X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Yes go on, give it your best shot

Yes good quality material

Just finished watching......Um......*runs off to check name of ep*.........Oh Sabotage. Wasn't really that keen on this ep for some reason *shrugs*
    Spoiler:
    Does anyone else think Eli,Scott and Chloe got back to the ship far too easily? The ep before they were all doom and gloom at not being able to get back then the next ep they come waltzing through the gate. Did we get an explanation on what happened? On how they managed to get a connection?
    Yeh if you go into the episode threads for this episode, you will find that many had the same feeling. Felt that it was cheapened, the way they got back.
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
      Yeh if you go into the episode threads for this episode, you will find that many had the same feeling. Felt that it was cheapened, the way they got back.
      I agree. It was very, 'Is that it?'

Comment

Really? So it wasn't just me then

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
        I agree. It was very, 'Is that it?'
        Yeah I expected something.....More.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
          Yeah. The sabotage stopped destinys FTL drive and they picked up destinys signal.
          I thought it was established that once they left that particular galaxy the signal would be lost forever. Yeah I really should stop thinking about these things so much (don't say a word MacGyver )

LOL!

But I knew what you meant Linda!
          Well I'm glad not everyone in here has a dirty mind

Life caps
          Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

I thought it was established that once they left that particular galaxy the signal would be lost forever. Yeah I really should stop thinking about these things so much (don't say a word MacGyver )

Well I'm glad not everyone in here has a dirty mind

Life caps
            Spoiler:

I'm not sayin I don't have the dirty mind.

It's just that this time it didn't go there.
            My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
            "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

They didn't yet leave the galaxy.
              sigpic
              Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

I'm not sayin I don't have the dirty mind.

It's just that this time it didn't go there.
                Ah right, got'cha

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
                They didn't yet leave the galaxy.
                I thought they were between galaxies......So to speak As you can see thinking isn't my strong suit
                sigpic

Comment

You know, I always read this thread and then never post. Huh, I should change that. Especially as SGU will be back soon and we'll get to see more TJ! I love hearing that we'll see more of TJ's back story this season. Can't wait!

So did I tell you guys I started watching SGU again? I started from the beginning. I've caught up with were I finished the last time, "Faith" Do we still need to spoiler season 1 of SGU, I will just in case
                  Spoiler:
                  You know, rewatching the eps again, I actually enjoyed most of them the second time round than I did the first. Go figure Except for "Earth" I don't think any amount of watches will make me like that ep

Anywho, "Faith" Poor TJ, she was so sad I didn't really like Scott before, but I really liked him in this ep with TJ.....In a completely no shippy way of course, how he was ready to stay behind and make sure she was ok. How protective he became of her. Kinda like a Brother. There seems to be this sibling thing developing between TJ and Matt I also liked the TJ/Chloe moment when she told her about the pregnancy, I think a friendship could develop there, if they actually show it on screen and not show everything off screen like they done with SGA

I'm giving it a shot and I really hope it doesn't end up like a disater like Teyla's pregnancy storyline . I really hope they do it justice and do TJ justice.
                  Glad to hear you're giving SGU another shot.

Spoiler:
                  I had the same experience with re-watching SGU. I mean, I liked the show from the beginning, but I found that I enjoyed most episodes even more on a second viewing. I hadn't expected the show to be as re-watchable as it is. I still need to re-watch at least the last half of season 1 before season 2 starts.

It seems like I'm actually one of the few fans that actually likes Scott. But I really loved his interaction with TJ in Faith. So sweet. And yes, I also saw it as a sibling-like relationship. There's nothing romantic there, just a lot of friendship, affection, and mutual respect. I hope we get to see more of that in season 2. I really get tired of shows that neglect to portray platonic friendship between men and women. Hello? It is totally possible for a man and a woman to be just friends. And that's a good thing. So, yeah. It's a major pet peeve of mine, but I think SGU is doing pretty well with it at the moment.

Also liked the TJ and Chloe friendship. If I recall, there's a bit more of that in the second half of season 1. I just can't remember which episode it's in. Yeah, I really need to start re-watching SGU.

I thought they were between galaxies......So to speak As you can see thinking isn't my strong suit
                  IIRC Destiny stopped just barely at the edge of the void between galaxies, and since Scott, Chloe, and Eli were on a planet at the very edge of the galaxy, apparently it was close enough. *shrug*
                  Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                  Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                    You know, I always read this thread and then never post. Huh, I should change that. Especially as SGU will be back soon and we'll get to see more TJ! I love hearing that we'll see more of TJ's back story this season. Can't wait!
                    Well it's about time you posted

Glad to hear you're giving SGU another shot.

Spoiler:
                    I had the same experience with re-watching SGU. I mean, I liked the show from the beginning, but I found that I enjoyed most episodes even more on a second viewing. I hadn't expected the show to be as re-watchable as it is. I still need to re-watch at least the last half of season 1 before season 2 starts.

It seems like I'm actually one of the few fans that actually likes Scott. But I really loved his interaction with TJ in Faith. So sweet. And yes, I also saw it as a sibling-like relationship. There's nothing romantic there, just a lot of friendship, affection, and mutual respect. I hope we get to see more of that in season 2. I really get tired of shows that neglect to portray platonic friendship between men and women. Hello? It is totally possible for a man and a woman to be just friends. And that's a good thing. So, yeah. It's a major pet peeve of mine, but I think SGU is doing pretty well with it at the moment.

Also liked the TJ and Chloe friendship. If I recall, there's a bit more of that in the second half of season 1. I just can't remember which episode it's in. Yeah, I really need to start re-watching SGU.
                    Well it's not that I didn't enjoy SGU. It's just after what happened with Teyla and the whole pregnancy thing, I guess I got scared that the same would happen with TJ I know, it's silly. SGU did start off a little slow for my liking, but after rewatching it from the start I think has been good cause I can appreciate it more. I may have went in with a little bit of trepidation the first time which stopped me in a way of enjoying it the same

Spoiler:
                    I didn't like Scott at first, but the last few eps have redeemed him somewhat in my eyes, especially the way he stood by TJ when she needed someone You know, I hope they develop this friendship further.

Yes I agree, contrary to popular beilef males and females can be friends without it having to turn to romance or sex. Heck my best friend in male

The serious lack of female bonding on Stargate in general has always annoyed me somewhat. I hope this changes on SGU and we see some TJ/Chloe moments, or even TJ/James moments or even TJ/Chloe/James moments

IIRC Destiny stopped just barely at the edge of the void between galaxies, and since Scott, Chloe, and Eli were on a planet at the very edge of the galaxy, apparently it was close enough. *shrug*
                    Oh right, told ya thinking wasn't my strong suit
                    sigpic

Comment

Justice caps
                      Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Watched Sub......I keep wanting to say Submersion Yeah wrong show SubVersion
                        Spoiler:
                        I thought the scene with TJ/Chloe was really sweet See this is what I'm talking about, just little scenes like this to SHOW us that they are becoming friends and spend time together sometimes. I wish we got this on SGA instead of everything important happening off screen I mean you don't need this big almighty half an hour scene to let us see, just a few small scenes here and there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I thought the scene with TJ/Chloe was really sweet See this is what I'm talking about, just little scenes like this to SHOW us that they are becoming friends and spend time together sometimes. I wish we got this on SGA instead of everything important happening off screen I mean you don't need this big almighty half an hour scene to let us see, just a few small scenes here and there.
                          At least you didn't want to say "Submission".

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

A yellow submarine....
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCsYDZ2M04M
                            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Well it's about time you posted
                              He he. Yep, suppose so.

Well it's not that I didn't enjoy SGU. It's just after what happened with Teyla and the whole pregnancy thing, I guess I got scared that the same would happen with TJ I know, it's silly. SGU did start off a little slow for my liking, but after rewatching it from the start I think has been good cause I can appreciate it more. I may have went in with a little bit of trepidation the first time which stopped me in a way of enjoying it the same
                              No, not silly really. It makes sense. Past experience colors how we see things. I can relate, in a way. I'm one of those Stargate viewers who has never really felt any connection with any of the female characters. Based on past experience with the franchise (and the writers) I wasn't really expecting much from the female characters on SGU either. But TJ caught me by surprise because she's just sooo fantastic! Professional, caring, mature. She makes mistakes, and she knows it, but she deals with those mistakes like an adult. And it's just so refreshing and awesome. Plus Alaina's acting rocks.

Spoiler:
                              I didn't like Scott at first, but the last few eps have redeemed him somewhat in my eyes, especially the way he stood by TJ when she needed someone You know, I hope they develop this friendship further.

Yes I agree, contrary to popular beilef males and females can be friends without it having to turn to romance or sex. Heck my best friend in male

The serious lack of female bonding on Stargate in general has always annoyed me somewhat. I hope this changes on SGU and we see some TJ/Chloe moments, or even TJ/James moments or even TJ/Chloe/James moments
                              Spoiler:
                              A definite "yes" to all of this.

I think I liked Scott simply for the novelty of having a character with stated religious beliefs. That's pretty rare on TV, let alone sci-fi, so I was willing to look past a lot of Scott's mistakes in the hopes of seeing some interesting development there. Plus, it's not like he's ever done anything malicious, just acted stupidly a few times.

And yeah. Female bonding would be good too. Though, sometimes I think we've had more female bonding in SGU than in the other two series combined.

Spoiler:
                              Subversion...
                              Spoiler:
                              That was the one with the baby shower scene, right? Yeah, that's the Chloe/TJ friendship moment I was thinking of.

It's funny, but I'm generally against incorporating real-life pregnancies into TV shows. I mean, yeah, we saw how well it worked with Teyla. So I would have expected something as blatant as a baby shower scene in the middle of a sci-fi show to really irritate me. But the way it was done was just really sweet. It was almost more about the crew bonding and learning how to support each other than it was about TJ's baby. It was just a short little scene, not overpowering the episode, but just giving a moment to show how TJ's handling this and how the crew is supporting here.
                              Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                              Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                                At least you didn't want to say "Submission".
                                Aye true

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                                Thanks, now I got that stuck in my head

*starts singing*
                                "We all live in a yellow submarine
                                A yellow submarine
                                A yellow submarine,

We all live in a yellow submarine
                                A yellow submarine
                                A yellow submarine"

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                                No, not silly really. It makes sense. Past experience colors how we see things. I can relate, in a way. I'm one of those Stargate viewers who has never really felt any connection with any of the female characters. Based on past experience with the franchise (and the writers) I wasn't really expecting much from the female characters on SGU either. But TJ caught me by surprise because she's just sooo fantastic! Professional, caring, mature. She makes mistakes, and she knows it, but she deals with those mistakes like an adult. And it's just so refreshing and awesome. Plus Alaina's acting rocks.
                                Well I', glad I gave it another chance cause I'm enjoying it more now than I did the first time. I think that maybe SGA was still to fresh in my head and it clouded my judgment a bit the first time.Teyla is the first character I really truly connected with, and I was so disappointed with how she was treated in the last season. Well pissed is more accurate When I first saw the casting I was a bit meh with it. I didn't know any of them except Louis Ferrara or Justin Louis or whatever he's calling himself these days, I like him, I remembered him from the show "Missing" so I was quite excited with him being there but I went off him for a while after the ep "Earth". I knew Robert Carlyle obviously with me being Scottish an' all But I wasn't really excited about the rest, even the TJ character But I don't know what happened during the show, when we see her more and more in every ep I just started to really take to her for some reason. I can't really explain it *shrugs* Now she is my favourite character. Why do I always seem to like the least used characters the most?

TJ is only a medic and she knows it, but she is confident and she knows her limitations and isn't afraid to stand up for herself. They should have done something like this with Keller on SGA (Jper I know you like Keller and this is in no way meant as bashing in any way ) But SGA did have problems IMO and big one's. With Teyla (who you know is my favourite character) and with Keller among other things. You know, in SGA they were all over the place, one minute Keller was vulnerable and lacing in confidence and the next she was super doctor then she reverted back to vulnerable Keller. It was fine to have her vulnerable to start off with but I wish they developed her properly and show us her becoming more comfortable with the situation she was thrown into instead of having her all over the place. For the time being anyways they seemed to have learned something from their mistakes. Teyla had problems too but of a different nature, with the wraith sensing then no wraith sensing then the wraith sensing. SGU seems to be somewhat more consistent, the now at least. Maybe it has something to do with BW and RCC being in charge now *shrugs* Who knows.

I think a lot of why I like these characters (Teyla and TJ) is not because of the writing but because of the way the actors portray them, I mean let's face it. The writing for Teyla most of the time sucked IMO

Oh dear, I seemed to be babbling...Shutting up now

Spoiler:
                                A definite "yes" to all of this.

I think I liked Scott simply for the novelty of having a character with stated religious beliefs. That's pretty rare on TV, let alone sci-fi, so I was willing to look past a lot of Scott's mistakes in the hopes of seeing some interesting development there. Plus, it's not like he's ever done anything malicious, just acted stupidly a few times.

And yeah. Female bonding would be good too. Though, sometimes I think we've had more female bonding in SGU than in the other two series combined.
                                I'm not religious so I don't much care for this part of the show so I just skim past these parts Yes it's just silly things really but he's young, he'll learn

Yes I think we have had more female bonding in SGU than the previous two shows put together I mean they don't need to have 30 mins of scenes with TJ/Chloe (although I know some who would like that ), a few little snippets added into some eps is all we need to show us ON SCREEN that they spend time together. I hate with a burning passion of a thousand suns everything important happening off screen

Subversion...
                                Spoiler:
                                That was the one with the baby shower scene, right? Yeah, that's the Chloe/TJ friendship moment I was thinking of.

It's funny, but I'm generally against incorporating real-life pregnancies into TV shows. I mean, yeah, we saw how well it worked with Teyla. So I would have expected something as blatant as a baby shower scene in the middle of a sci-fi show to really irritate me. But the way it was done was just really sweet. It was almost more about the crew bonding and learning how to support each other than it was about TJ's baby. It was just a short little scene, not overpowering the episode, but just giving a moment to show how TJ's handling this and how the crew is supporting here.
                                Subversion
                                Spoiler:
                                Yes the baby shower. Well anyone who knows me knows how I feel about kids. I thought I'd hate this, but it was kinda nice (hey that's all your gonna get from me on this subject )

It's nice that Chloe is there for TJ when she needs her, I've never had a kid but I assume they need some female companionship, someone to lean on when going through a pregnancy, especially in the situation TJ finds herself in, being stuck on a ship in another galaxy far away from home.

Teyla's pregnancy was terribly done IMO, I admit I was scared of the same thing happening with Alaina and TJ Which is partly why I stopped watching the first time, but I have a little bit of optimism back (hey that's all I can muster, I'm a devout pessimist after all )
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X