X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
    Talk to me, hun!
    Spoiler:
    It breaks my heart to read this one. I mean, now Young is falling in love with the Combo Rush as well. Will the Combo Rush will want to stay just to be with Young now? What do you think?
    The last couple of chapters of "Force Over Distance" have had me thinking:
    Spoiler:

The combo!Rush made a comment about real Rush being basically all brain damaged and how he wouldn't want to continue like that and how combo!Rush was what should go on (I think in Chapter 38), and it really got my blood boiling. I'm maybe taking this too personally, but there are many situations in which people can loose quite a bit of themselves - a stroke, an accident, a disease like Alzheimers. But they are still the person you love, and the thought of turning away from them to some sort of "better" copy makes me want to just cry.

I realize that we are supposed to feel that combo!Rush, because it is some sort of sentient life form, has the right to exist, too, but I'm sorry, I'm all for it going AWAY and whatever is left of the real Rush gets to live the rest of his life. I just keep thinking about my own great-uncle, who at the very end of his life remembered very little of who he was and who we were. Yet he was still the man who had helped raise me and whom I loved, and no matter what, his life was still precious to me.

It must be good writing if it gets me so emotional, right?

Thanks for listening!
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
      Spoiler:

The combo!Rush made a comment about real Rush being basically all brain damaged and how he wouldn't want to continue like that and how combo!Rush was what should go on (I think in Chapter 38), and it really got my blood boiling. I'm maybe taking this too personally, but there are many situations in which people can loose quite a bit of themselves - a stroke, an accident, a disease like Alzheimers. But they are still the person you love, and the thought of turning away from them to some sort of "better" copy makes me want to just cry.

I realize that we are supposed to feel that combo!Rush, because it is some sort of sentient life form, has the right to exist, too, but I'm sorry, I'm all for it going AWAY and whatever is left of the real Rush gets to live the rest of his life. I just keep thinking about my own great-uncle, who at the very end of his life remembered very little of who he was and who we were. Yet he was still the man who had helped raise me and whom I loved, and no matter what, his life was still precious to me.

Thanks for listening!
      I'm with you kid! I'm finding myself very possessive of
      Spoiler:
      the real Rush. I just can't think he would really want to be an AI if he were truly well and thinking right.

I have to read ch39 tonight, no time today. Just popping in to say hi.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
        Spoiler:

Thanks for listening!
        You're not the only one who breathes this story.
        Spoiler:
        I believe that the Combo Rush was trying to say that the Actual Rush is dying no matter what, and that he's damaged beyond hope. That the Actual Rush can't stand himself and that the Combo Rush was like the Actual Rush before the Anubis device was used on him. Neither the Actual Rush nor the AI knew that the Combo Rush would become sentient and again, Combo didn't come into play until after the interface chair was sat in. Both our genius and the AI are damaged but together, they are stronger. I understand your viewpoint and agree with it totally. But Combo Rush keeps saying he's inevitable, that he is the endpoint of the game, period. But because he's part Rush, he feels also, though Jeri made a lot of good points in her review of FOD about how a hardware could feel. There's so many different perspectives and none of them are invalid. That's what make this so heartbreaking. I want our genius back. But I'm getting the feeling that it's not going to happen unless a miracle can be pulled off where all of them survives. This chapter really brought tears to my eyes and that's a tough thing to do to me (sometimes). It depends on my hormonal cycle LOL! There's so much to think about this chapter!

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
          I'm with you kid! I'm finding myself very possessive of
          Spoiler:
          the real Rush. I just can't think he would really want to be an AI if he were truly well and thinking right.

I have to read ch39 tonight, no time today. Just popping in to say hi.
          Hi! Bye!

Comment

We are all Gods and Goddess here!
            now you're talking! the older I get, the more I identify with Hecate. but...the 'divine spark' is what makes a human a human while alive. at least as far as my belief system goes.
            You can refuse to know something, but you cannot escape the consequences of that refusal.~~ me

Comment

Hello!

Today was my last day of classes. Just 2 finals on Tuesday, 1 on Wednesday, 2 on Friday and then I'm done
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.htm...words&id=14661.

interesting reading, if nothing else
                You can refuse to know something, but you cannot escape the consequences of that refusal.~~ me

Comment

who here helped me with Zig Zag Love?

Comment

Brand spanking new, California Solo

Comment

goddess of dream lust. Me.

Comment

already viewed, always good again

Comment

Originally posted by Czarina View Post
                          http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z412/tsarina3/1323476353229-uploadscreenshot-dot-com.png
                          http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z412/tsarina3/1323476381299-uploadscreenshot-dot-com.png

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z412/tsarina3/MV5BMTY3MDcwMTc2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjUzMDMxNw_V1_SX640_SY431_.jpg
                          already viewed, always good again
                          Thanks so much for this!

*is dead*
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z412/tsarina3/1323476353229-uploadscreenshot-dot-com.png
                            Great photos, my favorite little sleuth!
                            sigpic

Comment

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z412/tsarina3/1323476381299-uploadscreenshot-dot-com.png

You're not alone in that! And he's in a corn field, that can make this little farmer girl crazy!
                              sigpic

Comment

You're not alone in that! And he's in a corn field, that can make this little farmer girl crazy!
                                how does one spell pant pant pant

Comment

Working...
                                X