No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey girls, had anybody seen "priest"? i´m shocked! i had no idea what it was about! it´s great but i had no idea. rc is realy a good actor.

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
      I need help. Some weeks ago I've read a fanfiction were Chloe was heading to the observation deck and found a man doing a special kind of yoga ( I think it was Tai Chi). She recognized it was Rush and watched him doing it.

I don't know for sure but I think I've read it somewhere on Live Journal but there are many forms of Stargate Universe FF's. Please, can somebody help me find this fanfiction?
      Try this one: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7064836/...d_the_question

Originally posted by warumonochan View Post
      hey girls, had anybody seen "priest"? i´m shocked! i had no idea what it was about! it´s great but i had no idea. rc is realy a good actor.
      That's really a good film. Though I have to admit, I've seen it because RC was in it, but I'd recomment it even without him (wchich is impossible, I know: )
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
        YEAHHH!!!! That's it!!! Thank you sooo much Artemis!!!! *extra-very-big-hug*
        sigpic

Comment

Just here to say hello, I'm so tired and will leave soon.
          sigpic

Comment

He never had a problem with that doing random interviews, or the short videos done by MGM for SGU, why should he start having problems with it in this case?

But as I said, it's guesswork. Take the reason you like most, and go with it!
            Some people find it easier to understand someone if they can see the speaker's face. Without it, some comprehension is lost. I am generalizing, of course. Just suggesting a possible option. I really have no real idea, either.
            --Dallas =^..^=
            "This ship is called Destiny for a reason."
            http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/I_Love_SGU/

Comment

I loved that film, and am considering buying it. It seems that I love watching Bobby make love to anybody. ;-) He's a beautiful and sensitive lover to men and women. <sigh>
              --Dallas =^..^=

Comment

Okay, I have now watched "Jimmy Grimble," the first 10 minutes of "The Beach" and the first 20 minutes of "Being Human" (the only parts that RC is in them). That's three more that I can check off of my list of his career. That leaves a couple of really old, TV only appearances that are not available except as bootleg copies off the TV, and I know where to get one of those, too, although I think she's asking too much for it. (Born Equal = $25 USD).
                --Dallas =^..^=

Comment

Originally posted by MrsTigercat View Post
                  Okay, I have now watched "Jimmy Grimble," the first 10 minutes of "The Beach" and the first 20 minutes of "Being Human" (the only parts that RC is in them). That's three more that I can check off of my list of his career. That leaves a couple of really old, TV only appearances that are not available except as bootleg copies off the TV, and I know where to get one of those, too, although I think she's asking too much for it. (Born Equal = $25 USD).
                  I'm trying to get her to come down on the price a bit. If not, I'm still going to buy it anyway, but it's worth the try. Meanwhile, I've seen a scene on Youtube from "Gunpowder, Treason and Plot" where King James gives a speech to Parliament. I've been told that RC's King is only in a portion of disc 2. If that speech is the majority of his performance (anybody know?) than I could check off that one as well.

So, what I've got left is "Advocates II," "Silent Scream," "Zig Zag Love," "The Unloved," and guest appearances on the TV Series "The Bill," "Taggart," "Screenplay - episode "Safe,"" "99-1." I gave up and shut off "Dead Fish 15 minutes into it. It looked ridiculous beyond my endurance. And I've seen the first 20 minutes of "Jo Jo." I'll go back and finish it later. It's a little difficult to follow the dialog, although I got the gist of what was going on. "The Unloved" hits too close to home and will likely be depressing. I'll rent it some time when I'm in the right mood. It came out on DVD this year.
                  --Dallas =^..^=

Comment

Originally Posted by mi_guard
                    so has anyone been at Madame Tussauds in London to see him?
                    this is what you'll find there: http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/...l/10908442.jpg

Seriously? That's his wax statue? It's perfect! OMG!
                    --Dallas =^..^=

Comment

Originally Posted by mi_guard
                      so has anyone been at Madame Tussauds in London to see him?
                      this is what you'll find there: http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/...l/10908442.jpg

Seriously? That's his wax statue? It's perfect! OMG!
                      Okay, I did a Google search and found the pictures:
                      http://sites.google.com/site/robertc.../miscellaneous
                      --Dallas =^..^=

Comment

I thought "Priest" was excellent. Very well done and the theme
                        Spoiler:
                        of the little girl being molested by her father was a really difficult position for the priest to be in. Stuff like that ought to be reported to the police. It was interesting to see how religion dogma is so unyielding. I loved Tom Wilkinson in it!

Comment

You folks do know about the "Virtual Season 3" of SGU by Laurence Moroney, don't you?
                          http://www.philotic.com/stargate/
                          I highly recommend it.
                          --Dallas =^..^=

Comment

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
                            Ohhh, that was soooo cool! He is such a slithery snake! I've got a question. I know that RC doesn't like to get rid of his accent completely. So is he speaking with one in this case? Is it different when he's Mr. Gold? What kind of accent?
                            Rumpy has very little accent at all but does the little, weazely voice. Mr. Gold has a little bit of a Scottish accent, and walks with a cane and a limp.
                            --Dallas =^..^=

Comment

Hello everyone I'm back, I reorganized my schedule and hours, and it took a bit of getting used to.

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                              I liked it

Katherine, I am impressed that RC can juggle, I never have been any good at that! I got a real big kick out of that! Tell your brother, "I told you so!" HaHa!

Good night all!
                              That is exactly what I told him, HaHa and all.

Originally posted by BamBoo View Post
                              I found a funny sgu fanfic SGU Message Board
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7327144/1/SGU_Message_Board

if you used to read Scribblings it's quite same
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5992017/7/Scribblings

warning: none of them was finished
                              I was reading scribblings for a while, but then I lost the link to it, so it's nice to get the link back. I just read the message board fic, and I would give it a four and a half star rating.

No, I hadn't, thanks bamboo

What the hell!!! Rumpy is not only crazy but so damn creepy!!!! The way he talked to the the EQ! No repect, no fear, nothing! And the fact that even the Queen herself has to go to Rumpelstilskin for answers just show, that he is the one who seems to know everything!
                              Indeed.

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                              no really, it doesn't make much sense!

Mr. Gold? I do not know, I am sure I will hate that character sooner or later
                              My brother and mom already do.

i think i will love him. i like the bad crazy guy. at most if he looks like rc.^^
                              Exactly how I feel about the matter

Lots of mental green Jeri, for the great pix, and your funny comments!
                              Yes, thank you, everyone, for the pictures.

i can not choose. i like the crazy type of rumpy. and the cold kind of mr.gold. i hope they are both in every episode. if it will comes as dvd box i will bye it or must. -^____^-

I kind of like the crazy rumpelstiltskin slightly (Just slightly) better.

Ah, ha! It was you! I may have to go see someone for a special curse! Ha ha, I not very good at evil laughs.
                              I just watched the second ep of OUAT. I think they are spending some "set up" time, but there were 2 great scenes with RC,
                              Spoiler:
                              First you think Rumpy is really evil, then later, as Mr. Gold you start to remember that Rumpy is known as a trickster. So I sat up and got real interested then. The last scene with RC as Gold was great. He sounded a lot like himself accent wise.
                              The scene in which he
                              Spoiler:
                              tlaked with the Eveil Queen in her orchard?

I know, I watched it about four times over.

Have you seen elaiel's new story?
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7512209/1/Chalk
                              I don't understand. I read it, but I couldn't really make sense of it.
                              Spoiler:
                              Who was the little boy? Was he real, or was Rush hallucinating? And if he was hallucinating, how could Eli see the writing on the walls? Did Rush write on the walls himself?

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
                              I am, my dear children, am one happy mommy! Found out on Hulu that they captioned both eppies of OUAT and I was up all night watching it and painting.
                              Spoiler:
                              My God!!!! LP and RC are FABULOUS!!!!!! I even played the volume loud so I can hear his accent and it's sooooo sexy! I am hooked now. But there's something that I'm really noticing. RC is incredibly thin! I've looked at his pictures from over 10 years ago and he's much more filled out. One of you mentioned that he had stomach problems. I do hope he's OK. I knew he wore double shirts in SGU and sometimes body suits, but this is really thin.
                              My Mom made that observation as well, and I do hope he isn't sick

First FanFiction with Rumpy/Gold in it!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7516808/1/Peace
                              I read it, but I think I'm going to have to reread. I didn't really get it this first time around.

I watched The Beach, (Cause I got mom on my side because it had Leonrado DiCaprio in it, and her vote makes all the difference ).but was kind of disappointed that
                              Spoiler:
                              he died so soon in the movie.

Now that I think I am mostly caught up, I'm off to bed, because I'm getting up at 5:00 whether I stay up late or not, and with daylight savings time coming up, I'm going to start really regretting staying up late. So, good night girls, I'll see you all in the morning
                              Ecommerce Templates and Design

Comment

Yes, it's really good one. At the end though, I wasn't sure if the priest was going to carry on with his affair or not. But I think so.

I loved that film, and am considering buying it. It seems that I love watching Bobby make love to anybody. ;-) He's a beautiful and sensitive lover to men and women. <sigh>
                                He really is something.

I watched Born Equal on the YT which I hate, the quality stinks. It's really gritty reality, and of coarse RC is excellent and heartbreaking in it. It has Colin Firth, too. I'd like to find a good copy of it sometime.

I'm trying to get her to come down on the price a bit. If not, I'm still going to buy it anyway, but it's worth the try. Meanwhile, I've seen a scene on Youtube from "Gunpowder, Treason and Plot" where King James gives a speech to Parliament. I've been told that RC's King is only in a portion of disc 2. If that speech is the majority of his performance (anybody know?) than I could check off that one as well.

So, what I've got left is "Advocates II," "Silent Scream," "Zig Zag Love," "The Unloved," and guest appearances on the TV Series "The Bill," "Taggart," "Screenplay - episode "Safe,"" "99-1." I gave up and shut off "Dead Fish 15 minutes into it. It looked ridiculous beyond my endurance. And I've seen the first 20 minutes of "Jo Jo." I'll go back and finish it later. It's a little difficult to follow the dialog, although I got the gist of what was going on. "The Unloved" hits too close to home and will likely be depressing. I'll rent it some time when I'm in the right mood. It came out on DVD this year.
                                In Gunpowder, the film is in 2 parts, one is with RC as King James and how he got to be King, and the second part is all about his mother Mary Queen of Scots, which RC is not in. There's a lot more to it than the speech part and I thought it was very good. I found the second part well worth watching, it puts the history all together. I would recommend buying it, especially if you find history interesting as I do.
                                I have the Unloved and RC's part is small and tragic. The story is from the child's POV and is even more heartbreakingly tragic. I would skip it if the reality of the failings of parents and foster care bother you. RC's part is small, so you aren't missing too much. It's really sad, especially considering that director Samantha Morton experienced similar things in her childhood. RC likes to support social interests, of coarse with his background. It makes me think than his childhood was probably far worse than most of us could imagine, although he was lucky in that he did have a dad who cared about him. He has stated that these types of roles help him to workout the demons.
                                There's this escalating scene where the father loses his temper and RC is so quietly scary in his build up into violence (which they don't show, thankfully). It's intense.
                                JoJo is very good and another heartbreaker, but I would recommend it. He's just that good, you get swept away watching this good natured, but troubled young man slide down into a black hole. It's a more realistic view of drugs and addiction, etc. than the stylistic Trainspotting.
                                Last edited by jeri; 02 November 2011, 10:44 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X