No announcement yet.

Lt. Vanessa James/Julia Benson Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after watching the 1.5 DVD exclusive KINOsodes James better get a better deal in season 2. She's got a dreary rainy cloud of sadness hovering over her the likes I've not seen since the one that was over Cyclops in the X-Men movies. I mean giver her one day where things go well for her. Though the way things currently are for her if she gets a boyfriend he'll be horribly killed by something that was her fault.

Between her and Riley getting his head injured every single moment he's on screen I'm wondering how many ladders they've walked under or how many black cats they've been exposed to.
    sigpic
    Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
      It's been a while since I've paged through a character thread. So very many screenshots...
      Anyway, Lt. James needs a lot more screen time, but not with Scott. Anybody else think she would get better character development in the SG1/SGA format?
      Doubtful, main characters didn't get that much development let alone secondary ones.

Comment

She needs a lot more character development. I hate that she was just mainly portrayed as "that chick with the epic tits" in season 1.
        Last edited by Billz; 17 August 2010, 12:32 AM.
        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Was she portrayed that way though? Or is that just the way certain people chose to see her?

Comment

She is still not over Lt. Scott who acts like nothing ever happened between them destroying any chance of closure for her. She has to deal with an obsession to constantly try to earn Col. Young's approval. She has to deal with being stuck on Destiny and unable to be with her family except with the stones, which she says makes things worse. Honestly she has a lot more character issues than some of the main cast. She definitely has enough characterization to not be 'the girl with big breasts'.

I honestly think some people are just looking at her and assuming she's just on Destiny as 'Miss Male Fanservice' and ignoring any of her characterization. You can't judge a character by looks, simply because someone has great physical features doesn't mean that's the only reason their character exists.
            sigpic
            Doci of the BAG

Comment

what about a deeper friendship with a female character? she seems rather lonely on Destiny. maybe not with Chloe (Matt may still be an issue). what about TJ?

ps. where is James sitting/laying in in this picture? strange furniture
              Grimm returns October 24
              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                what about a deeper friendship with a female character? she seems rather lonely on Destiny. maybe not with Chloe (Matt may still be an issue). what about TJ?

http://www.rtl2.de/images/artikelbil...lge11bis15.jpg

ps. where is James sitting/laying in in this picture? strange furniture
                I hope not.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                  I hope not.
                  Yeah I don't think she has any ill will towards Chloe. Everytime they've interacted she has always been kind or worried about her.
                  sigpic
                  Doci of the BAG

Comment

I hope not.
                    Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                    Yeah I don't think she has any ill will towards Chloe. Everytime they've interacted she has always been kind or worried about her.
                    However, do you remember her allucinations in 'Pain' - they were Matt-related. and when she was asked what was her issue, she did not reply but looked at Chloe.
                    Grimm returns October 24
                    sigpic

Comment

However, do you remember her allucinations in 'Pain' - they were Matt-related. and when she was asked what was her issue, she did not reply but looked at Chloe.
                      Well she still has feelings for Matt yes, hopefully she finally gets over him in S2. And in Pain, would you want to say in front of Chloe that you were having hallucinatory sex with her boyfriend and then murdering him? That would be rather awkward for their friendship. Also I'm not even sure if Chloe even knows that James and Scott were an item.
                      sigpic
                      Doci of the BAG

Comment

Well she still has feelings for Matt yes, hopefully she finally gets over him in S2. And in Pain, would you want to say in front of Chloe that you were having hallucinatory sex with her boyfriend and then murdering him? That would be rather awkward for their friendship. Also I'm not even sure if Chloe even knows that James and Scott were an item.
                        Yeah, admit it, it would not have been a good move to tell Chloe , but do you really think Chloe has no idea about Scott and James?

Grimm returns October 24
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, admit it, it would not have been a good move to tell Chloe , but do you really think Chloe has no idea about Scott and James?
                          She hasn't really shown any signs of knowing about them. She has never shown any concern about Scott's old ex still being in contact with him every day, unless Chloe has no jealousy issues, which I doubt she should have mentioned something about that if she knew. She's never been uncomfortable around James the same way James was uncomfortable around her early on. And since the whole Scott/James thing was supposed to be kept quiet it's doubtful someone would have told her. Either Scott would tell her, or James would. And both of them probably won't tell Chloe.

Scott won't either because he never felt he and James were an item to begin with, or because telling your new girlfiend that his your old girlfriend is living 2 rooms down probably would cause some relationship issues.

And James most likely won't tell Chloe because it should be Scott's responsibility and if he hasn't she won't overstep him. And she probably doesn't want to make it complicated between her and Chloe since they've been getting closer towards the end of the season.
                          sigpic
                          Doci of the BAG

Comment

She hasn't really shown any signs of knowing about them. She has never shown any concern about Scott's old ex still being in contact with him every day, unless Chloe has no jealousy issues, which I doubt she should have mentioned something about that if she knew. She's never been uncomfortable around James the same way James was uncomfortable around her early on. And since the whole Scott/James thing was supposed to be kept quiet it's doubtful someone would have told her. Either Scott would tell her, or James would. And both of them probably won't tell Chloe.

Scott won't either because he never felt he and James were an item to begin with, or because telling your new girlfiend that his your old girlfriend is living 2 rooms down probably would cause some relationship issues.

And James most likely won't tell Chloe because it should be Scott's responsibility and if he hasn't she won't overstep him. And she probably doesn't want to make it complicated between her and Chloe since they've been getting closer towards the end of the season.
                            Great analysis.

Chloe seemed to be a little jealous in Earth. Almost choked her best friend to death
                            sigpic

Comment

Great analysis.

Chloe seemed to be a little jealous in Earth. Almost choked her best friend to death
                              Yeah I forgot all about that in Earth. If Chloe would do that then I'm pretty sure she would have made sure to mark her territory around Scott every time James walked by. Though I am interested to see Chloe finally find out and see what happens, I'm guessing it will be very bad for Scott.
                              sigpic
                              Doci of the BAG

Comment

They seemed to get on well enough in Sabotage.

Comment

Working...
                                X