No announcement yet.

Songs on SGU - Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I love the song and thought it fitted the episode and series story very well.

Comment

i have no opinion either way...i am a robot

Comment

Loved the montage/song, however, they could have turned it down more during the Chloe/Scott convo - the words kinda collided - but other then that, especially the way the song started as the Destiny goes into FTL, was really well done.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't mind songs on the show as long as it's not being used to cover up lazy writing. A lot of times, writers would just go, "well, we can't really think of the appropriate dialogue or scenes necessary to convey all the nuance and emotions of the situation so we'll just throw in a song and a montage that makes everything really obvious."

Comment

I really didn't like the song in the end for several reasons. First of all, it sounds cheap. Second, it was too loud. Third, it was an annoying song. Fourth, it's feels like watching Smallville or something, where the network wants to promote songs.
            I'm very affraid that SGU will go in the same direction as were many others have gone: Full of advertising, cheap drama and bad writing. Let's try a few more episodes, but if it stays that way, it's goodbye Stargate after 12 years.

Comment

I liked it. I thought it worked well with the episode. I doubt we'll be seeing it on every ep, but in this case I think it fitted well with the concept of the crew needing "Air".

Comment

Ok the song at the end of Air 3 was just terrible, a very Smallville angsty teeny pop rock song, I hope that does not become a trend. Seriously.
                Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

horrid...too bsg-ish for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                    I don't mind songs on the show as long as it's not being used to cover up lazy writing. A lot of times, writers would just go, "well, we can't really think of the appropriate dialogue or scenes necessary to convey all the nuance and emotions of the situation so we'll just throw in a song and a montage that makes everything really obvious."
                    I agree with you
                    General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      At the end of "Air, Part 3," Joel Goldsmith's soundtrack switched to a contemporary song, one which certainly meshed well with the theme of needing air to survive. I have mixed feelings on this departure from the Stargate norm, but what do you think; should the show start using modern songs that would be played on the radio?
                      I liked it!

Comment

Originally posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
                        Ok the song at the end of Air 3 was just terrible, a very Smallville angsty teeny pop rock song, I hope that does not become a trend. Seriously.
                        Teen angst come on the song by Alexi Murdoch is brilliant and fits perfect into the overall theme of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                          horrid...too bsg-ish for me!
                          ...when did BSG ever have modern day Earth songs playing? With the one exception of the final episode with "All Along the Watchtower"? (Earlier playings of the song don't count, as they were just instrumental)
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

love the last song,
                            "Dont forget to breath" suited the scene very well.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              ...when did BSG ever have modern day Earth songs playing? With the one exception of the final episode with "All Along the Watchtower"? (Earlier playings of the song don't count, as they were just instrumental)
                              Didn't you hear? Everything about SGU is a ripoff of BSG
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I didn't watch BSG, so I can't comment on specific instances, but I would say that instrumental versions of modern songs do count in that they are just as likely to take the viewer out of the action as a non-instrumental song.

Comment

Working...
                                X