Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
    We wrote a Bio test today and I was not prepared at all. None of us was We never thought our teacher would write a test today! But it was kinda funny how she started:
    "how are you guys?"
    "fine - tired - horrible"
    "Well, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna write a test today."
    "What?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Nooooooooooo"
    I had a teacher that liked to call tests "educational extravaganzas". Not really funny when you consider that one of those tests we all failed! That was the test for Adobe certification for Photoshop I think. The hard thing about them is that there are often several ways to do a certain thing, and they want you to know all of them. Most of us will find a way that suits us and forget the rest. So you see how tricky job certification tests can be. Somehow I managed to get an A in that class, not sure how he figured, maybe my extreme effort.
    sigpic

Comment

No I mean, is that a possibility to watch RC movies via internet?
      Is there an equivalent online rental service available in Germany? If they don't have RC movies, you could request them. I think he is more well known in Europe, you would think they have his films.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
        I had a teacher that liked to call tests "educational extravaganzas". Not really funny when you consider that one of those tests we all failed! That was the test for Adobe certification for Photoshop I think. The hard thing about them is that there are often several ways to do a certain thing, and they want you to know all of them. Most of us will find a way that suits us and forget the rest. So you see how tricky job certification tests can be. Somehow I managed to get an A in that class, not sure how he figured, maybe my extreme effort.
        I know what you mean. I have a physics teacher who is exactly like that. Only problem I have a D in his tests

Maybe he liked you very much and gave you an A for that
        sigpic

Comment

Is there an equivalent online rental service available in Germany? If they don't have RC movies, you could request them. I think he is more well known in Europe, you would think they have his films.
          Not that I know
          sigpic

Comment

Guys, given that you are very good shrinks I have another problem: We wrote a physics test last Thursday and I...well, I wasn't really prepared for it. And after the disaster with the big math test I haven't told my parents about this one yet. And if I am lucky and will get a D I won't tell them. I'm kinda afraid what they're gonna say. I really don't wanna tell them. If it's a D it won't be a problem telling them. But an E and a F are far worse
            sigpic

Comment

I know what you mean. I have a physics teacher who is exactly like that. Only problem I have a D in his tests

Maybe he liked you very much and gave you an A for that
              Actually, he based the grades on the work we produced, our photos for each assignment. He threw out the test, because what does that really say about a teacher if all the students fail? Doesn't look good.
              sigpic

Comment

Guys, given that you are very good shrinks I have another problem: We wrote a physics test last Thursday and I...well, I wasn't really prepared for it. And after the disaster with the big math test I haven't told my parents about this one yet. And if I am lucky and will get a D I won't tell them. I'm kinda afraid what they're gonna say. I really don't wanna tell them. If it's a D it won't be a problem telling them. But an E and a F are far worse
                Ouch! That's a hard position for you to be in. It might be better to tell them sooner, so it's not like your hiding things from them. After all, I'm sure they want to help you, but you will have to listen to the "lecture" that you are afraid of. Parents always have the standard lecture they need to give you. But then you can discuss things with them, and maybe they can help in some way. I know how you feel, I was not a great student when I was your age, but later in college I did better. But with studies like physics and math, I have the same problems as you.
                sigpic

Comment

No I mean, is that a possibility to watch RC movies via internet?
                  Nope. Blockbuster doesn't have any of them on streaming anyway. I just have to watch 'em and send them back. Don't you have video rental shoppes in Germany?

Comment

This is about as much math and science as I need

This is from the OUAT Facebook page.
                    sigpic

Comment

This is about as much math and science as I need

This is from the OUAT Facebook page.
                      Yeah. I've seen that. It's awesome

Comment

Ouch! That's a hard position for you to be in. It might be better to tell them sooner, so it's not like your hiding things from them. After all, I'm sure they want to help you, but you will have to listen to the "lecture" that you are afraid of. Parents always have the standard lecture they need to give you. But then you can discuss things with them, and maybe they can help in some way. I know how you feel, I was not a great student when I was your age, but later in college I did better. But with studies like physics and math, I have the same problems as you.
                        That's the problem. We cannot talk! If we try it ends in a heated discussion. Horrible, I tell you. And if it's a D again I maybe tell them - maybe, we'll see. It wouldn't matter if they didn't know about it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bekkamouri View Post
                          Nope. Blockbuster doesn't have any of them on streaming anyway. I just have to watch 'em and send them back. Don't you have video rental shoppes in Germany?
                          I don't think so. Ask Cairi
                          sigpic

Comment

Actually, he based the grades on the work we produced, our photos for each assignment. He threw out the test, because what does that really say about a teacher if all the students fail? Doesn't look good.
                            My last French teacher was very strict and the tests never ended good. They've been the typical ones who got their A's and B's and the ones who got their C's and the ones who got their F's. She often had to go to the principal and tell him but it was know that she was very strict. But it was good this way because now there's no French teacher we can be afraid of. We were afraid of her and we also respected her. She was the strictest and best French teacher we ever had
                            sigpic

Comment

That's the problem. We cannot talk! If we try it ends in a heated discussion. Horrible, I tell you. And if it's a D again I maybe tell them - maybe, we'll see. It wouldn't matter if they didn't know about it.
                              It would be simpler if you said everything, I know that it is not easy to have a quarrel with his parents but it is only a hard time and if you explain calmly they could understand that it is not of your fault.
                              sigpic
                              by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Duval View Post
                                It would be simpler if you said everything, I know that it is not easy to have a quarrel with his parents but it is only a hard time and then if you explain calmly they could understand that it is not of your fault.
                                I don't know yet... I really don't know. I mean, there have just been the disaster with maths and now physics right after that? .....horrible >.<
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X