Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeri View Post
    Funny, I haven't had trouble with gifs on Photobucket.

My mom is heavy into genealogy and history, it's amazing the things you find out.
    I'm very much the same on both sides of my family, Scotch, Irish, English, German, with a Native American thrown in. I'd like to find out more about my Native American great grandfather, but he moved out to California with his German born wife to get away from "problems". We don't know much as he would not speak about it to his family. Grandma figured he really didn't remember because of being raised mostly in "Indian School".
    My dad's grandmother was full blood Iroquois Cherokee...married into the Dalton family? No wait...Flora's parents were the Dalton's...the Dalton Gang Daltons!
    You can refuse to know something, but you cannot escape the consequences of that refusal.~~ me

Comment

OMG! The deaf leading the blind!
      I know! It was really hysterical and I really enjoyed the time with him. I will never date a deaf man. I don't want to get the same aggravations I give to other people.

Comment

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
        Day-yum! That's a good pic of him. You can see Nicholas Rush in that one.
        very rarely do I see his characters cross over. sometimes, for a flash, and then it is gone.
        You can refuse to know something, but you cannot escape the consequences of that refusal.~~ me

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
          I just showed my mom the awesome pics of Mr Gold Czarina posted and do you know what she said?
          "How can you like that man? He is far too thin and too old"
          What can I say? I like older men I looooove Bobby!!!!!
          I'll have to have a chat with your mom. You know, I don't think he's too thin, he just IS thin. Even someone like Bobby is not going to look great every minute of everyday. Sometimes I think if the photographer is much taller than he, the photo comes out looking "down" towards him, a big no-no with taking photos in general. It distorts the subject somewhat, it's better to be at the same level, esp. when taking shots of people.
          I have always liked older men, not that I don't appreciate a young guy, too. Just tell your mom you're planning on marring a rich older man.

BTW, those photos are gorgeous, I meant some photos we've seen.
          sigpic

Comment

I'll have to have a chat with your mom. You know, I don't think he's too thin, he just IS thin. Even someone like Bobby is not going to look great every minute of everyday. Sometimes I think if the photographer is much taller than he, the photo comes out looking "down" towards him, a big no-no with taking photos in general. It distorts the subject somewhat, it's better to be at the same level, esp. when taking shots of people.
            I have always liked older men, not that I don't appreciate a young guy, too. Just tell your mom you're planning on marring a rich older man.
            Good idea
            Yeah, he's just thin and not TOO thin. You're like me I also always liked older men. My favorite actors always were older men.
            Yeah, I think, that this might be her fear. That was, what she said before I got upstairs: "But please don't bring someone home with you, who is 20 years older than you" I answered: "We'll see."
            But a rich one? Gold, dear, where are you??
            sigpic

Comment

Or what happened to me might happen to you... I've always liked older men, and certainly the youngest guys I thunk are at most a few years younger than I am. But my husband is five years younger than I am!

And while I tend to thunk guys who are reasonably muscular without being bulky (Ben Browder), I wouldn't say RC is too thin. Christian Bale was too thin in The Machinist.

That said, while I think that RC's wrinkles suit him and certainly don't make him less attractive, it's sort of hard to believe that he's only a few months over a year older than BB.
              sigpic

Comment

Good idea
                Yeah, he's just thin and not TOO thin. You're like me I also always liked older men. My favorite actors always were older men.
                Yeah, I think, that this might be her fear. That was, what she said before I got upstairs: "But please don't bring someone home with you, who is 20 years older than you" I answered: "We'll see."
                But a rich one? Gold, dear, where are you??
                Parents! What are you going to do with them?!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post

Or what happened to me might happen to you... I've always liked older men, and certainly the youngest guys I thunk are at most a few years younger than I am. But my husband is five years younger than I am!

And while I tend to thunk guys who are reasonably muscular without being bulky (Ben Browder), I wouldn't say RC is too thin. Christian Bale was too thin in The Machinist.
                  It just depends on the whole "package" really, I know several thin guys who do nothing for me. RC has some kind of charisma, it's not only his looks, it's his personality, and his acting talent. If he were a jerk, I wouldn't have noticed him, a jerk couldn't act that well anyway.
                  sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post

That said, while I think that RC's wrinkles suit him and certainly don't make him less attractive, it's sort of hard to believe that he's only a few months over a year older than BB.
                      It's not that I don't like boys at my age but they sometimes behave so silly and I hate that.
                      RC's stature is perfect for him. And for me to love him

Parents! What are you going to do with them?!
                      Well, I guess my mom accepted Bobby by now. But I don't know if she will accept if I pick an older boyfriend - maybe a second Mr Gold? Or I go to Storybrook and get the real Mr Gold? Oh, she would freak out
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Czarina View Post

Ah, he again ( I mean the guy next to RC - he was in Carla's song and in another movie with Bobby)
                        Why the sad smiley?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Czarina View Post

Okay, I'm stumped, what is this from? and why are we sad?

BTW, Dalton gang! Why am I not surprised?!
                          sigpic

Comment

I just showed my mom the awesome pics of Mr Gold Czarina posted and do you know what she said?
                            "How can you like that man? He is far too thin and too old"
                            What can I say? I like older men I looooove Bobby!!!!!
                            Haha I too always loved the older men, really more (after all, Bobby could be my father lol). Even when I was younger, in return towards the future I was in love with the Doc xD

He is not too thin, a good stature, the men too much developed the muscle frighten me, generally bigger and stronger than I that puts me ill-at-ease. Bobby is thin, not very big, he is completed. Furthermore he loosens a presence, a charisma and he is cute, how not to crack ?
                            sigpic
                            by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Duval View Post
                              Haha I too always loved the older men, really more (after all, Bobby could be my father lol). Even when I was younger, in return towards the future I was in love with the Doc xD

He is not too thin, a good stature, the men too much developed the muscle frighten me, generally bigger and stronger than I that puts me ill-at-ease. Bobby is thin, not very big, he is completed. Furthermore he loosens a presence, a charisma and he is cute, how not to crack ?
                              I fully agree with you, dearie!
                              sigpic

Comment

Hope you don't think this too forward... I'm hosting a Live Chat after Desperate Souls airs Sunday night, which is of course a Rumple-centered episode . So, I'd like to invite you lovely folks to join us...
                                http://blogcritics.org/video/article...e-upon-a-time/

Comment

Working...
                                X