X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Almost 100% sure. The writers are legally forbidden from reading fanfic
    Got a link to something that says that?

i don't understand 'why' it was hurting young's body?
    You have internal injries and a broken leg. The more you move, the more you aggrivate those injuries..

And risk himself getting dehydrated?
    Beig military, Greer has had a hell of a lot more training in desert survival than rush. Therefore he is less likely to dehydrate.

if the shuttle worked, if someone could have flew it, and if the planets were within range, wouldn't the issue be the shuttle's power? if it has it, cool, if not, then it doesn't.
    Big thing there, is how would they know where to go, whether anyone could fly it AND whether it would take longer than 6 hrs to get there.. Why 6. Cause they had to get back as well.

That's assuming, of course, that Rush was honest about the ship locking those planets out and not him doing it.
    Valid point..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Got a link to something that says that?
      JM has said it on his blog countless times
      Last edited by jelgate; 11 October 2009, 04:17 PM.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDuh View Post
        And too much emotional hysterics from strangers that I couldn't care less about (you have to earn that right guys)
        What right do they have to earn?
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

the man is obsessed with the destiny and the ancients.
          that's because he is an ancient, but doesn't know it.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            that's because he is an ancient, but doesn't know it.
            Ah...he Ascended with the rest and then got kicked out and his memories removed.....
            If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
            Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Beig military, Greer has had a hell of a lot more training in desert survival than rush. Therefore he is less likely to dehydrate.
              He's more capable of withstanding the weakness and over all effects of dehydration on the body because of his training, but he still dehydrates like everyone else.
              sigpic

Comment

greer could likely handle it better simply because he knew what it was, knew what the symptoms were and wasn't freaked out or scared by it, like others might be.

if or when he started to hallucinate, he knew what it was.

It's kind of like a woman, giving birth for the first time, might be freaked out by what she's feeling, but by the second or third pregnancy, she has a better idea of what feeling is 'ok' and what feelings are 'bad'
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  It's kind of like a woman, giving birth for the first time, might be freaked out by what she's feeling, but by the second or third pregnancy, she has a better idea of what feeling is 'ok' and what feelings are 'bad'

Ow.
                  sigpic

Comment

People think they would react differently or "better" in the same situation are lying to themselves a bit. Thrown into an unknown situation where military law is apparently present people tend to resist.

Also, chole losing her father was a situation that any person would be horrified. Actually she whined alot less and handled the situation very well. Her mother is faced with losing a husband and a child. Anger is obvious since the military was clearly incompetent with handling the situation. As Rush said, "little boys playing soldiers".

Comment

SGU survivor count 85
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
                        Anger is obvious since the military was clearly incompetent with handling the situation.
                        I say they've handled it about as well as can be expected

As Rush said, "little boys playing soldiers".
                        Rush was being a jerk But he was also talking to a civilian gussied up in military wear
                        If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                          Rush was being a jerk But he was also talking to a civilian gussied up in military wear
                          Wasn't he talking to Greer when he said that?
                          sigpic

Comment

The_Asgard_live and Vapor just get a room. It's like listening to 5 yo's bickering. The show so far has been great. Back to the feel of SG1. You don't know what to expect and everything is possible. Pity we have to wait 1 week behind you guys in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                              Wasn't he talking to Greer when he said that?
                              Eli, I thought..wait, that wouldn't make sense...because Eli was with the other group. My bad. He was talking mostly to Scott, which I think is a dig at Scott's age/experience. (Rush has already been snide about that with Scott). Greer, as a MSgt is more seasoned and that would make Rush's remark not just snide but pretty senseless

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                                I say they've handled it about as well as can be expected

Not really:
                                1) The based was badly defended against 3 mother ships.
                                2) Even the interaction between the military and civilians especially a senator made me feel very little sympathy for the troops there. They lacked manners for people who are supposed to be professionals.
                                3) Why isn't the IOA investigating the matter? breach of security, and all.

1) He was being a bit of a jerk.
                                2) It encompasses most of the SG universe where without thinking actions were taken.
                                3) It was a jab made at Scott i think.

Comment

Working...
                                X