Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeri View Post
    You're a very generous person. I don't think I would give away my Hamish!
    I would give them the link where they can order it by themselves
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
      Right! The Bobby collection must be protected at all costs!
      sigpic

Comment

Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
        Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

We wouldn't want to get written up for failure to retain an adequate collection.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NancyP View Post
            Are the books worth it? I've been seriously considering reading that series...
            It's not heavy ready. Easy and quick and you do get the sense of Scottish charms. Funny though, Hamish in the book is described as very very tall with shocking red hair. Get the first book and see how that goes down for you. I found mine in a used book store and some on Amazon, but I've decided I'm going to sell them all back to it. There are some books I'd keep forever, but then if I'm not gonna reread it, buh-bye.

Comment

I was thinking about that ep on the drive to town this morning. It's where Hamish says something like "There's a lot of Lachys in them there hills". That is a saying popular in old western films. The "in them there hills" part.

The series is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ovies-tv%2C495
              And they're subtitled in English too! If you have trouble understanding the accents, turn on the subtitles.

Comment

I wanted to share some salad with you all, fresh from my garden. You can see I plant lettuce the easy way, just broadcast the seed, and cut it for baby lettuce and it will regrow several times. I always use a row cover, it keeps the birds from eating it and soiling it.

If you click for larger image you can see the potato plants coming up left over from last year.It seems there's always some tiny potato tubers left behind. Never eat potato leaves, they are poisonous, won't kill you but will make you sick.
                sigpic

Comment

I wanted to share some salad with you all, fresh from my garden. You can see I plant lettuce the easy way, just broadcast the seed, and cut it for baby lettuce and it will regrow several times. I always use a row cover, it keeps the birds from eating it and soiling it.
                  [photos]
                  If you click for larger image you can see the potato plants coming up left over from last year.It seems there's always some tiny potato tubers left behind. Never eat potato leaves, they are poisonous, won't kill you but will make you sick.
                  *om nom nom*
                  Tasty!
                  sigpic

Comment

I am lamenting new new fan fictions lately That is also me being lazy and not writing my own
                    sigpic

Comment

And just because I love you all THIS MUCH...

Emma goes back out to the mines and looks deeper into the clues. Mr. Gold sits in his car, thinking about what Mother Superior said and more painful memories. Emma comes home to find Mary-Margret isn't there. She shows up though and they talk.

http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/vie...170120/605585/

Comment

Originally posted by bekkamouri View Post
                        Just watched 'Carla's Song'. Bobby was awesome in it. It was kinda sad though.
                        ditto I love this film, very sad and emotional and Bobby is soooo cute.

if a bus driver always looks like this, I would take a bus everyday

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                        And in the ep with the pirate radio station it's RC himself who explains to the Englishman how Lachlan is pronounced.
                        remember that one I love how Scot pronoune 'ch'

Last edited by BamBoo; 26 April 2012, 10:16 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                          I had lots of other things to order from amazon, so it was not a big problem. And it was the choice between protecting the collection and promoting a marvelous piece of Bobby's work
                          sigpic

Comment

Now I'm hungry.....
                            Maybe I'll plant some this weekend, I hope it's not going to freeze at nights anymore.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bekkamouri View Post
                              And just because I love you all THIS MUCH...

Emma goes back out to the mines and looks deeper into the clues. Mr. Gold sits in his car, thinking about what Mother Superior said and more painful memories. Emma comes home to find Mary-Margret isn't there. She shows up though and they talk.

http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/vie...170120/605585/
                              Thank you dearie!! I just read them I love it!! Will Gold accept Emmas apology??? Or did she hurt him too badly? Will she ask him about August?? More, dearie, more"!
                              sigpic

Comment

I love the West Side Story!!! It's such a great Musical!! I want to watch it again! It was really, really, really great! They did a great singing and acting and when I heard the songs which were sang in the "West Coast Story" episode of Hamish Macbeth I had to laugh

I loved most the song "Cool" sang by the leader of the Jets. But seriously, Bobby did a better job He should have stand on the stage and sang this sonng *melts-melts-faints-falls-on-the-floor*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X