X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sacredclay View Post
    Something is bugging me about FOD.
    Spoiler:
    Remember when both Young and the AI is firmly fighting for a stronger toehold on Rush's mind when the AI said that he couldn't sense his mind. Any ideas about where Rush's mind went during that time?
    I have to admit, I didn't re-read last night,
    Spoiler:
    but what I'm thinking is that Rush retreated in to a memory perhaps something like a distant memory of childhood football games. Our memories are stored in different locations and are like layers that are added to as we go along. (I could be wrong, but that's what I think I read somewhere)
    Nick has the ability to focus his mind and channel his thoughts in a very disciplined manor. This is how he evaded the Blueberry aliens and also was his emotional survival strategy with his wife's illness and death, where he was able to lose himself in work. Recalling a simple event like play would really be a departure from the discipline of science and math that the AI would probably be unable to decipher. If Young were not channeling all his effort into fighting the AI, he probably could find him in those distant memories. It might take Everett a while to look for him there, but assuming he is learning that Nick is a regular guy under his analytical coat of armor, he would no doubt find him.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teyla-nick94 View Post
      Maybe he can help you?

Spoiler:
      you're sure you wanna see it?
      Spoiler:
      Of coarse I want to see that! I wonder if Cairi saw that before she left for choir practice, she might have trouble concentrating!
      sigpic

Comment

Why do we have your weather? I don't want it. Take it back, please
        Isn't strange that we whine and complain about the weather when we can't do a thing about it? I keep telling myself, to make the best of it, but end up complaining anyway.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
          Of coarse I want to see that! I wonder if Cairi saw that before she left for choir practice, she might have trouble concentrating!
          I hope she has seen it
          Yeah, that could possibly happen

Isn't strange that we whine and complain about the weather when we can't do a thing about it? I keep telling myself, to make the best of it, but end up complaining anyway.
          Yeah, you're right. But I think we just need to complain about it. Let's say, we have nothing better to do
          sigpic

Comment

I hope she has seen it
            Yeah, that could possibly happen

Yeah, you're right. But I think we just need to complain about it. Let's say, we have nothing better to do
            It lets us 'vent' our frustrations, and then we feel better, right?
            sigpic

Comment

Excellent! So go find Napa, California on the map, that's where I am. Sounds like you've got our weather, I'd say welcome to a northern California fall.
              And while you're at it, go find Weddington, North Carolina, where I am. Can you see me waving to you?

Comment

Maybe he can help you?

Spoiler:
                you're sure you wanna see it?
                Spoiler:
                Isn't that the CUTEST belly button evah???

Comment

I wanted to add to my thoughts on 'Force Over Distance'
                  Spoiler:
                  Another scenario is that, God Forbid! Nicky is being destroyed by the AI's constant pressure and each time these tough moments occur, our boy is losing gray matter!
                  But I don't think this is really logical, because he would not be able to come back well from a kind of stroke perhaps? Young would know right away that things were lost. But then again did not Everett notice Nick's loss of cognitive power? I think it's more likely the pressure of the AI and their 'secret pact' is taking a great deal of Nick's mind to another place, and this is what Everett had been noticing.
                  sigpic

Comment

And while you're at it, go find Weddington, North Carolina, where I am. Can you see me waving to you?
                    I was going to do a time zone chart, which I kinda did in my head, but maybe I'll make a map of this thread's world!
                    sigpic

Comment

You know, I just got out of the shower, getting ready to go, and I may need another shower, COLD!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey yessica we had a little rain yesterday, and I was blowing at the clouds trying to send them down to you folks in Texas!
                        Thanks, we need it

Oh, boy! I've got a friend on LJ already and haven't even done a thing yet! Thanks!
                        Well, I don't know your username so I can't friend you yet

whump! Whump! Whump! Whump :d
                        Whump!!

Originally posted by elaiel View Post
                        This evening I shall be mostly doing naff all and writing fic

However it's fluffy not whump.
                        Fluffy is good too

I was going to do a time zone chart, which I kinda did in my head, but maybe I'll make a map of this thread's world!
                        That sounds like a great idea
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

It lets us 'vent' our frustrations, and then we feel better, right?
                          Absolutely!!

I did! Did you see me waving back?

OH YES!!!!!!

and what do you think about this?

Spoiler:
                          be careful with this
                          Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

NICE picture heh.

Just letting you girls know, my auction has 10 more minutes. I am watching it LIKE A HAWK. But hopefully, in 10 minutes, you guys will hear that I won Robert's Director's Chair backing from SGU!

Little piece of RC and SGU history, right here with one of our very own family!

Edit: Just wanted to add my stomach is in KNOTS cause I want this SOO badly! Also, 5 MINS LEFT!!

SO SAD!!! Person snuck in and outbid me at the VERY last second Sorry girls, I tried.
                            Last edited by Eri8321317; 27 September 2011, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri8321317 View Post
                              NICE picture heh.

Just letting you girls know, my auction has 10 more minutes. I am watching it LIKE A HAWK. But hopefully, in 10 minutes, you guys will hear that I won Robert's Director's Chair backing from SGU!

Little piece of RC and SGU history, right here with one of our very own family!
                              OH MY GOD!!! PLEASE!!!! YOU HAVE TO WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WOULD BE SOOOO AWESOME
                              sigpic

Comment

OH MY GOD!!! PLEASE!!!! YOU HAVE TO WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WOULD BE SOOOO AWESOME
                                I didn't win it

Person outbid me with like 5 seconds to spare, and my next bid didn't process/submit until after the auction ended. Not even sure WHO won it either, since they are "private" I tried ladies, sorry I didn't win it. Bummed I didn't, but I went around and bought one of those cards with his costume swatches on it for way cheaper, so it's a little piece of SOMETHING, I guess.
                                Last edited by Eri8321317; 27 September 2011, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X