No announcement yet.

Air 3, Final Scene - 'bug' pod, AND Ancient Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first, I thought it was the senator's shuttle being jettisoned. But, from the pics posted, it looks quite alien. I'm thinking it's probably a scout of some sort to monitor Destiny.

Destiny must've run into some smart aliens in all it's travels, and since there's not much on the ship and it doesn't stay in one place for very long, the aliens probably left a scout to monitor/track the ship in case it found or did anything interesting. Humans repopulating the ship is probably worth reporting back to the higher-ups with.

Considering how far Destiny has traveled, it wouldn't be surprising if these aliens took until much later in the season to get back to Destiny. They also probably don't have very good FTLs like the Asgards in SG-1 or have gate technology like the Ancients, otherwise, they'd be there in like 3-6 episodes.

Comment

Definitely not part of the ship if you look at it directly against it - way different color hull

Comment

I would like to see what Destiny's hull looks like under the ship. It's possible that the aliens cut a hole to board the ship.

Spoiler:
        They do say that they lose power in the 4th episode. The aliens could have planted a computer virus or something.

I just noticed that the ship looks kinda like an Iratus bug in the picture above my post.

Comment

Here's a better pic of it.

Originally posted by Atlantean Engineer View Post
          At first, I thought it was the senator's shuttle being jettisoned. But, from the pics posted, it looks quite alien. I'm thinking it's probably a scout of some sort to monitor Destiny.

Destiny must've run into some smart aliens in all it's travels, and since there's not much on the ship and it doesn't stay in one place for very long, the aliens probably left a scout to monitor/track the ship in case it found or did anything interesting. Humans repopulating the ship is probably worth reporting back to the higher-ups with.

Considering how far Destiny has traveled, it wouldn't be surprising if these aliens took until much later in the season to get back to Destiny. They also probably don't have very good FTLs like the Asgards in SG-1 or have gate technology like the Ancients, otherwise, they'd be there in like 3-6 episodes.
          That's brilliant. I hadn't actually thought of that yet. It would have made sense that they had encountered other lifeforms that may track the ship.

Comment

It was the ship the senator died in....but the other one, remember how Eli said there were two of them?. Apart from that I have no idea why it lifted off in the middle of ftl, maybe to vent the senators body into space. I'm sure eventually it will be explained

I mean if 302s can't leave a 304 in hyperspace yet these shuttles can leave the ship during ftl, those little cockroach things must have a toughness to them, after all someone did call it "a puddle jumper on steroids"
            Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
              It was the ship the senator died in....but the other one, remember how Eli said there were two of them?. Apart from that I have no idea why it lifted off in the middle of ftl, maybe to vent the senators body into space. I'm sure eventually it will be explained

I mean if 302s can't leave a 304 in hyperspace yet these shuttles can leave the ship during ftl, those little cockroach things must have a toughness to them, after all someone did call it "a puddle jumper on steroids"
              That was no Shuttle.

If you go back to Air Pt. 1 around 1m 04s in you'll see a Shuttle just left & down from screen center. Then at around 1m 09s you'll see a damaged one screen right. Looks to be the one that the Senator died in as it appears to have a shield effect on it.

The small craft that lifted off the Destiny at the end of Air Pt. 3 was definitely Alien.

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                It was the ship the senator died in....but the other one, remember how Eli said there were two of them?
                The ship isn't part of the Destiny. The design and propulsion don't match any ancient ships and if you look at the establishing shots of Destiny you can see that each ship has a docking mechanism and landing lights. The alien shuttle doesn't have either. It was docked to the ship more like a parasite on a lifeform.

Destiny:

Alien ship w/ blue shields and red propulsion:

Comment

its 100% alien...100 % death proof too,well on the driver side but im getting off topic its an alien scout of some kind.maybe its been there this whole time,maybe it has something to do with that little torando friend of scotts but its alien.

Comment

it is NOT the ship that his body was in, go back and watch it, its a completely different design. The two shuttles are around the centre of the outside of the ships on both the top and bottom.

My theory is that
                    Spoiler:
                    The ship detected that people were left behind and are going to pick them up.

It doesn't make sense to keep killing of characters when you have <100 people aboard.

Comment

It has Rings around it's shell. Destiny is a seeder ship and it could be sending a Stargate with building blocks of life to a suitable planet. But yeah, the design looks different from Ancient Technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepsi-Man View Post
                        It has Rings around it's shell. Destiny is a seeder ship and it could be sending a Stargate with building blocks of life to a suitable planet. But yeah, the design looks different from Ancient Technology.
                        the destiny is not the seeder ship..the seeder ship is waaaay ahead of the destiny.the destiny was meant for the ancients to travel in once the seeder ship seeded the galaxy with gates.

also...if it is just the shuttle dumping the body or going to get those morons who got left behind well thats very lame and i doubt it would be shown at the end like its an imortant mystery that could come back to bite them in arse.plus its clearly not ancient design!

Comment

Its not a shuttle, well yes its A shuttle but its not a Destiny one, those are surrounded by a strip of yellowish light, see the pic below. Whats interesting here is it seems we are missing one, and if we assume the ship is fairly symmetrical on the outside, we have two left.

Spoiler:

Comment

hitchhikers
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              Looked more like a probe attached to the ship. My guess is some race stumbled upon the Destiny and was tracking it.
                              That's what I hope it is.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

its definitely alien and not part of the ship. When it takes off there is nothing connecting it to the ship for people to enter it.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1172/ship1n.jpg
                                http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3189/ship2t.jpg
                                http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3928/ship3a.jpg
                                Last edited by Bagpuss; 10 October 2009, 06:45 AM. Reason: images too wide for forum template and over twice allowed file size.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X