This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    hey here's a question why isnt there a 1:00 minute Opening Credits or a title Card for the Episode?
    shhh, 1 more minute of free episode time

Comment

So since the off world gates have no dhd's, where's the gate recieve power from? Probably some kind of power source built into the stairs under the gate, and theres probably some kind of dialer in case the crew lose their remote. I mean honestly it seems weird that the Kino remote would be the only means of dialing off world gates, plus how did they immediately know the remote could dial the gate? I mean a brief explanation would have been useful, at least to the new viewers.

There's no way that alien ship at the end was Lucian Alliance, from the episodes we saw them in Sg-1, theyre just as thick as the Jaffa, they just used Goa'uld ships. I'm not dismissing a spy onboard the Destiny but that alien ship/probe is most likely SGU's first alien race which we might see in the season finale since the finale is called Incursion so it's probably that alien race coming back to the Destiny?

Kind of sucks about that soldier and scientist going to that other gate address, well at least theyre be alone ;-)

Eli's jokes in this episode were a little annoying, he is the comic relief btw. The planet of the apes quote was dumb, Eli quoting it so badly added to the annoyance. Hopefully they wont use too many jokes like that, I found RDA saying to just go find more water and food to Col Young more amusing. RDA's so what attitude is always classic.

Lt Scott kind of lucked out with the sand thing coming to his rescue or whatever. I was relieved though, it was better than the typical Sheppard scenario from Atlantis where he comes up with clever solutions at the last minute.

I liked this episode, although I thought it was just a little unrealistic how they navigated across that desert so well, I'd think in real life they all would have gotten lost? Good episode. 9/10

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
        Yeah the mom was a b$$ch

"I'll go public if you don't return my daughter blah blah blah..."

She should be shot.
        I actually liked the fact that Chloe's mom is about to tell the world about the stargate. It reassures us that there will be more references to Earth as the series goes on. Who knows, we might see a lot of Earth/Destiny interaction.

I really hope we see a couple 304 battles with the Lucian Alliance. I hate that they start a plot line, like the Lucian Alliance attacking Icarus without finishing up the plot. I know the season finale will have something to do with the Lucian, but still, I want to see Asgard Beam Weapons. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by segaxgames View Post
          I actually liked the fact that Chloe's mom is about to tell the world about the stargate. It reassures us that there will be more references to Earth as the series goes on. Who knows, we might see a lot of Earth/Destiny interaction.

I really hope we see a couple 304 battles with the Lucian Alliance. I hate that they start a plot line, like the Lucian Alliance attacking Icarus without finishing up the plot. I know the season finale will have something to do with the Lucian, but still, I want to see Asgard Beam Weapons. lol.
          I love how the Lucian are even trying...

When the ships get the Asgard beams they will just wipe them out.

Chloes mom was being irrational and an idiot. That is why I don't like her character. She is also a drinker.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
            So what was Dr.Lee doing in Rushes body, when Rush took over his body?

Also, when Daniel and Vala took over the people in before they meet the Priors, there bodies were not controlled by the village people. They were just empty/coma like on the earth side.
            That was due to the bracelets they were wearing. The stones work both ways.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
              Lucian alliance?

Are you kidding me? It takes the fastest ship known in the series (the fastest ship known... human vessel with ZPM and uber asgard drives) about 50 years to get to the destiny. How the hell are the Lucian alliance way out there with their crappy goauld drives? The Lucian alliance isn't even that powerful.

Alien species makes sense, but the sand thing? What ever dude. That sand thing flying a ship would just be plain retarded.
              So I guess you don't think it's the Furlings either?

Comment

Hmmm definitely the weakest of the three parts however it was very well done and really showed the conflict between the characters very well. It's hard to pull off a search on a desert world but they did it. Loved the Earth scenes loved the certain death everyone was feeling definitely a great start to the series and a good way to end the three parter. Oh and I wonder what that thing was at the end. Definitely much better than I ever could have hoped. SGU is shaping up nicely.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Taken as a whole, Parts 1-3 of "Air" were really good IMO. This one may have been a bit slow, but it was vital IMO. We learned more about Scott, got some great character interactions on the desert planet, etc. Not to mention that little bit at the end of the episode. Hopefully we learn soon what that was all about.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The episode was good. Not as good as I and II, but it was still good. I liked Tamara sedating Telford based over moral issues. It shows she has a great heart. I definitely liked that of her. The ending was nice, I enjoyed that.

The 'Armstrong reunion' scene was nice too. Overall, the episode was great, but I do agree it was the weakest. Next weeks episode looks awesome.

By the way, something a bit off topic and all, but was I the only one who didn't see the episode title like they normally throw up for every episode. Hopefully I am wrong with that...

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      hey here's a question why isnt there a 1:00 minute Opening Credits or a title Card for the Episode?
                      There isn't one. It's just a 5 second SG:U title.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Rush annoyed me in this episode. He's the one that get everyone into this mess, he needs to suck it up. His whining got on my nerves.

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents

Air Part 3 was a lot of different then the other two parts of Air. But that raises the question was it a good change or was it mistake. This episode felt more like the SG1/SGA form of storytelling where a team goes through the gate, looks for something. Granted its own dark feel and was defiantly different then what we are use. But more of that later. Watching the whole pilot it seems like TPTB are trying to find a middle ground but the lightness which made franchise what it is today while also making the story deep and thought provoking. Overall I say it was a little less quality then Air I/II but was still an enjoyable part of television. But enough of summaries, the two of you who actually read this review probably want an in-depth analysis

Lets start with the process of how Dr. Rush determines if the planet has what he needs to fix the life support system. It is so refreshing to see them using actual science this time. So far their has been no extensive amount of technobabble which to me is a lot of times the downfall of science fiction. Regarding the desert it seemed like no much happened except them walking around. After awhile it seemed to get boring. The only thing that kept me going was Scott. I'll admit last week I thought he was mediocre at best. While this week to me he stole the show. I love reading a good mystery. It what entertains me. So watching Scott deal with the mystery of those mirages was very entertaining to me. Not as entertaining as what they would mean but we will get to that later

But a highlight for me was when Scott pushed Rush into the sand. It was quite humorous. But does anyone feel sorry for Eli? First Scott strings him along that he is important when he isn't. And then the splited team he is with just abandons. It’s sad that know one takes him seriously. He also comes off as kind of naive. I mean the other scientist and soldiers have a reason not trust. The reason they are near death is because of Rush. Yet despite of all of this Eli still manages to trust Rush about the need to find the mineral.

Speaking of the scientist lets talk about the interaction between Rush and Greer as they were approaching the gate because Rush is a coward. Yes Lahela you heard me. Rush is a coward. He is the reason that all of this happened in the first place. And yet he whines to Scott (kind of like McKay) about how much pain he is in. But maybe I am too harsh. After all if Rush wasn't a wimp and a coward then we wouldn't have gotten that great Rush and Greer scene. It wasn't funny like the time Scott got into a fight with Rush but it does paint a picture of what kind of person Greer is. Despite being imprisoned for whatever reason Greer isn't a bad person. He is just a person who doesn't like to be bossed around and probably gives into his impulses too much more specifically anger. The way he argued with Rush and then fought him tells me Greer just doesn't have a knack for people telling him what to do. Don't get me wrong. That is a major flaw for a character but it shows a lot of room for growth as well. I can't believe he shot that guy. That is something past Stargate would never have done. I guess it’s refreshing to see a change and a darker feel.

Switching gears its time review the LRC and the use of it be Chloe and Col. Young. The Young and Telford switch was totally pointless. It served no point other then to give the respective colonels and TJ something to do. Was it really miscarry for Young to report to Jack when the situation hadn't changed since Rush reported in. I think it was just a reason to get Telford over their and ultimately give TJ something. If I overlook that major misgiving I really like what TJ was given. It shows where she stands on the Hippocratic Oath. She was opposed to Telford damaging Young's body and also was willing to commit insubordination to preserve Young's life. Besides that she was pretty much useless

That is not say Chloe was much better. I do respect what TPTB were trying to do here. They were trying to show these characters aren't 2D and have more emotion behind them. But it just felt flat to me. It wasn't a bad angle but at the same time it wasn't a good angle. And to my shallow Chloe thunkers as I re-examine the scene it wasn't Chloe that bothered me, it was her mother. I just didn't like how she was written First we see her ignoring Chloe and reaching for the booze and then we see her ordering a major around to find the Destiny crew home. It just felt bad to me. Does she have no compassion for the thoughts of others? Just off to me.

Moving back to the desert planet and Scott’s quest for the mineral. Will someone take a note? This is where I discovered that Scott is going to be a good character. I love that he has some kind of religious background. I love see Stargate trying to tackle him being Catholic. And what is even nicer is so far of how they are portraying the religion angle. Normally you see shows go way overboard with religion on the borderline of preachy. But not this one. I thought Scott religion hallucination was nicely done and very realistic. That people is how a real life religious figurehead acts. The priest is not a person who preaches the moral values to Scott. This priest was a person who listened to Scott and gives his viewpoint. If this is any indicator of how Stargate will approach religion I will be happy. A criticism however is how the mineral magically appeared when Scott woke. A tad convent, don’t you think.

Now we once again switch to another character that I am vastly starting to like I am of course talking about Greer. I am vastly starting to like this character. He can be a badass at times but he also has his caring side. I loved watching him forced Scott along as they ran with the mineral in their. The ending of the race (loved the race music BTW) to the gate had so much drama. With the timer clicking and watching Eli wait as Scott and Greer ran with all their strength really added some tension to me. It was this scene that redeemed Eli to me. He could have jumped through the gate but he risked his own life for those of Greer and Scott. It almost makes up for his annoyance earlier in the show.

And we have the end scene of Chloe and Scott. I can see fandom whining about but I loved it and no I’m not a shipper. Not yet anyway. It showed the caring side of Chloe which is something we technically already know about her from Air I/II. What we didn’t know is just how sympatric and how much Scott can relate. I really feel what this person has gone through and despite all his hardships in his life Scott someone seems to be one of the more optimistic person on the Destiny. I was reluctant to like this character but I think this episode sold him on me.

So in conclusion while Air III is the weakest of the pilot it retains the best of both worlds if you will. It has the exploration of Stargate that we have come to know and love while getting that character drama and interaction we have been wanting for years.

PS: Was Ming Na even in this episode?
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Jelgate's Two Cents

Air Part 3 was a lot of different then the other two parts of Air. But that raises the question was it a good change or was it mistake. This episode felt more like the SG1/SGA form of storytelling where a team goes through the gate, looks for something. Granted its own dark feel and was defiantly different then what we are use. But more of that later. Watching the whole pilot it seems like TPTB are trying to find a middle ground but the lightness which made franchise what it is today while also making the story deep and thought provoking. Overall I say it was a little less quality then Air I/II but was still an enjoyable part of television. But enough of summaries, the two of you who actually read this review probably want an in-depth analysis

Lets start with the process of how Dr. Rush determines if the planet has what he needs to fix the life support system. It is so refreshing to see them using actual science this time. So far their has been no extensive amount of technobabble which to me is a lot of times the downfall of science fiction. Regarding the desert it seemed like no much happened except them walking around. After awhile it seemed to get boring. The only thing that kept me going was Scott. I'll admit last week I thought he was mediocre at best. While this week to me he stole the show. I love reading a good mystery. It what entertains me. So watching Scott deal with the mystery of those mirages was very entertaining to me. Not as entertaining as what they would mean but we will get to that later

But a highlight for me was when Scott pushed Rush into the sand. It was quite humorous. But does anyone feel sorry for Eli? First Scott strings him along that he is important when he isn't. And then the splited team he is with just abandons. It’s sad that know one takes him seriously. He also comes off as kind of naive. I mean the other scientist and soldiers have a reason not trust. The reason they are near death is because of Rush. Yet despite of all of this Eli still manages to trust Rush about the need to find the mineral.

Speaking of the scientist lets talk about the interaction between Rush and Greer as they were approaching the gate because Rush is a coward. Yes Lahela you heard me. Rush is a coward. He is the reason that all of this happened in the first place. And yet he whines to Scott (kind of like McKay) about how much pain he is in. But maybe I am too harsh. After all if Rush wasn't a wimp and a coward then we wouldn't have gotten that great Rush and Greer scene. It wasn't funny like the time Scott got into a fight with Rush but it does paint a picture of what kind of person Greer is. Despite being imprisoned for whatever reason Greer isn't a bad person. He is just a person who doesn't like to be bossed around and probably gives into his impulses too much more specifically anger. The way he argued with Rush and then fought him tells me Greer just doesn't have a knack for people telling him what to do. Don't get me wrong. That is a major flaw for a character but it shows a lot of room for growth as well. I can't believe he shot that guy. That is something past Stargate would never have done. I guess it’s refreshing to see a change and a darker feel.

Switching gears its time review the LRC and the use of it be Chloe and Col. Young. The Young and Telford switch was totally pointless. It served no point other then to give the respective colonels and TJ something to do. Was it really miscarry for Young to report to Jack when the situation hadn't changed since Rush reported in. I think it was just a reason to get Telford over their and ultimately give TJ something. If I overlook that major misgiving I really like what TJ was given. It shows where she stands on the Hippocratic Oath. She was opposed to Telford damaging Young's body and also was willing to commit insubordination to preserve Young's life. Besides that she was pretty much useless

That is not say Chloe was much better. I do respect what TPTB were trying to do here. They were trying to show these characters aren't 2D and have more emotion behind them. But it just felt flat to me. It wasn't a bad angle but at the same time it wasn't a good angle. And to my shallow Chloe thunkers as I re-examine the scene it wasn't Chloe that bothered me, it was her mother. I just didn't like how she was written First we see her ignoring Chloe and reaching for the booze and then we see her ordering a major around to find the Destiny crew home. It just felt bad to me. Does she have no compassion for the thoughts of others? Just off to me.

Moving back to the desert planet and Scott’s quest for the mineral. Will someone take a note? This is where I discovered that Scott is going to be a good character. I love that he has some kind of religious background. I love see Stargate trying to tackle him being Catholic. And what is even nicer is so far of how they are portraying the religion angle. Normally you see shows go way overboard with religion on the borderline of preachy. But not this one. I thought Scott religion hallucination was nicely done and very realistic. That people is how a real life religious figurehead acts. The priest is not a person who preaches the moral values to Scott. This priest was a person who listened to Scott and gives his viewpoint. If this is any indicator of how Stargate will approach religion I will be happy. A criticism however is how the mineral magically appeared when Scott woke. A tad convent, don’t you think.

Now we once again switch to another character that I am vastly starting to like I am of course talking about Greer. I am vastly starting to like this character. He can be a badass at times but he also has his caring side. I loved watching him forced Scott along as they ran with the mineral in their. The ending of the race (loved the race music BTW) to the gate had so much drama. With the timer clicking and watching Eli wait as Scott and Greer ran with all their strength really added some tension to me. It was this scene that redeemed Eli to me. He could have jumped through the gate but he risked his own life for those of Greer and Scott. It almost makes up for his annoyance earlier in the show.

And we have the end scene of Chloe and Scott. I can see fandom whining about but I loved it and no I’m not a shipper. Not yet anyway. It showed the caring side of Chloe which is something we technically already know about her from Air I/II. What we didn’t know is just how sympatric and how much Scott can relate. I really feel what this person has gone through and despite all his hardships in his life Scott someone seems to be one of the more optimistic person on the Destiny. I was reluctant to like this character but I think this episode sold him on me.

So in conclusion while Air III is the weakest of the pilot it retains the best of both worlds if you will. It has the exploration of Stargate that we have come to know and love while getting that character drama and interaction we have been wanting for years.

PS: Was Ming Na even in this episode?
                            I'm amazed at how people write these posts so quickly. They are so long.

I bet this is longer than my essay I Wrote for my college english class.

Comment

Originally posted by Squires View Post
                              Rush annoyed me in this episode. He's the one that get everyone into this mess, he needs to suck it up. His whining got on my nerves.
                              Get used to it. I think that is pretty much going to be what Rush is like.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I loved this ep - liked it much better than the first two parts. Here we are starting to see a bit more dimension in the characters, and I gotta say, I really liked Greer. Well...maybe I really liked Greer because he kicked whinyarse Rush's behind! That was a great scene, and I also loved the way he motivated Scott to get up and walk. Very satisfying episode. I liked the mystery of the sand creature, and didn't need it explained. I think my only complaint is the transportation stone thingys...I would much rather prefer the crew to be totally cut off from earth.

Yeah - this ep has me a bit more optimistic now.

das
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X