Sgt. Hunter Riley Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by renboy View Post
    Ewww.. not the one that single handedly made me stop watching Heroes...
    I'm guessing the SG one is called Syler?
    Yep, that's him. But I hope Riley won't be the target of silly pratfalls, like Syler was. Sarcasm and deadpan is perfect for him.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
      Yep, that's him. But I hope Riley won't be the target of silly pratfalls, like Syler was. Sarcasm and deadpan is perfect for him.
      I think Eli will probably get his share of silly pratfalls after a while. I can picture Eli and Scott having a little brother/big brother dynamic.

For Riley, I can see him consistently butting heads with Rush (especially with Rush's comments about his understanding of Ancient) and some of the other scientists, like Franklin and Volker.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't know if this has been mentioned but i wonder if anyone else except me has noticed that Sergeant riley appears to have the rank pin of a Senior Airman and the USAF dosen't even have the Sergeant rank....

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Swede View Post
          I don't know if this has been mentioned but i wonder if anyone else except me has noticed that Sergeant riley appears to have the rank pin of a Senior Airman and the USAF dosen't even have the Sergeant rank....
          Yes they do. Their are multiplr sergeant ranks
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

All I know is that the guy is great with the sarcasm. Hopefully he sticks around, he's the perfect recurring character.

Comment

yea he should be the one telling the jokes and not eli
              sigpic

Comment

I know this is a bit off topic, but im curious as to his rank... Im active duty military and this caught my eye in particular: Everyone calls him Sergeant (E-5), but he has Senior airman stripes on his collar (E-4)...

I know that in the 80's-90's USAF E-4's were called buck sergeants, maybe SGU has gone back to this practice...

Are there any AD/Prior Service/Military Buffs who could help me out on this one?

-Adren

Comment

I like Riley. I actually haven't found a character on the show I don't like but Riley in particular is very amusing. I hope he stays on the show for a long time, preferably until it ends.
                  sigpic
                  Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by TraK View Post
                    Do you think Sgt. Riley will be the new gate tech guy for SGU, i.e. Walter/Chuck?
                    I reckon this Riley guy is a pretty likable guy, and i could used to him. What do you guy think of his character?
                    He just looks like a Gate Tech. dunno why though

Comment

I like him, i think he will be in it a bit more than walter or chuck were, i know they were always around in the background but i mean that he will star more in the episodes, although that could be said of most people in this series.
                      sigpic

Comment

He's growing on me. The first couple of episodes he worried me as a loose cannon but after seeing him in the scene with the colonel, he's a man with some sense of honor and duty. He's like the human version of Teal'c and Ronan.

Comment

Originally posted by Obi1 View Post
                          He's growing on me. The first couple of episodes he worried me as a loose cannon but after seeing him in the scene with the colonel, he's a man with some sense of honor and duty. He's like the human version of Teal'c and Ronan.
                          I think you mean Greer not Riley.
                          sigpic

Comment

oh duh.

I'm a noobican.

Oh, the skinny guy who left the kino behind. Gotcha. I don't have an opinion yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Obi1 View Post
                              oh duh.

I'm a noobican.

Oh, the skinny guy who left the kino behind. Gotcha. I don't have an opinion yet.
                              Shame on you for not having an opinion, it was his birthday - surely he deserves and opinion for his birthday.
                              sigpic

Comment

Lol... I thought it was appropriate since this seemed like a pretty crappy 30th bday! lol Happy Birthday Riley!

(Change note: I changed the title as omnipedia might have a misprint on Riley's ranking ominpedia says senior airman but as noted by specter I think I heard sergeant also.)
                                Last edited by zorviny; 24 October 2009, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X