Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus the Earth guys get to proclaim the entire crew as "missing in action" or even "dead" after a couple of months/years.

Then the USA president shuts the Stargate program down and the teams/expeditions are disbanded due to the program becoming too dangerous.
    Last edited by Mnikolic; 19 March 2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Too dangerous? That ship has sailed long ago. If, and I stress if there is a fourth series, I'd like to see the fallout of the Atlantis-Wraith battle in orbit. The space battle was over a lit hemisphere with Atlantis falling straight toward Earth. I'd like to see the SGC being forced to go public. The announcement would be the opening episode. Where does the show go from there? I don't know. It could be Earth-based, it could go back out into the Milky Way, the Pegasus galaxy, Destiny, or somewhere else entirely. Maybe all of the above?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        Ya know what would be a good ending for SGU? Say that the ship began to fall apart, forcing the crew to abandon ship and set up a colony on an Earth-like planet. Works for me.
        I'd sooner we got no ending than a cop-out like that.

Comment

I really hope that MGM and JM/RC/BW are reading your ideas, because they're all really great!

BTW, I'd like the fourth series (if it ever happens) to be more exploration-oriented, so we could actually hear/get to know what did it take to make a Stargate system and Stargate/Ancient-related tech. Maybe the series could be the Stargate itself as well, by making it into a character, just like the case was Destiny on SGU.

Comment

As I've said before, for the 4th series, I'd like it to go back into Ancient times. We can see the Ancients way of life, see them solving problems, exploring space, building seedships etc. Even coming to earth and then leaving for pegasus eventually before we finally see them return to earth and their society slowly disbanding.

That would make an interesting show.. especially if a few of our own people are accidentally sent back in time. To think, we could actually have an episode that mirrors Weir going back in Atlantis - but instead of it being a story she tells, we could see the story in depth as we're there with the Ancients.

We could even find out what Destiny was really about... perhaps even see the crew preserved somewhere in Atlantis in a super-stasis lab or something after being sent back in time and starting the race of the Lanteans themselves.

Comment

I'm against that. Prequels generally don't work
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
                As I've said before, for the 4th series, I'd like it to go back into Ancient times. We can see the Ancients way of life, see them solving problems, exploring space, building seedships etc. Even coming to earth and then leaving for pegasus eventually before we finally see them return to earth and their society slowly disbanding.

That would make an interesting show.. especially if a few of our own people are accidentally sent back in time. To think, we could actually have an episode that mirrors Weir going back in Atlantis - but instead of it being a story she tells, we could see the story in depth as we're there with the Ancients.

We could even find out what Destiny was really about... perhaps even see the crew preserved somewhere in Atlantis in a super-stasis lab or something after being sent back in time and starting the race of the Lanteans themselves.
                That's a nice idea too. We could also see Atlantis and Destiny being built and finally get to see what they have/had to show. Just imagine what sort of stuff we'd see: labs, storage rooms, rooms filled with ancient tech, weaponry, ancient entertainment centers and perhaps even rooms containing lots and lots of data on the ancient tech, libraries, engine rooms, etc..

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                This one just might, if done correctly. We could get character cameos and get a glimpse of how it all ended for the Atlantis expedition (did Atlantis stay on Earth or did it move back to Pegasus) and for the Destiny expedition (did they ever get back home and did the Destiny ever complete its mission or has the ship just gone into divide mode, sending everyone to their death).

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Two multi million dollar Star Wars films would disagree with that. SW wasn't the only show to have prequels made either.

Frankly I think you're talking rubbish. Sorry but you've clearly not thought it through properly.

Comment

Star Wars is so massive and there had been so much anticipation of more that it would have succeeded whatever. Who, on the other hand, is going to be interested in a prequel to a small niche science fiction TV series, other than established fans? Stargate doesn't need more pandering to existing fans, it needs something that will bring in new ones. Any big budget continuation needs to be as self-contained as possible.

Comment

Anyway, I have my doubts that anything Stargate related will get kickstarted, although it is always fun to speculate.
                      "What if..." is sometimes the most thought- provoking question in the arsenal...

Comment

How do you know MGM have enough money to do it? They were in deep financial trouble recently so where has all this $Mega come from suddenly? - Seriously tell me, I'm going to write to them and ask why they've not spent it on SGU if they can (as you say) afford it!
                        If they can afford a "James Bond" and "Hobbit" movie, they have money for Stargate, too!
                        And to be honest, I would rather see SGU or Stargate in general on screen than another terrible Daniel Craig James Bond movie.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                          If they can afford a "James Bond" and "Hobbit" movie, they have money for Stargate, too!
                          And to be honest, I would rather see SGU or Stargate in general on screen than another terrible Daniel Craig James Bond movie.
                          Yes but you're forgetting the cost of the sets that SGU cost. In Bond many scenes are out on public roads, hotel rooms, etc that already exist and don't need to be built for the purpose.

With SGU you need a huge upfront lump sum just for the sets before you even get the cameras in.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            Star Wars is so massive and there had been so much anticipation of more that it would have succeeded whatever.
                            Thats besides the point. The point is that prequels DO work when the previous poster says adamantly that they don't.

Comment

Thats besides the point. The point is that prequels DO work when the previous poster says adamantly that they don't.
                              I said generally which means the majority. Every rule has an exception. The majority of prequels fail
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Really?

Successful Movie Prequels
                                Alien vs. Predator (first movie)
                                Prometheus (Alien prequel)
                                The Godfather Part II
                                The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
                                Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
                                Missing in Action 2: The Beginning
                                Escape from the Planet of the Apes