Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a VHS version on Amazon Uk for sale : Link

( Couldn't find it on DVD for Region 1 or 2.)

If you want to rent Go Now ,lovefilms seem to have it but you'll need to look at the terms and conditions first : www.lovefilm.com/film/Go-Now/153865/

Hope that helps !
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Hey all, my review of last night's Once Upon a Time is @Blogcritics: bit.ly/UMykt6

Reading CWR's Mathematique. She's a terrific writer (not sure I necessarily buy her portrait of Rush 100%, but I love the story) and her take on the Ancient gene thing (that I buy!)

Comment

Originally posted by b_barnett View Post
        Hey all, my review of last night's Once Upon a Time is @Blogcritics: bit.ly/UMykt6

Reading CWR's Mathematique. She's a terrific writer (not sure I necessarily buy her portrait of Rush 100%, but I love the story) and her take on the Ancient gene thing (that I buy!)
        Yes, a great writer and interesting stories, but I agree with you on Rush, I think she's taken the curmudgeon thing a little too far. I follow CWR's stories and hope that she is making a profit from her talent somehow, somewhere. She's so much better than a lot of published authors I have read.
        sigpic

Comment

Is it just me, or is RC looking particularly handsome lately?
          sigpic

Comment

And perhaps a bit pleased with himself?
            sigpic

Comment

I thought in last night's show that they have refined Rumple's look a great deal from when the show started. At first, I thought the character looked down right dirty, like he never washed, with greasy hair and rotten teeth and all. He now looks as if he does take pride in his appearance, his hair was clean and he is wearing much flashier clothes. I wondered if this was because they want the character to evolve in his appearance to accentuate his gaining finesse with the Dark Curse.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                Yes, a great writer and interesting stories, but I agree with you on Rush, I think she's taken the curmudgeon thing a little too far. I follow CWR's stories and hope that she is making a profit from her talent somehow, somewhere. She's so much better than a lot of published authors I have read.
                I love CleanWhiteRoom, she writes so well and I love the way she writes Rush, of course, it really seems wild but it gives even more charm, from my point of view, maybe I'm crazy to like wild men
                sigpic
                by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                  I thought in last night's show that they have refined Rumple's look a great deal from when the show started. At first, I thought the character looked down right dirty, like he never washed, with greasy hair and rotten teeth and all. He now looks as if he does take pride in his appearance, his hair was clean and he is wearing much flashier clothes. I wondered if this was because they want the character to evolve in his appearance to accentuate his gaining finesse with the Dark Curse.
                  In the first season, it was already very good clothes, not always with his leather outfits, ultimately, it is only when he is in jail is not very presentable and also when he gives the ring magical on prince charming, but most of the time, it always seems very clean on him.
                  sigpic
                  by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Duval View Post
                    In the first season, it was already very good clothes, not always with her ??outfits leather éffrayrante, ultimately, it is only when he is in jail is not very presentable and also when he gives ring magical prince charming, but most of the time, it always seems very clean on him.
                    i think it has to do with the timeline. We see Rumple at various stages over the centuries of his likely existence in FTL (still gives me a kick to write that). Last night is early. Perhaps he's just getting accustomed to his wealth and power. He's dressed like a prince--an enchanted elfin knight. His manner, his manner of speech are all elegant in the extreme. Is he trying to impress the young Regina? Entice into his orbit?

Later we see him as the years go on--with Belle, much later in "Skin Deep" he is bitter and callous--even more so. Then after Belle's supposed demise he deteriorates more. We see him in his castle--not in the elegant surroundings, but in a dank dark corner of it (in the library or lab). He looks different. And finally in prison. So I think there is a definite continuum to his appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by beautifulkaos View Post
                      Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum but I was wondering if anyone might know where I could find a watchable version of 'Go Now (1995)'. It's one of Robert's films that I'd really like to see.
                      'Go Now' is super hard to find. Good luck with your search because it is well worth it. I think it's one of his best early roles.

Comment

Yes, Go Now is very good. I bought it about 3 or 4 years ago on video tape, then later found a DVD, so snatched it up. I doubt you will find some of those early films once the supply has been sold. I doubt they will re-release it.

If you find someone has YouTubed a film like that, download when you find it, because often they are not legal and eventually they will be taken off.
                        sigpic

Comment

hi people - just wanna say 'hi' - I am back but still on jetlag, so not really present
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Hi mi_guard! I'm glad you're back, I missed you! I hope you had a nice vacation and are ready for autumn now.
                            sigpic

Comment

With no spoilers at all, I can say that I absolutely loved Mr. Carlyle in this week's episode of Once Upon A Time. Both as Mr. Gold and as Rumple. So glad to see him each week again!

(But of course, still miss my beloved Dr. Rush.)
                              sigpic
                              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                                hi people - just wanna say 'hi' - I am back but still on jetlag, so not really present

Welcome back! I hope you had a nice trip!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X