MSgt. Ronald Greer Discussion/Jamil Walker/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
    I think using the tags would be fine for a couple of days after the episode, but that's just me.
    Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
    Maybe we could use tags till this weekend? And I think the first half of the season is coming out on DVD.
    Sounds like a plan....do the tags til the weekend!
    Originally posted by jelgate
    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Wray need to apologize the Greer for blaming him
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
        Yeah she does. And not only did she blame him and take him off the off-world list, but she also took the other marines off, which was probably a huge reason Greer went to her in the first place. I think it's his responsibility to look after them. I wonder what Wray has against him, it's hard to believe that it's only whatever happened with Telford.

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
          Yeah I agree! And I loved the stand off between the two of them!! Great stuff!!

Comment

Yeah she does. And not only did she blame him and take him off the off-world list, but she also took the other marines off, which was probably a huge reason Greer went to her in the first place. I think it's his responsibility to look after them. I wonder what Wray has against him, it's hard to believe that it's only whatever happened with Telford.
            I would like to know the answer of that too. Its taking TPTB much too long to answer these questions regarding Greer. Perhaps they expected the audience to not care as much at first.

Comment

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
              I would like to know the answer of that too. Its taking TPTB much too long to answer these questions regarding Greer. Perhaps they expected the audience to not care as much at first.
              Hi ASIB!! Well Greer is a background player or second string....so they will get to it when they feasibly can. Maybe it will be address in some of the Kino vids...... I'm not totally caught up with them.....so IDK.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
                Hi ASIB!! Well Greer is a background player or second string....so they will get to it when they feasibly can. Maybe it will be address in some of the Kino vids...... I'm not totally caught up with them.....so IDK.
                He's actually not second string, he's supposed to be primary string; however, so far on this show, only Young, Eli, Chloe, Scott, and now Wray have gotten actual development. 10 episodes in, with 9 primary characters that's pretty annoying/pathetic. Squirrely, you know I'm not annoying with you right? I quoted you because I was answering you, I'm just upset that the most balanced, most endearing character is so often in the background.

Comment

He's actually not second string, he's supposed to be primary string; however, so far on this show, only Young, Eli, Chloe, Scott, and now Wray have gotten actual development. 10 episodes in, with 9 primary characters that's pretty annoying/pathetic. Squirrely, you know I'm not annoying with you right? I quoted you because I was answering you, I'm just upset that the most balanced, most endearing character is so often in the background.
                  No you aren't annoying me at all. No problem. Well it is technically an ensemble cast and it is tough to put your finger on who is who really....all you can do is decide by like you said screen time....however I think it is in their contract when they sign on....how many eps they will be in and that is how they are paid. So it had to sort of be laid out in the beginning so it wouldn't matter if Jamil did such a great job with Greer and the fans just adore him and want more....they are sort of already locked into how much more screen time he can get.....so yeah it is annoying but part of the business.

Comment

No you aren't annoying me at all. No problem. Well it is technically an ensemble cast and it is tough to put your finger on who is who really....all you can do is decide by like you said screen time....however I think it is in their contract when they sign on....how many eps they will be in and that is how they are paid. So it had to sort of be laid out in the beginning so it wouldn't matter if Jamil did such a great job with Greer and the fans just adore him and want more....they are sort of already locked into how much more screen time he can get.....so yeah it is annoying but part of the business.
                    Maybe, but I think Ming was a secondary character (like James, or Riley) but they were so blown away by her performance that she became one of the 9 main cast, and they decided after they filmed the first few episodes. And since Greer was always one of the 9, I think he'd have been in the majority of the episodes. But I didn't mean screen-time in terms of episode number, I mean it in terms of amount of time in each episode. Personally, I think his time has been increasing, at least it felt like we saw a lot more of him in "Justice" than we did in "Dark." Well, maybe in season 2...hehe...

Comment

Maybe, but I think Ming was a secondary character (like James, or Riley) but they were so blown away by her performance that she became one of the 9 main cast, and they decided after they filmed the first few episodes. And since Greer was always one of the 9, I think he'd have been in the majority of the episodes. But I didn't mean screen-time in terms of episode number, I mean it in terms of amount of time in each episode. Personally, I think his time has been increasing, at least it felt like we saw a lot more of him in "Justice" than we did in "Dark." Well, maybe in season 2...hehe...
                      true....but I think too it depends on the story that has been laid out as well. I think Greer has gotten alot of screen time. I'm happy with it....for there to be so many characters on this show....It think he has been lucky.....I mean I think in many cases Chloe's screen time has diminshed a bit....while Greer's has picked up...and maybe that was due to the fact that they were impressed with his performance....but then the story may have called for that too....so you don't know.

Comment

true....but I think too it depends on the story that has been laid out as well. I think Greer has gotten alot of screen time. I'm happy with it....for there to be so many characters on this show....It think he has been lucky.....I mean I think in many cases Chloe's screen time has diminshed a bit....while Greer's has picked up...and maybe that was due to the fact that they were impressed with his performance....but then the story may have called for that too....so you don't know.
                        We don't know, but we do know that they did modify stories and screentime based on one actor's performance. There's no reason they wouldn't do that in general. And I took a class last year in which television writers visited each week, and explained their procedures. Nearly every writer of a serialized, character driven show explained that they almost always would modify a story, or a character, depending upon an actor's portrayal. I also read somewhere (maybe in this thread) that Greer was originally supposed to be an older, white character, but they were blown away with Jamil's performance that they modified his character. Same goes for TJ, who was originally supposed to be an Asian woman with a different last name. So based on their track record, it would make sense...LOL.

Comment

We don't know, but we do know that they did modify stories and screentime based on one actor's performance. There's no reason they wouldn't do that in general. And I took a class last year in which television writers visited each week, and explained their procedures. Nearly every writer of a serialized, character driven show explained that they almost always would modify a story, or a character, depending upon an actor's portrayal. I also read somewhere (maybe in this thread) that Greer was originally supposed to be an older, white character, but they were blown away with Jamil's performance that they modified his character. Same goes for TJ, who was originally supposed to be an Asian woman with a different last name. So based on their track record, it would make sense...LOL.
                          OH I agree you are right....they usually keep the stories living and breathing so they can change it as necessary....I was just saying the main concepts are pretty set in stone....and How you get there is what can be put in flux and that is where they have their leeway. This happened alot on BSG ....where Ron Moore sort of allowed the stories to unfold based on how the characters were living out their characters. So there is no doubt this could have changed some for Greer. So we will have to wait and see for the rest of the season how that may have happened.

Comment

What has been your favorite Greer moment so far??

Comment

What has been your favorite Greer moment so far??
                              I loved the desert stuff early on.....but now I'm thinking it is the sweet potato...bluff!!

Comment

I loved the desert stuff early on.....but now I'm thinking it is the sweet potato...bluff!!
                                He was awesome with the "sweet" potato...

Comment

Working...
                                X