• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh look up in the air people. Its a giant wet noodle
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
      Now someone needs to get us back on topic...QUICK!!!
      What topic was that? Oh..Scott and Chloe. (never start a night with the words "i think I'll finish off this bottle of rum" and then hop online to have meaningful conversation)

Scott and Chloe are pretty obvious in an almost cliched way. I *am* rather hoping they flesh out Eli a bit so he becomes a serious consideration for romantic interest

A lot of what happens in the future of relationships will depend on whether hey think they will get home soon or not...if they think they will get home soon then the 'relationship pursuit' aspect of the (single) characters lives will be suspended. If they think it's going to be awhile then they will seek (romantic) relationships amongst those present

For those married or seriously involved, I think the use of the LRCs will become a turning point ( and I just mean that in a non-sexual way of maintaining relationships)
      If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
      Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
        What topic was that? Oh..Scott and Chloe. (never start a night with the words "i think I'll finish off this bottle of rum" and then hop online to have meaningful conversation)

Scott and Chloe are pretty obvious in an almost cliched way. I *am* rather hoping they flesh out Eli a bit so he becomes a serious consideration for romantic interest

A lot of what happens in the future of relationships will depend on whether hey think they will get home soon or not...if they think they will get home soon then the 'relationship pursuit' aspect of the (single) characters lives will be suspended. If they think it's going to be awhile then they will seek (romantic) relationships amongst those present

For those married or seriously involved, I think the use of the LRCs will become a turning point ( and I just mean that in a non-sexual way of maintaining relationships)
        Good points good points. It will also depend on how they develop it, because it seems like the Scott Chloe thing could be something that will go through the progressions, from friendship, to meaningful friendship, to beyond, I mean its obvious they like eachother and are their for one another but that does not even have to mean that they will romance eachother.
        Actually it will be interesting if this turns into a young Jack O'Neill Sam Carter situation, boy will fandom just love that!

Comment

oh pulease...he was a good guy
          And she had to stop pining after Clark, that got so old in the first season even.
          ... but it's hard for a girl to let go of clark. i'm speaking of chloe, not me! yeah...

Now someone needs to get us back on topic...QUICK!!!
          oh yeah, uh...

so i wonder what vanessa james will feel if she sees some shippiness between scott and chloe? (what's scott's first name?)

does scott really feel anything for chloe, besides friendship?

does chloe?
          sally

sigpic

Comment

What I find refreshing about the Scott/Chloe ship is that they aren't using the typical sexual tension angle. They are gravitating toward one another for emotional support and I find that to be a nice change than the Starbuck/Apollo....let's duke it out in the ring and then go frak!!
            Originally posted by jelgate
            This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Actually it will be interesting if this turns into a young Jack O'Neill Sam Carter situation, boy will fandom just love that!
              Who needs fanfic
              If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
              Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                ... but it's hard for a girl to let go of clark. i'm speaking of chloe, not me! yeah...

oh yeah, uh...

so i wonder what vanessa james will feel if she sees some shippiness between scott and chloe? (what's scott's first name?)

does scott really feel anything for chloe, besides friendship?

does chloe?
                Mathew
                At this moment I really think that they look at themselves as being really good friends and nothing more at this point.

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                What I find refreshing about the Scott/Chloe ship is that they aren't using the typical sexual tension angle. They are gravitating toward one another for emotional support and I find that to be a nice change than the Starbuck/Apollo....let's duke it out in the ring and then go frak!!
                oh billy what a point!
                Who needs fanfic
                Hey I hope many people since I write it a lot

Comment

it can't go down that route. for one, chloe isn't military (no frat regs for her to consider), and two, scott might not care about that.

the writers are more gutsie now (obviously, seeing how scott and james were going at it ), so i don't see scott and chloe (IF they went down that road) waiting a bagillion years to get together like sam and jack did.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

it can't go down that route. for one, chloe isn't military (no frat regs for her to consider), and two, scott might not care about that.

the writers are more gutsie now (obviously, seeing how scott and james were going at it ), so i don't see scott and chloe (IF they went down that road) waiting a bagillion years to get together like sam and jack did.
                    ok my point is a bit on the far fetched side...but it would be nice!

Comment

Mathew
                      At this moment I really think that they look at themselves as being really good friends and nothing more at this point.

oh billy what a point!
                      Hey I hope many people since I write it a lot
                      Billy?? ok.....I look at it like it is a budding romance...you can tell by the way they look at each other...that to me is more than a friendship.... I am a skilled shipper in these matters!
                      Originally posted by jelgate
                      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

You seem a little bitter?
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

lol...here comes the Chott shippers. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                            Billy?? ok.....I look at it like it is a budding romance...you can tell by the way they look at each other...that to me is more than a friendship.... I am a skilled shipper in these matters!
                            I bet you are!!!
                            Like Niles and Daphne?
                            (hey we have in this thread talked about Smallville, BSG, why not add in Frasier?)
                            Well heck they care for eachother, but that does not mean they will romance.
                            Originally posted by jelgate View Post

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

Spoiler:
                              but i'm still waiting to SEE it for the 3rd movie!
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Mathew
                                I'd have to agree. They were both kind of "there for eachother" so far in a way, and they've definitely bonded quite quickly due to a real shared emotional pain.

Still, I feel like I might as well bring up the sticking point with me when it comes to shipping, as I allude to it all the time.

The thing I'll be waiting to see with these two is the progression of the relationship, should it get to that point. Too often in shows you have a pair get together way too quickly, and it (in most cases for me) ruins it.

Ideally (and I speak only for myself here), TPTB would be smart enough to take their time and develop the relationship to be believable. As an example, if these two are officially together in a serious capacity by midseason, then it's very likely that I won't end up liking what TPTB are doing in this regard.

Of course, I'm always open to seeing what TPTB throw at us and I'm not closed to the possibility that they may do something I'm not even expecting yet.
                                Sig by Pandora's Box
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X