Mystery The sand monster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
    Whatever it was, there's no chance of it being an ascended Alteran, if you think about it.
    why not?

I'm still thinking about it and it could have been a lone ascended being
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
      Why would an ascended being in a galaxy never colonised by Ancients have to be an ascended Ancient? There could have been many different races as old as or even older than the Ancients who found the way to Ascension.
      That is a possibility, but then I doubt it would be explained. Because I doubt that ascended being will follow them and "help them" along the way. But you never know...

My point still stands, if it was an alien like I think it was, we will never be told about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
        Or it's just like "Unity" from SG-1 season 1, frankly the two planets resembled each other IMHO. Why does everything have to be strictly tied to existing stuff? This is A NEW SHOW! It will have its own aliens and stuff. Why can't we seem to get our heads out of the past? Sure I love seeing O'Neill; the Ancients are still cool, but let's let the show grow on its own please! What if Atlantis had just been about another part of the Goa'uld instead of the Wraith? Well that's what most of this thread is sounding like.
        I liked the Goa'uld better than the Wraith.
        General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

I prefer to think that the sand phenomenon was an alien, but not one that we've ever seen before. Not an Ancient, not any other Ascended being, not anything from the past.

SGU is about a ship on "the other side" of the universe. I would expect that planets and even whole systems would be totally unlike anything we've seen in all of Stargate. Obviously, the budget and storytelling conventions prevent them from going TOO off-the-wall, but this alien is a great example of how they could do things differently.

I also don't like the idea that it's simply a hallucination or coincidental cloud of dust. It just takes the sense of wonder right out of it.

I'd like to believe that the "hallucinations" were brought on by the alien's attempts to communicate, via some of Scott's strong emotions and memories as he crosses the desert. It wanted to help, and used the images to guide him. When he collapsed, the creature forced him awake by revealing that he had found what he was looking for.

I also enjoy the fact that they didn't explain it, and that it's left up to the viewer to decide/wonder what really happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
            SGU is about a ship on "the other side" of the universe. I would expect that planets and even whole systems would be totally unlike anything we've seen in all of Stargate. Obviously, the budget and storytelling conventions prevent them from going TOO off-the-wall, but this alien is a great example of how they could do things differently.
            Off the wall ouuu this is Chinese. I could not understand - what they remind me of. auuu Chinese
            Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
            SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by techwork View Post
              Off the wall ouuu this is Chinese. I could not understand - what they remind me of. auuu Chinese
              Dude... what?
              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                why not?

I'm still thinking about it and it could have been a lone ascended being
                Yeah I've been thinking about it too; I suppose a loner could've taken it upon themself to visit the seeded gates. Presumably they have the knowledge/ability to power a gate to reach Destiny. Or an unascended Alteran went to Destiny, then ascended on a planet. They'd be pretty bored on their own either way!

So then I thought; maybe there were just those little mini whirlwind things you get in the desert - can't recall the name, but associated with Djinns I believe. Anyhoo, maybe Rush and Scott noticed them, and that's as far as it goes. Scott suffered heatstroke and halucinated the rest.

Not unfeasible at all me thinks.
                Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                  Dude... what?
                  Chinese are the ones who live behind the Great Wall. if .... then this alien ...
                  Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                  SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

The sand alien thing was an easy plot device which, with no explanation or follow up whatsoever, was able to solve the problem of the day. I don't mind that sort of thing happening, christ its happened in nearly every SG ep ever made, but at least explain what it was.
                    sigpic

Comment

Could have been an Ancient. A sand Tornado was used by the Harcesis child to contact SG-1. A question has a risen how could there an Ascended Ancient there. From the Destiny, the original crew.

There are also other indications. Like why was the priest and the cross there. You can chalked it up to a hallucination but the priest guided him to the lime and the cross was planted on the exact deposit? Its been done by Morgana before why not?
                      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

if Scott was encourage by an Ascended being?

When Scott was searching in the desert and slowly geting tired and hopes were running out.
                        An imaginery figure of his adopted father appear ,encourage him then he dig and test the sand in the place of an imaginary Crucifix ,and find the lime.

What if an ascended bing was talking to him ,and using the people of his memories to help him ,encouraging him.

In the past
                        Sam was encourage and help by an imaginary niece "Grace" in episode Grace.
                        MacKay was help by an imagary Sam in "Grace under pressure"

it is not against the rule for an Ascended being to talk to people,Ascended Daniell did that with Jack
                        Far away from milkyway ,may be they can bend some more rule

Maybe they were all affected by head injuries or they imagine the whole thing .But is it possible some one was helping them like an ascended being

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                          if Scott was encourage by an Ascended being?

When Scott was searching in the desert and slowly geting tired and hopes were running out.
                          An imaginery figure of his adopted father appear ,encourage him then he dig and test the sand in the place of an imaginary Crucifix ,and find the lime.

What if an ascended bing was talking to him ,and using the people of his memories to help him ,encouraging him.

In the past
                          Sam was encourage and help by an imaginary niece "Grace" in episode Grace.
                          MacKay was help by an imagary Sam in "Grace under pressure"

Maybe they were all affected by head injuries or they imagine the whole thing .But is it possible some one was helping them like an ascended being
                          It's certainly possible. While talking to Daniel in Atlantis, Morgan Le Fay/Ganos Lal expounded upon the fine line they had to walk in regards to helping others. Helping someone is already considered bad in terms of their directive of non-interference. However, as long as someone doesn't know an ascended being is helping them, that's not so bad. If the ascended being were to reveal himself/herself while helping someone that would be crossing the line. Depending on the level of help that is provided, the Others (I really hate those guys) would step in.

If the dust devil were some kind of ascended being, it didn't reveal itself directly, though from Scott's testing of its reaction, he knew that the dust devil possessed some level of intelligence. I have a feeling that it's a mystery that will either be never revealed, or revealed at a much later time when the consequences of that help may be brought into the forefront.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well we have seen Oma Desala appear as "Mother Nature" in the past. We've also see Shifu appear in the desert from a whirling sand storm.

It's entirely plausible I feel that the ancients have seen the humans get to Destiny and are attempting to help, even if it's ever so slightly.

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                            : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
                              Well we have seen Oma Desala appear as "Mother Nature" in the past. We've also see Shifu appear in the desert from a whirling sand storm.

It's entirely plausible I feel that the ancients have seen the humans get to Destiny and are attempting to help, even if it's ever so slightly.

Maybe the Ancients are finally wanting to acknowledge humanity's help in finally ending the Ori threat? I doubt it considering their near-fanaticism about non-interference, especially with how they were willing to allow Anubis to annihilate all life in the galaxy in SG1's Threads.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                                Maybe the Ancients are finally wanting to acknowledge humanity's help in finally ending the Ori threat? I doubt it considering their near-fanaticism about non-interference, especially with how they were willing to allow Anubis to annihilate all life in the galaxy in SG1's Threads.
                                Or perhaps we're about to be introduced to another Ancient who's willing to walk the line and help us out!

Like I read in another thread, they haven't openly stated themselves as Ancients (if that's indeed what they are) so as far as that line is concerned, they're still safely on the other side of it

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                                : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Working...
                                X