MSgt. Ronald Greer Discussion/Jamil Walker/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
    I thought Rush was *way* out of line in the way he treated Scott. I didn't think Greer's reaction was appropriate but...I admit I smiled when he did it
    And I laughed when Rush got up and said, "How dare you", then Scott interrupted and Greer just ignored Rush and went over to Scott...

That was funny hehehe

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
    : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
      And I laughed when Rush got up and said, "How dare you", then Scott interrupted and Greer just ignored Rush and went over to Scott...

That was funny hehehe
      Agreed, Rush's indignation, and Greer's indifference, was, at least to me,very funny
      If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
      Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by jcainhaze View Post
        I'm thinking maybe prior to dialing destiny/base attack that Greer and Rush had problems. Greer seemed pretty quick to point that gun at Rush. Maybe he was in the brig for pimp slapping Rush. That would be great, but who knows.
        When they were walking back to the gate (Rush and Greer), Rush states, "I've read your file".

That whole scene to me was like, Rush didn't quite know him, just knew of him from Icarus.

I don't know, but for me, I don't think Rush and Greer have had much to do with each other so far. But I certainly could be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
          And even after all of that my favorite moment was when he gave the gun to Eli.
          "I have a gun" - Eli

ABSOLUTELY p***ed myself when he said that! lol

Comment

Love him or hate him...lotta traffic for once character already
            If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)

Comment

"I have a gun" - Eli

ABSOLUTELY p***ed myself when he said that! lol

Kinda difficult to imagine that a hard-core gamer wouldn't know how to use it though. FPS's are pretty accurate in there weapons modeling and usage. Play Counterstrike enough and you are practically proficient in all small arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
                Kinda difficult to imagine that a hard-core gamer wouldn't know how to use it though. FPS's are pretty accurate in there weapons modeling and usage. Play Counterstrike enough and you are practically proficient in all small arms.
                Point and shoot is easy..loading and chambering is a new story. I last shot for M-16 qualifying (Air Force) about 15 years ago and I play FPSers but if I picked up a handgun today, I would not know how to be sure a round was chambered, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                  "Right now I pray to the God above that dehydration will shut you the hell up! Walk...or die here! It's your choice, Mister...Decision-maker. <chuckles>"

He is a total bad*ass. God, I loved those lines.
                  I loved how he delivered the "Mr. Decision maker" line...awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
                    I tend to agree. Eli would have played a few FPS'es! Plus I also agree that they definitely give you a good sense of usage, firing rates, reload times, accuracy, etc.

Comment

I loved how he delivered the "Mr. Decision maker" line...awesome!

I'm hoping that Greer delivers at least one of those kinds of lines per show, the same way Riley needs to quip something sarcastic at least once per show.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping that Greer delivers at least one of those kinds of lines per show, the same way Riley needs to quip something sarcastic at least once per show.
                        Eh! Don't get me started about Riley...looks like the brother from Fraiser!

Greer certainly can hold his own, which is why I like him. Obedience is his only real flaw I see.

Keep Greer alive!!!!!!! He's worth it!

Comment

Eh! Don't get me started about Riley...looks like the brother from Fraiser!

Greer certainly can hold his own, which is why I like him. Obedience is his only real flaw I see.

Keep Greer alive!!!!!!! He's worth it!

Definitely. Though I liked Teal'c and Ronon, they were too quiet and too focused. Greer's explosiveness is unpredictable, like a solar flare. You know it's coming but you're not sure how intense it's going to be or what shape and direction.

As for Riley, come on. He's got the cool deadpan sarcasm thing down pat. He and Volker are going to create some interesting laughs as the season goes along. Greer will generate cheers and laughs for me too. Kicking Rush was more satisfying than when Chloe went all hysterics and started pummeling Rush.
                          sigpic

Comment

Greer will generate cheers and laughs for me too. Kicking Rush was more satisfying than when Chloe went all hysterics and started pummeling Rush.
                            Me too. Rush crying about water then getting kicked in the back cracked me up. That might be my favorite scene from the show thus far. I think the Rush/Greer dynamic will be a great part of the show. I'm hoping some of the other character relationships will develope into equally interesting "stuff". Couldn't think of a better word. It already looks like Eli is going to tie nicely into the Rush/Greer "stuff", but I hope he connects with others. Right out of the box I can't think of any other character interaction that really jumps out and grabs my attention and makes me forget I'm watching a show that isn't real. Not really feeling the Scott/Chloe thing at all.

Comment

Greer is awesome!! I really like his character. I hope he doesn't fall into the background.

Comment

Jamil gives his take on the character in the fourth video down on this site - very interesting stuff
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X