Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NancyP View Post
    Happy birthday, Jeri! I hope you got my Facebook message!!!

No, it's not a bad film at all and it's set in Liverpool, my second home!!!)
    Thanks, Nancy! Yes, I saw your message.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
      I think you will like it. It has 3 different parts that are done with different styles of film processing, this makes it easier to understand what part of the story your in. One part is an old film the film maker did while in film school about kids learning to dance. Then there is a part that they used a very cool tone, and then another part of the story done with regular lighting. For someone like me who loves photography, I really enjoyed it. These different tones also complemented the mood of the different parts of the story. The three parts of the story come together very well.
      Great, this should be really interesting to make and to look,
      I like this kind of films that are beautiful both in history and in the picture
      sigpic
      by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

You know, I thought he did quite well with his dancing in this film. Not great, but like most of us do. I'm no great dancer at all, so it's nice in this film that he's just an average guy who learns to dance and have fun. I liked this story and how he resolved grief and moved on.
        I loved Marilyn Hotchkiss. And I thought 51 was fun. I also liked Plunkett & Macleane.
        Last edited by NancyP; 06 June 2012, 05:44 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Yes. If you look at the MGM Stargate site, its there. http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/2785/index.html
          No, I went through that list twice and didn't see it. Saw it's sibling, but not that one.
          Last edited by cavyherd; 06 June 2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BamBoo View Post
            video

after watched it, my question is
            'Is that his house? OMG I'm looking inside his house?'
            'Eek,' indeed. Take a careful look at that staircase. It bears some close examination. I wonder if he built it?

Comment

You know, I thought he did quite well with his dancing in this film. Not great, but like most of us do. I'm no great dancer at all, so it's nice in this film that he's just an average guy who learns to dance and have fun. I liked this story and how he resolved grief and moved on.
              I love this film because not only does Frank Keane save himself, but in the process, he saves everybody else, too. And the way Frank looks at Merridith when he's with her...!

Comment

BTW, for those that enjoyed Hotchiss, and are Alan Rickman fans, go check out Bottle Shock.

Comment

Let's see, you also use post-it notes to cover up the logo of the despicable unmentionable channel. So now you're using them to remember what you're watching? That could be a lot of post-its.
                  I have one to cover the logo and another one with 'Do not open spoiler tags!!!' written on it. But as I use my second monitor for watching series and movies there's one post-it on each monitor so far.
                  I'm afraid my desk is the usual mess so I can't take a photo of the whole arrangement
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone. How are you all? I'm sorry, there was no time to post something here. Just managed to look through the pages sometimes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
                      Hey everyone. How are you all? I'm sorry, there was no time to post something here. Just managed to look through the pages sometimes.
                      Hi Teyla, nice to see you here ^^
                      I'm fine thank you and you ?
                      I hope find a new job soon, I think working in the vineyards
                      sigpic
                      by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by cavyherd View Post
                        'Eek,' indeed. Take a careful look at that staircase. It bears some close examination. I wonder if he built it?
                        if RC has built this staircase?
                        So it would be a very good handyman
                        sigpic
                        by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

BTW, for those that enjoyed Hotchiss, and are Alan Rickman fans, go check out Bottle Shock.
                          Yes, a nice film that gets some recognition here in wine country. It's more or less accurate.
                          sigpic

Comment

No, I went through that list twice and didn't see it. Saw it's sibling, but not that one.
                            Yeah, I forget what the deal was with that photo, but obviously it is from a deleted Twin Destiny scene.
                            sigpic

Comment

Alright myhelix! I see you there. Where did you get those sc pics from?

These: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/6...8ab1bd21f2efeb
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duval View Post
                                Hi Teyla, nice to see you here ^^
                                I'm fine thank you and you ?
                                I hope find a new job soon, I think working in the vineyards
                                I'm okay. I thought you had a job? What happened?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X