Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BamBoo View Post
    Do I understand it right? It means if we buy that ticket, we can go to join the event and melt in front of RC???
    Originally posted by yessika View Post
    Yet another reason why I wish I lived in Vancouver *pouts*
    Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
    Pretty much, yes. I'm sure they have a wet/dry shop vac to suck up all the melted fangirls and fanboys there.
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by BamBoo View Post
      FOD new chapter!!
      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6981202/..._over_Distance

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's finally here!!! I am saved! I've already posted a review (and believe me, I've used up all 10,000 characters allowed to be used). I might repost it here, but I suspect that might be too egotistic. What do y'all think so far of it?

I don't know if you guys have seen this fic but I think it is a good one
      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5733712/1/Redemption

Gonna start reading that one tonight. Hope it's good. I need to focus on something else other than FOD. It has taken over my life!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
        OH MY GOD!!!! Why can't I live in Vancouver? Why are these events where Bobby is always in Vancouver? Or San Diego? I don't live there damn it!!!! But I wanna see him! And melt in front of him
        If someones goes there please make a photo! Make many many many photos!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Platypus Man was there. Why don't you PM him and ask? It seems like alot of nice celebrities have their picture taken with him.

Comment

Hello all! It has been a long while since I've been over here to GW, and I just spent a while reading this thread, which always cheers me up and makes me smile. I'm looking forward to discussion "Once Upon A Time" with you once it airs (here? elsewhere? I would rather hang around here with you all, but if the discussion is going to be mostly elsewhere, I'm join in).

Haven't done my SGU rewatch (have both series now on DVD) yet - not quite ready to, I guess. Like a lot of you, loving "Force Over Distance", what a great fanfic!
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Nice to see you here, carmencatalina! So far nobody mentioned something else so I think we'll discuss OUAT here, would be nice if you join us.
            I haven't rewatched SGU too, but doing the forum SG rewatch helps me a lot to get ready for it.
            sigpic

Comment

Hi carmen!

I haven't been doing the rewatch at all, I'm not ready yet
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Good to see you carmencatalina, I think we did decide this thread is too nice a place and it does say "Robert Carlyle" in the name. Since there is no new Stargate, we have to be creative. Shouldn't be a problem for this group!

I have not rewatched SGU, either, even through I said I might, but it's getting better. The fanfic 'FOD' is a good pacifier for now.

Ok, the mental image of sucking up melted fans in a shop vac,LOL has just given me the fits!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                  Hello all! It has been a long while since I've been over here to GW, and I just spent a while reading this thread, which always cheers me up and makes me smile. I'm looking forward to discussion "Once Upon A Time" with you once it airs (here? elsewhere? I would rather hang around here with you all, but if the discussion is going to be mostly elsewhere, I'm join in).

Welcome back! I see your name alot on LJ. It makes sense to discuss anything with RC in it here. Can't wait to see the show? Hope Hulu will put it on with CC, as I don't have cable.

Comment

hey, sacredclay! how ya holdin' up? If you haven't read it yet, are you gonna make it? I've got to wait until later and read it in bed when I can get some peace and quiet.

I have this idea about the story that I wanted to share, but I will wait until I read this chapter and discuss it tomorrow.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                      hey, sacredclay! how ya holdin' up? If you haven't read it yet, are you gonna make it? I've got to wait until later and read it in bed when I can get some peace and quiet.

I have this idea about the story that I wanted to share, but I will wait until I read this chapter and discuss it tomorrow.
                      I am saved. I have reread it 22 million times already and I am saved. It's like a religious experience here. We'll call it the House of FOD. All members are welcome, especially the nutcases. I can't wait to hear about your idea!!! Now I'm going to obsess about you for a change. CWR also just posted another one shot story. Look on her page and you'll see it. It's very late and I've been reading so many different fanfictions on LJ about SGU. My eyes are bleary. Why can't real life take care of itself????? Sorry, it's very late. I need to dream about Rush and Young. Rush and Young. Young and Rush. Sounds like a "Tango and Cash" movie. Sigh.

Comment

Okay, I can't wait until tomorrow,
                        Spoiler:
                        About how possessive Destiny has become of Rush, I had this idea back when Rush first found the master code and unlocked the bridge, that because he was the first person to successfully access the interface (by sitting in the chair) Destiny set the master code to Rush's DNA. It makes sense to me because how could the Ancients set a code to be used so far in the future at an undetermined time. Way too many variables. Logically they would think of a way to insure regardless of how time laid out that some Ancient or human could access and fulfill the mission.

Then in the scene just before Rush goes to the bridge for the first time, we see him have a terrible nightmare and wake. Perhaps this triggered the information that was placed in his mind by the neural interface, the code itself, and we see him just enter a code that gives access to the bridge. I theorized that all the data that we saw streaming into Nick's mind during 'Human' had to plant many bits of info, if not immediately available, would gradually come to his consciousness and be useful.

So I think the use of the chair was by design meant to have Destiny and the user merge into a single consciousness and perhaps the AI is a 'monitor' of sorts and meant to help the living person exist in this artificial world. The use of another individual is also imperative, the Ancients knowing that a machine cannot fully understand or anticipate the needs of a human. Whether or not one is supposed to be completely taken over was an unknown variable of such a program. Of coarse Destiny herself would see the addition of a human mind very desirable, and would endeavor to keep this resource it sees as an insurance to it's survival and the mission's fulfillment.

Where this leaves our boy Nick, is probably in a bad situation for his human existence. And I think Col. Young knows this all too well. Maybe the reason a second person is necessary to insure the survival of the primary individual.

So what do you think of my take on Destiny's motivations?
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning to you all!
                          I think I should read FOD too, when I see you're talking about it, but I have not much time at the moment, and reading at the computer when I'm already tired makes me more tired. So I have to wait for better times

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                            Good morning to you all!
                            I think I should read FOD too, when I see you're talking about it, but I have not much time at the moment, and reading at the computer when I'm already tired makes me more tired. So I have to wait for better times

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/a...h45m02s252.jpg
                            Cairistiona, go read it right now! You will NOT regret it!!!! It's really like watching the continuation of the SGU series. It's a balm for our open wounds of the show being cancelled. It's that frakking good!!! Resistance is fultile!

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                              Okay, I can't wait until tomorrow,
                              Spoiler:
                              About how possessive Destiny has become of Rush, I had this idea back when Rush first found the master code and unlocked the bridge, that because he was the first person to successfully access the interface (by sitting in the chair) Destiny set the master code to Rush's DNA. It makes sense to me because how could the Ancients set a code to be used so far in the future at an undetermined time. Way too many variables. Logically they would think of a way to insure regardless of how time laid out that some Ancient or human could access and fulfill the mission.

Then in the scene just before Rush goes to the bridge for the first time, we see him have a terrible nightmare and wake. Perhaps this triggered the information that was placed in his mind by the neural interface, the code itself, and we see him just enter a code that gives access to the bridge. I theorized that all the data that we saw streaming into Nick's mind during 'Human' had to plant many bits of info, if not immediately available, would gradually come to his consciousness and be useful.

So I think the use of the chair was by design meant to have Destiny and the user merge into a single consciousness and perhaps the AI is a 'monitor' of sorts and meant to help the living person exist in this artificial world. The use of another individual is also imperative, the Ancients knowing that a machine cannot fully understand or anticipate the needs of a human. Whether or not one is supposed to be completely taken over was an unknown variable of such a program. Of coarse Destiny herself would see the addition of a human mind very desirable, and would endeavor to keep this resource it sees as an insurance to it's survival and the mission's fulfillment.

Where this leaves our boy Nick, is probably in a bad situation for his human existence. And I think Col. Young knows this all too well. Maybe the reason a second person is necessary to insure the survival of the primary individual.

So what do you think of my take on Destiny's motivations?
                              I really like your take on it, I had never thought of it that way.

I confess I haven't read FOD yet, but I do have it bookmarked
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

WEEKEND!!!! YEAHH!!!!

I promise you guys, and the end of this school year I'll be a High performance athlete! I gotta run to the bus station every day because otherwise I would miss it and afterwards I have to run to the train station or I would miss this too! Today I barely made it! My lungs burned and my legs too. I don't know if I can handle this every damn school day

But now it's weekend! Thank god

He's happy about the weekend too
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X