No announcement yet.

Air 3, Final Scene - 'bug' pod, AND Ancient Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it's the pegasus asgard. After the ancients left didnt they say the wraith attacked them and they went into hiding.They were part of the milky way and ida asgard once, so that means they were part of the four race alliance (ancients,nox,furlings,and asgard). They might have known about the destiny through that alliance and when the wraith attacked some of them could have went in search of it knowing that the ancients went back to the milky way and knew the ancients would never use the destiny.Some went there looking for technology knowing it was old and you don't have to have the ancient gene to use any tech to use on their new world.

If you remember they went through the Atlantis shield with know problem. They were outlaws from the mainstream asgard so it's highly unlikely they would have ever been to Atlantis before. Daniel said if they were caught doing their research by the ancients they would have stopped them.Plus with their planet conditions and running from the wraith their technology advancement would have come to a halt.But who did they know
    that was more advanced but not using any of their tech.The ancients that's who.Atlantis you need the ancient gene on all their tech for it to work. for the destiny as far as I've seen you don't. The asgard would've had hyper drive tech so they could've caught up with the destiny. It has been 10,000 years

Comment

Yes FTL and sublight are different, however I have tried to piece together "hundreds of thosuands of years" and put it into context, relativity is the only guess I have.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
        Yes FTL and sublight are different, however I have tried to piece together "hundreds of thosuands of years" and put it into context, relativity is the only guess I have.
        Don't take Rush words as a fact, at the time he said these words it was just a rough guess from his lips nothing else because he was stumbled with such discovery.
        The cake is a lie...

Comment

has anyone posted screen caps yet? if not here you go
          Attached Files
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Ummm...the fact that there was no time dilation experienced - as in, Earth is at the same point as when they left - should pretty much clarify the fact that relativity doesn't come into play. Honestly, it's not that hard to pay attention.
            FTL, but not hyperspace. Obviously, warp drive is a possibility(even if they use a different name for it). Essentially create a bubble that surrounds the ship, making it "bend" space and basically swim through it as FTL speed, but without the effects of relativity.

Rush saying that was a rough estimate.

Also, the pod - what the hell are you talking about? Stargate pods? Seriously?
            It was an alien ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Arwis View Post
              ALSO:

Hyper drive, FTL drive are totally different propulsion systems.
              Except not really. FTL is a generic term. It includes travel through hyperspace - as in a hyperdrive.

Comment

What is creepy about having a body on board?

People die all the time on ships. Both space, and cruise ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Vespasianus View Post
                  On the Mallozzi blog, there was an interesting piece of Q&A:

Spoiler:

Mary writes: “The basic story was very good, although with some flaws – it’s hard for me to buy the idea that the CO2 scrubbers were all worn out when it was made clear in the dialogue that no one had ever been on the ship before; there didn’t seem to be a good reason why the INTERIOR door to the shuttle was broken when, again, no one was on the ship.”

Answer: Yeah, good questions. Why would they have this sort of trouble if the ship remained unmanned? And has Destiny sustained damage – almost as if its fallen victim to an attack of some sort? Weird.

Which leads me to believe there has been people (or aliens) attacking and boarding the Destiny before Rush and co arrived. If that's the case, that 'thing' in the end was probably left behind by these attackers for some reason or another.
                  well, atleast we know that there is more to the destiny than just ann empty broken ship...
                  Spoiler:
                  Could this have anything to do with the next episode, with the power going out and stuff?
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vespasianus View Post
                    On the Mallozzi blog, there was an interesting piece of Q&A:

Spoiler:

Answer: Yeah, good questions. Why would they have this sort of trouble if the ship remained unmanned? And has Destiny sustained damage – almost as if its fallen victim to an attack of some sort? Weird.
                    Well, that's one way they can one-up BSG. Maybe they actually have a *plan* for what all this stuff means
                    If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                    Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
                      What theories do we have about the final pod being launched right at the end?

My theory is it was a stargate 'pod' being launched
                      It might land engine down into the dirt, then unfold into one of those nice stargate platforms.

Any one else?

ALSO:

Rush said in Air 1 - "This ship is hundreds of thousands of years old"
                      BIG ASS mistake?
                      Or...
                      In SGA, 310 - Ancient warship flying at 99% speed of light.
                      10k years old, 10 years worth of ship time.
                      I take the same idea to Destiny, the ship was launched 10-30 million years ago. Travelling at FTL, meaning time is relative.
                      This makes sense to me because of a few things, what power supply will last millions of years? Much easier to get a power supply for less then a million years then more....

Ideas Opinions?

The pod is clearly Alien its pretty obvious. if it was part of the Destiny it would have been attached to the ship with some sort of docking/latching armature. It was just latched onto the hull, think the Millenium Falcon on the back of the Star Destroyer in The Empire Strikes Back lol.

Rush's comments about it being hundreds of thousands of years old was just a vague estimate thats all. It was put there to imply that the ship is really really old and probably what was intended in the script. Don't take it as fact.

I doubt theres any time dilation with the Destinys FTL. We have no idea what the Destinys power source/fuel is. Tbh logic dictates that it would have to be renewable/self sustaining in one way or another considering its travelled billions of lightyears and allot of that would be empty space between galaxies even if it was going in some form of ftl.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                        Well, that's one way they can one-up BSG. Maybe they actually have a *plan* for what all this stuff means
                        Hey these are the same guys that planed out seasons1-5. These are the dudes that could actually entertain people with out making them feel lousy at the end.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Well the Destiny has travelled billions of years and travelled through what at least 30 different Galaxies? Those CO2 scrubbers do what they say on the tin, scrub C02 from the air, to get that build up of carbodn dioxide you obviously need something breathing the air in the first place. I'd say chances are that those scrubbers have been worked to death for a reason and i bet money on the fact that the Destiny has been boarded and occupied previous by some other individuals most likely for a prolonged period of time. If this is true then the nature of this and the time it occured is unknown it could have been thousands of years ago or just last week who knows.

Also from a practical point of view. Whether we'll find out where/what that 'thing' was detaching from the destiny is a certainty. They wouldn't put a twist like that in there at the very end without following up on it, not having spent money on producing an cgi sequence just for that.

Comment

I agree with some of the comments posted here. I think someone attacked and boarded the Destiny trying to learn its secrets. They might not even know what the Stargate was. They may or may not have stayed a prolonged period of time until realising the life support was failing they left taking one of Destiny's shuttles with them and leaving a probe of some sort attached to the Destiny in the event that somebody came on board the ship to fix the systems. Notice the probe only left when the air supply was fixed.

Comment

The Destiny was attacked before by an Alien Race when traveling away from the Universe as we can tell from the damage shown on the exterior of the Destiny. My idea is that an Alien Race not having the Ancient Gene tried to takeover the ship but was not able to activate the Weapons / Computers during one of its cool downs where the destiny comes out of Hyperspace to dial Gates Verifying Completion of the Stargate Network. The most likely outcome is that the Pod at the end of the Episode 3 was either a Beacon meant to be deployed once activity was present on the Destiny or another part of the ship that were are unaware of meant to do something automatic like plant life on water worlds Aka (Seeds of Creation) or Satellite capable of retransmitting signals back to earth. Don't over think it, their is a reason why they left it as a cliff hanger to get you to watch the show.

PS: This episode sucked i could have wrote a better script while taken a **** more entertain then this crap. After the first season i do hope they start repairs on the ship as well as put in improvements only a mater of time before someone dials the Destiny's gate other than them. Their is a lot of poetinual for this show if they are capable of gathering resources via puddle jumper or some other form of vechile. If the current method continues where they gather resources in backpacks I'm pretty sure the show will be canceled end of the 1st season.

Comment

Interesting theory, it does seem a bit covenient it leaves as soon as the air supply is fixed and gives a possible explanation for the missing shuttle.

Comment

Working...
                                X