Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Dr. Rush a "Bad guy" what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also agree, Rush dedicates a lot of time to Destiny while the others content with waiting, complaining. Eli is a genius of mathematical but he is immature.
    sigpic
    by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Eli needs a good mentor, and I'm not sure Rush is patient enough for the task.
      sigpic

Comment

Good... Nah.
        Bad... Nah.
        Neutral... Yeah.

He just seems to be one of the guys who's only purpose is to work on Destiny; his actions may be up for interpretation but then again, there is the whole perception thing and the characters aren't helping much in that matter.
        Back from the grave.

Comment

Agreed. But he does soften around the edges a bit. Rush seems a lot more human in the second season.
          sigpic

Comment

I think if I were on destiny I would be closest to Eli and Rush. But I'd have my eyes on Lt James 8-D
            SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
              Agreed. But he does soften around the edges a bit. Rush seems a lot more human in the second season.
              He showed some emotions in the first season, too. In 1x16 to Mandy - unfortunately just TJ noticed it. I wonder how the others would think of him if they saw him with Mandy
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
                He showed some emotions in the first season, too. In 1x16 to Mandy - unfortunately just TJ noticed it. I wonder how the others would think of him if they saw him with Mandy
                They would have seen that he is not so horrible as that, that it is a man as the others, just more tortured and that if Mandy, so soft and kind woman, likes Rush it is for a good reason and as he thus gains to be better understood, better known.
                sigpic
                by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Duval View Post
                  They would have seen that he is not so horrible as that, that it is a man as the others, just more tortured and that if Mandy, so soft and kind woman, likes Rush it is for a good reason and as he thus gains to be better understood, better known.
                  Maybe even the bad relationship between him and Young would have gone better and the others aboard wouldn't blame him anymore for what happened.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duval View Post
                    Although, I thought that people on Destiny did notice that he and Mandy were friends, and probably did think that he can't be as hard as he seemed. I recall the part where they come into the mess hall and Mandy tries the bitter food, or when they go to have a drink, I think people noticed he was happier.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                      I would never say bad. In my eyes he is a man driven, willing to be devious when needed. Also remember that a fine line exists between genius and insanity. He is brilliant, but more than willing to push the envelope to get where he wants to be.
                      He does have the ability to see to the heart of things, assessing the needs of many against a few. He may be coldly calculating, but he's calculating for the greater good as well, and ultimately, Young recognized that as an asset, however heartless it may be.

Comment

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
                        He does have the ability to see to the heart of things, assessing the needs of many against a few. He may be coldly calculating, but he's calculating for the greater good as well, and ultimately, Young recognized that as an asset, however heartless it may be.
                        Yes, and the thing is, someone had to be that way, otherwise they would have been in worse trouble a number of times.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                          Yes, and the thing is, someone had to be that way, otherwise they would have been in worse trouble a number of times.
                          Correct. Without Rush, those people would never get anywhere onboard Destiny; even with Eli.
                          Back from the grave.

Comment

no
                            sigpic
                            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                              Correct. Without Rush, those people would never get anywhere onboard Destiny; even with Eli.
                              Yeah, Eli was sure "out to lunch" there for a long while! I kept yelling at him, "You're on a spaceship! Wake Up!" I felt Rush's pain dealing with him. He finally got with it in the end though.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
                                I don't think Rush is a "Bad Guy". I think he just doesnt want anyone get to close to him and than loose them like he lost Amanda and Gloria.
                                I like Rush - despite his sometimes strange behaviour
                                I was thinking the exact same thing because I totally understand his ambivalence towards people. When I was 3 I had a baby brother 2 years younger than me that was born with a heart problem because my mom's husband at the time was an abusive alcoholic and pushed her on the floor really hard when she was pregnant. He also burned my neck with a cigarette because I was crying about something and he was drunk and wanted me to shut up. Although Frankie (my brother) was in the hospital more than he was out while he lived, I got used to the routine and assumed he was always going to come home eventually. He died 2 days before his first birthday. To say I didn't take this news well would be the understatement of a lifetime. The only reason I am providing so much detail is because after that, I went mute. I didn't talk for two years. If anyone tried to talk to me, I'd put my fingers in my ears and walk away. It's why I cannot remember anything of my life before the time I was 4 years old. A tragedy like this can really mess a person up for life. Because of this, I have a really hard time allowing people to get too close to me (emotionally). So I immediately understood what was driving Rush. I also think that's why he's so obsessed with ascension. He's looking for immortality.
                                Read My Auto-die-ography here. That is my blog. That is all you need to know.
                                http://autumnnoxx.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X