sigpic
      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
        you mean
        Spoiler:
        Shaun, his friend that dies is Daz in Summer

good question, though
        Yes, that's what I meant. I keep rewatching that movie (Mwuah!) and it's just so frakking good!!! I can't believe that it didn't get the release it deserved!

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
          probs FF or my FB or here in spoiler tags
          You're on FF? What moniker do you use for that one? I want to put an author alert on ya.

Comment

Originally posted by b_barnett View Post
            I can't know for sure, but understand, this is a very small film. It's gotten distribution in the US, and will likely be released this fall, prob. In NY and LA first, and then art houses in major cities after that.

It was weird. The festival I attended was a very small fest in only it's fourth year. There were only about 10 others in the room where it was screened. It closed the festival.

I really loved it, and it was cool seeing rc's name as executive producer on the end credits
            Executive producer? Way cool! What the hell do an executive producer do anyway? Our boy wears a lot of different hats!

Comment

California Solo
              (Waiting impatiently for your reviews)
              (Taps feet)
              (Drums fingers on the table)
              (Glares at you)

Comment

there is a spot open on a GW RPG for Rush
                sigpic
                Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Back from the Chicago Movie and Music Festival and California Solo. I'll be writing a review for publication tomorrow, but I wanted to come on here first thing and talk about it.

Spoiler:
                  RC just completely blew me away. The role of Lachlan is very different than any other character he's played. It's not pretty picture. He's neither charming (not really) nor sexy (and not supposed to be). He plays a has been alcoholic musician, self-absorbed and self-destructive. It's a brilliant performance and he's in virtually every frame. He sings, and that beautiful shot of him playing while he's sitting in the field is the final shot of the film. I really, really liked it--and I'll be happy to answer any questions
                  Can´t wait to hear more about the movie.

I have a few questions: Did the audience like the movie? Is his character in the film dislikeable? Can RC sing? How long is the movie? Any chance Europeans get to the "California Solo" before the apocalypse?
                  sigpic

Comment

I can't know for sure, but understand, this is a very small film. It's gotten distribution in the US, and will likely be released this fall, prob. In NY and LA first, and then art houses in major cities after that.

It was weird. The festival I attended was a very small fest in only it's fourth year. There were only about 10 others in the room where it was screened. It closed the festival.

I really loved it, and it was cool seeing rc's name as executive producer on the end credits
                    I can hope that maybe they would bring it to the Napa Valley Film Festival. It just started last year, but was fairly large, I thought.
                    http://napavalleyfilmfest.org/

I see that Hugh Laurie will be at the Uptown Theater in Napa in May. Maybe I should go.
                    .uptowntheatrenapa.com
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                      there is a spot open on a GW RPG for Rush
                      What is RPG?
                      sigpic

Comment

My review of California Solo:
                        http://blogcritics.org/video/article...o-at-cimmfest/

Comment

Originally posted by bekkamouri View Post
                          I liked that. It was very good ^_^.
                          Thank you, dearie

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                          Great work, thank God I speak German, too. I can´t wait to read more, love especially the ones where Rush get´s hurt and have to be saved. Keep them coming.
                          *blush* thanks I can send you the ff in German if you want?

Ah, someone who likes seeing Rush hurt Well, perhaps this will happen in the story I don't know yet
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much for the review Now I really can't wait for the movie. I hope fall will come fast and the movie will be released on DVD - and hopefully it will be available on Amazon
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                              Can´t wait to hear more about the movie.

I have a few questions: Did the audience like the movie? Is his character in the film dislikeable? Can RC sing? How long is the movie? Any chance Europeans get to the "California Solo" before the apocalypse?
                              Very small audience, but everyone liked it. He's not dis likable, but not sympathetic. You want to give lachlan a huge shake at one point. Yes, he sings. He has a nice voice, it he's supposed to Beverly out of practice when he sings. Reluctant to even pick up the guitar, so his singing reflects that. It's not a performance, it's in his apartment

Comment

Sounds exactly like I thought it was going to be but nice to know he's in every scene. I knew this wasn't going to be an easy film. I hope he gets recognized for it!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X