Young is right IMO.

Comment

I don't know the right answer to this, but the Aliens did have a stone, we saw it when Rush was connected to the mind of the Alien in "Space". It was less than a second though so I'm sure most people could have missed it. See this cap:

Alien with Stone from Space

And the only way the Aliens could have one is through Rush so Young is right IMO.

Comment

Well, each stone as a nice little foam nook to store it in. If one was missing from the case wouldn't it have been obvious to anyone who was looking at the stone storage case?
            All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I don't know, if that is indeed a stone, there a other ways they could have obtained it, or maybe even engineered it themselves. They were quite familiar with mind-linking technology, or so it seems to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                I don't know, if that is indeed a stone, there a other ways they could have obtained it, or maybe even engineered it themselves. They were quite familiar with mind-linking technology, or so it seems to me.
                Rush said the aliens weren't as advanced as the Ancients and like us don't understand how stone technology works. The problem isn't the mind-linking it's the "signal" the stones use to communicate instantaneously over large distances.
                I think people are over-analyzing this one ... the explanation was given: Rush had a stone, the aliens took it and activated it by touch therefore Young connected to the alien. Occam's razor, the simplest explanation is generally the best. (it's also mentioned in the episode transcript that the alien is seen with an Ancient communication stone)

Comment

I find it more interesting that Rush did it at all. That took some forethought, which makes me wonder what else he knows
                  sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Well, yet again rush left US wondering by his "Oh well" statement to young about whether he had one.

TO be honest i am not sure if he did, or if the blue aliens got one from the ship before we even got there...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Well, yet again rush left US wondering by his "Oh well" statement to young about whether he had one.
                      Oh well, he's still Rush after all.

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                        the aliens have no box / terminal, therefore by your logic Young cannot swap consciousness with the alien in Space. Yet he does exactly that.
                        If you watch SGA season 4 where keller swapps with that thief, you would know the answer. The closer the are to one another the less need there is for a platform.

As i mentioned in another thread, since it was said that the ancients DID plan on coming to the Destiny at some point, it would stand to reason they would have left a comm device and stones so they could communicate back without having to waste the power by dialing the gate. Perhaps THAT is where they found the stone, since it has been mentioned that the aliens have been on the ship before we got there.

Comment

As i mentioned in another thread, since it was said that the ancients DID plan on coming to the Destiny at some point, it would stand to reason they would have left a comm device and stones so they could communicate back without having to waste the power by dialing the gate.
                          You mean to say Rush found another communication device and set of stones on Destiny?

Perhaps THAT is where they found the stone, since it has been mentioned that the aliens have been on the ship before we got there.
                          As far as I know no one ever said the aliens were actually on Destiny, as in on the inside, and then they explored it. I don't thing this is right. Where do you get this?

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
                            the aliens have no box / terminal, therefore by your logic Young cannot swap consciousness with the alien in Space. Yet he does exactly that.
                            You missed the part where I said once the Aliens get their hands on the tech, the equation is out the window. Easy enough to try and activate the stone sans le box, or imagine the aliens cracking it...

I stick 100% to for Destiny crew to connect to anyone, the stone needs to be on the box, because HUMANS fuct with the tech to make it work our way not the ancient way.
                            We see this almost every episode stones are used, stone removed from box = disconnect!

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
                              You missed the part where I said once the Aliens get their hands on the tech, the equation is out the window. Easy enough to try and activate the stone sans le box, or imagine the aliens cracking it...

I stick 100% to for Destiny crew to connect to anyone, the stone needs to be on the box, because HUMANS fuct with the tech to make it work our way not the ancient way.
                              We see this almost every episode stones are used, stone removed from box = disconnect!
                              Fact remains that we still don't understand or know how exactly those stones work. And also, the stones themselves are still completely Ancient, only the box is Earth made.

Comment

If Rush had an extra [6th] stone, it would explain everything, except how he was able to get it, and if he had used it [previous to his justice marooning and subsequent rescue-ish abduction] while on destiny [who it connected to].

It doesnt make sense to me how the destiny stone room isn't guarded enough to ever notice one of the 5 stones missing [as in, they do routine checks, guard duty etc].

That part of justice where Wray looks into the mirror and her hand is shaking, perhaps rush and wray are both using stone number 6. In fact, maybe she brought it aboard and let Rush in on that, and he took it...
                                ....Its what I do!

Comment

Working...
                                X