Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Dr. Rush a "Bad guy" what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

totaly Crazy Uncle!
    sigpic
    Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
    "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
    Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
    Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
    etc.....

Comment

Oh deffo the crazy uncle..

I think to start with he thought it was HIS destiny to be on the ship and the rest were just there because they came with him, I think later on he changed that to they were all there for a reason...

Comment

I never liked myself and if I was Colonel Young I would have killed him right on that planet where they found the crashed ship in season 1 and I would not lose 1 bit of sleep over it. As a man like Rush cant be trusted as far as you could throw him.

Comment

I think that Rush is someone voucher at the bottom(in fact), if it countered cold or bad it is just by clumsiness or simply because it is not a sociable person and showing its feelings. After all, contrary to Young, he never has to try to kill whoever, certainly, he uses people, but to a certain extent, Young also (at least is this my opinion(notice)). Rush moreover, is capable of recognizing the potential at people, especially Eli, and of urging them to surpass itself (not always friendly certainly). In any case, I estimate(appreciate) him a lot, it is an interesting and very human character, what what makes him so imperfect, so charming (more in any case, than a lieutenant quite smooth scot or another quite smooth chloé also, this say, I have nothing against the fans of these two young people ^^)...
          sigpic
          by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Rush is the most interesting character in the SG franchise and I'd argue in sci-fi tv in general, with NuBSG Starbuck a close second. Good and evil are labels that don't apply to him. He's a pragmatist.
            sigpic

Comment

I would never say bad. In my eyes he is a man driven, willing to be devious when needed. Also remember that a fine line exists between genius and insanity. He is brilliant, but more than willing to push the envelope to get where he wants to be.

Comment

Yeah, and he's pretty good at reading people and judging reactions before they happen too.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't think Rush is a "Bad Guy". I think he just doesnt want anyone get to close to him and than loose them like he lost Amanda and Gloria.
                  I like Rush - despite his sometimes strange behaviour
                  sigpic

Comment

And one not to say that Rush is bad, because, it is capable of love also, real love (not I am not romantic, not I dream not in secret that he likes(loves) I in brief). It is also a sensitive person, I have to notice that it is the one that we most see crying Oo
                    I said that he does not show his feelings, but in fact, he does not show them to whoever it is everything. It is a whole man, one can nutcase can be but seen that he in lived in his life, me does not say that that justifies its sometimes strange behavior and bad, but it can explain.
                    sigpic
                    by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

No, he was just obsessed and sometimes more rational than the rest of the crew.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                        No, he was just obsessed and sometimes more rational than the rest of the crew.
                        And the other people on board didn't like him.
                        sigpic

Comment

Other persons on board are stupid > <
                          Rush is not understood ;_;
                          sigpic
                          by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Smart, driven people rarely are. But I think he'd do better if he made the effort to understand others.
                            sigpic

Comment

From what I can understand of the plot and the mission, Rush is the single most important character in SGU. SGU would have failed without him. Yes Eli is brilliant, but without Rush to ask the right questions, Eli's relative brilliance would still be wasting away in some virtual world.

Great people always remember the great teachers that sparked them into their genius.
                              SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Yeah, exactly. They'd be lost without Rush and his understanding of Destiny. Nobody else knows even a fraction of what he does.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X