No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me loving pictures. Lovely start to my morning.
    sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Egle01 and kansaikimono: nice pics thanks!

Time ago I ordered a DVD but did not receive it because it was out of stock. I had even forgotten to have placed that order. Today I had it finally in my mailbox: it is "Angela's Ashes" with Robert Carlyle Look forward to watch it .... Just wanted to share
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
          […]
          I got the impression he was more bothered by the residual effects of his capture. He thinks he's very strong (and he is), but the affect of the aliens' torture took a greater personal toil on him than he realized. The tick played on his greatest fear and it was a fear beyond his control -- or rather a fear he felt he should have been able to control. He experiences self-doubt and that troubles him. I don't think he's quite at a point where he allows guilt to touch his conscience, except where Gloria is concerned.
          I don't think, you're wrong, with the realisation, that he was more affected by the time he was captured by the aliens, than he thought he might be, and that he loose completely control over his actions, and injured Wray, and nearly some other people is surely a more serious result of this time, but why do you think he's at that time not able to feel guilt? He's shown feelings before, like in the scene with Chloe, after her father dies, or when Franklin got injured in the chair (the look in his face shows, that he was not happy about what happened), or the scene where he take Franklins hands to reach him to sit in the chair again. I don't think that he "played" those feelings to mislead the other people. I think, he's able to feel guilty, the question is, do he want to go in this more serious? That's something else. For me the scenes show more guilt than concern about himself.
          sigpic

Comment

Artemis-Neith and kansaikimono : it might be a mix of several feelings - guilt, fear or helplessness.

there is a scene between Greer and Wray where I had the impression that Greer wanted to apologize to Wray.

however, there has been no scene between Rush and Wray after the ticks were removed. I wonder what Rush would have told her: "I am sorry that I hurt you" or "it was not my fault, it was the tick"

in any case my opinion is that after Human he has 'softened' (a little bit) towards the rest of the crew.

Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
              Artemis-Neith and kansaikimono : it might be a mix of several feelings - guilt, fear or helplessness.

there is a scene between Greer and Wray where I had the impression that Greer wanted to apologize to Wray.

however, there has been no scene between Rush and Wray after the ticks were removed. I wonder what Rush would have told her: "I am sorry that I hurt you" or "it was not my fault, it was the tick"

in any case my opinion is that after Human he has 'softened' (a little bit) towards the rest of the crew.
              Yes, after "Human" he softened, and was able to show it. I think that's a big point for the figure to show feelings. If you're used to show nothing, and everybody think you're the biggest ice-berg in the universe, it is also a comfortable place to be, you get never involved in anything, and especially not in feelings, not your own, not others. I can really think of a mixed cocktail, guilt, helplessness, and frustration, and maybe more. But, and that's my point here, I don't really believe that he don't think for himself, that guilt is something out of question. I don#t think that he would tell, or admit it to somebody else, that's a quite different thing.

I think, you're right with Greer, there was a short moment where I thought Greer would say sorry to Wray, but then it was not possible. I think of a similar scene between Rush, and Wray, after Perry's visit. Rush was about to tell, or to ask her something, when Young came and wanted to talk to both of them. I think, there is a kind of ground, where both are able to trust/work together, even after the events of "Divided", but if something like that happened after this, it happened off screen.

Ok, hmmm, some candy?

sigpic

Comment

I know why I love Carlyle as an actor. He really can show feelings just by his eyes or the expression of his face. Some other actors (not speaking of SGU actors but in general) have always the same expression and sometimes I am wondering why they are being paid for acting ... Even if not much has been said, through RC's acting we have seen the evolution of Rush' character during season 1. Really looking forward to season 2

and yes, I like candies - do you want some too?

Grimm returns October 24
                sigpic

Comment

Thank you, ladies, you help me to endure work again. Beautiful candies!

As for RC's acting, I think there's another aspect of it worth noting: almost all his characters go through really rough times, they often suffer due to their own faults or the situation they're in. Such characters demand outstanding acting skills, and the level of angst just makes them shine out even more prominently.
                  sigpic

This ship was named "Destiny" for a reason (c)

Comment

I know why I love Carlyle as an actor. He really can show feelings just by his eyes or the expression of his face. Some other actors (not speaking of SGU actors but in general) have always the same expression and sometimes I am wondering why they are being paid for acting ... Even if not much has been said, through RC's acting we have seen the evolution of Rush' character during season 1. Really looking forward to season 2

and yes, I like candies - do you want some too?

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/la/...le_1936693.jpg

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/l/s...le_1739953.jpg

http://www.filminglocationsdetective..._stills_14.jpg
                    You're absolutely right about his acting. I also think a lot of actors are simply actors, because they have a beautiful face, and/or a gorgeous body. And that's it. A lot of (American, but not only) shows work with those pretty faces. And very often viewers think that has something to do with acting skills.

I love the last two pictures, the last one is from ""Unce Upon A Time In The Midlands"? I see a pony-tail, do I?

More?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                      You're absolutely right about his acting. I also think a lot of actors are simply actors, because they have a beautiful face, and/or a gorgeous body. And that's it. A lot of (American, but not only) shows work with those pretty faces. And very often viewers think that has something to do with acting skills.

I love the last two pictures, the last one is from ""Unce Upon A Time In The Midlands"? I see a pony-tail, do I?

More?
                      http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/x.../Summer054.jpg
                      Agree!

and yes, last picture is from "Unce Upon a Time In The Midlands" and yes it's a ponytail

thanks for the picture - that one is from 'Summer' suppose.

have to leave for today. these are therefore the last candies for today :

Grimm returns October 24
                      sigpic

Comment

Thunk. Overload.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                          Thunk. Overload.
                          Again.

*slides under the table*
                          sigpic

This ship was named "Destiny" for a reason (c)

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            Thunk. Overload.
                            Sorry wasn't really the intention
                            Grimm returns October 24
                            sigpic

Comment

It's a pleasure to please you Egle01

sigpic

Comment

Sorry wasn't really the intention
                                No need to apologize, I'm loving it.

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                                It's a pleasure to please you Egle01

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/x...112-0280xb.jpg
                                Goofy!RC, aww. Thank you!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X