Sgt. Hunter Riley Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    Hilarious! I'm glad Riley is going to be around for a while. I get a feeling that TPTB wouldn't make a point to mention his birthday at least twice with the intention of just killing him off. That would definitely piss me off.
    well just as long as he doesnt start showing pics of kid/wife/dog - thats a shure fire way of buying the farm
    ----------------------------
    You will never get to heaven with an Ak 47... But A Zu 30 is good for Low Flying Cherubim

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
      NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! He's listed for most of the season. I hope he doesn't go the way of Grodin...
      Don't talk about Grodin! Saddest character death next to Janet and Jacob in the entire franchise for me =/ I loved him.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        Don't talk about Grodin! Saddest character death next to Janet and Jacob in the entire franchise for me =/ I loved him.
        I liked him too. I always hoped he'd be a better-developed Walter and then they friggin killed him! So I hope Riley doesn't follow suit...

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          What about poor beckett, i thought that was pretty sad.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
            What about poor beckett, i thought that was pretty sad.
            That was cheapen by a cliche
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              That was cheapen by a cliche
              Perhaps, i suppose it wasn't that sad an exit, it was just the characters' exit that i was most saddened by.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
                I wonder if he was born in October, would explain his wishy-washy nature!

Librans rule, we just rule equally and harmoniously
                If the show is operating on "real time" in a manner of speaking, Riley would have been born between October 2nd through the 4th in 1979.

Interesting that you mentioned air signs, especially since the show premiered in October and the premiere was entitled Air. COINCIDENCE?! *cues dramatic music*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                  If the show is operating on "real time" in a manner of speaking, Riley would have been born between October 2nd through the 4th in 1979.

Interesting that you mentioned air signs, especially since the show premiered in October and the premiere was entitled Air. COINCIDENCE?! *cues dramatic music*
                  *Inserts dramatic music: Dum dum daahhh!!!!*

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                  : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaholic View Post
                    I know this is a bit off topic, but im curious as to his rank... Im active duty military and this caught my eye in particular: Everyone calls him Sergeant (E-5), but he has Senior airman stripes on his collar (E-4)...

I know that in the 80's-90's USAF E-4's were called buck sergeants, maybe SGU has gone back to this practice...

Are there any AD/Prior Service/Military Buffs who could help me out on this one?

-Adren
                    I've been wondering this too. I got out about 2 years ago and from what I understand, having an E-4 NCO rank (buck Sgts) was discontinued in the AF around 1991. The AF is the only service not to have an E-4 NCO rank.

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                    The modern Air Force has no "Buck Sergeant" anymore, so this does not follow reality. I think TPTB dropped the ball on this one, and also having everyone call Greer "Sergeant" even though the Marines never shorten ranks.
                    Well, everyone for the most part calling him Sergeant are AF who don't know better.

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                    That's because there are three airmen ranks and the rest are sergeants of some sort. But yes, it's an error. An E4 (Riley's insignia) is called a senior airman.
                    There's 4 Airman ranks:

E-1 Airman Basic (no stripes)
                    E-2 Airman (1 stripe)
                    E-3 Airman 1st Class (2 stripes)
                    E-4 Senior Airman (3 stripes)

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
                      *Inserts dramatic music: Dum dum daahhh!!!!*

Riley's a cylon!

Comment

Riley's a cylon!
                        In a subsequent episode, after the cylon revelation, Riley meets Eli in his quarters. In a hushed and serious tone, he says: "Eli, I have something to tell you. I'm not really a cylon. I'm a woman."

Riley then bolts out into the hallway and comes back...une femme.

Later on in the episode, he comes back to Eli again and says. "Eli, I'm not really a woman, I'm a horse."

Riley then spontaneously morphs into a horse, complete with an equine snort.

Eli is obviously shocked and virtually speechless.

Riley then says, "Eli, this time the truth. I'm a broom." Good old Hunter dons his final transformation and then plops to the floor with a thud.

Eli looks incredulously at the broom and says, "Frankly Hunter, I am supwised."

sigpic

Comment

Riley's a cylon!
                          Riley is Papa Smurf! Just wait for it, you'll see!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                          : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Hmm, Riley's got a very cool birthday thread on Light. Maybe that should be merged with this thread?
                            sigpic

Comment

If they don't keep Riley then I will be rather........ how to put this in a professional way....cheesed off?
                              Tst

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                                If they don't keep Riley then I will be rather........ how to put this in a professional way....cheesed off?
                                Oh I mentioned that I'd be seriously pissed off if they killed off Riley a couple of times already in other threads. He's definitely a keeper and far too interesting to eliminate.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X