The End of SGU (Will We Ever Know?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by min min light View Post
    David Blue said in the interview on here that he knows how it's supposed to end.
    Wait... he knows how it's supposed to end? So only (I presume) the cast (or some members of the cast) and the crew know how it's supposed to end. I guess we'll never know, unless SGU gets back into production.

But I'm OK with the current ending for all 3 series right now. They do give a certain closure to some of the most important plots and storylines.

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
      Well, I think I would like to know too!
      Snake head , infrared sensors. It would be the default long range sensor and passive too.

When the Sidewinder AAM was being developed in the 1950s, its cover name was 'sidewinder' until a some random zoologist remarked the missile must be 'IR heat seeking', since thats how the snake 'sees'
      SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

In my heart, I feel that SGU will return with Destiny in it's full glory. But in my head, I know that it is incredibly unlikely it will be revived. It has been too long now. I think SGU does have a little bit of closure with the hope that Eli will save himself and the crew but it still isnt enough.

Comment

re: the topic

Has Brad even done an interview lately? He could be willing to reveal what their plans were for all we know but just hasn't had the opportunity. Perhaps Gateworld could sort one out...

Comment

I hope that Brad is willing to reveal what the plans were for the remaining three seasons of SGU, so those that still can't stand SGU not being finished, will finally be able to move on.

Comment

I am hoping that all fans will be able to move on even if he doesn't...

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
                I just wanted to know two things:

What this cosmic background radiation thing was all about - IE what was Destinys real mission?
                If you're reading this Brad, you damn well better register on this forum and PM me the answer cos I'll never forgive you otherwise!
                I AM BRAD-BOT 2000. I WILL ANSWER YOUR QUEST-IONS. OBEY!

As you and me know, the universe has no center. The whole thing was a red herring, haha.
                I AM SMART AND SKILLED SCI-FI AUTHOR. OBEY!

Were the crew going to make it home to earth? - With or without Destiny (and if without, would it survive and continue floating around or get blown to bits) ?
                THEY ARE DEAD.

What the hell are these?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? - I'm still being haunted by not knowing:

It clearly looks like a bird style head with 2 eyes and a beak. The eyes look like they have retractable shutters and the beak looks like it should open. It's really pi**ing me off not knowing too.
                Yes, you are right. It's totally a bird head. With 2 eyes. And a beak.
                Never mind that people are evolutionary programmed to see faces everywhere.
                It was totally on purpose and you are rightly being haunted.

This indicates that Destiny had some sort of end-of-journey mission or even a payload to deliver / activate.
                Yes, your logic is flawless. Like a bird it had a payload to deliver. OBEY!

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                It doesn't look anything lik a bird head to me. Looks more like a snake head.
                INFIDEL! The bird head is the only logical conclusion!

BRAD-BOT 2000 HAS ANSWERED YOUR QUESTIONS. REJOICE AND OBEY.

Comment

I highly doubt that the show will go back into production. A movie perhaps, but the show itself, highly doubtful. As for a reveal, it's possible that Brad might answer the question. In the meantime, the show will continue to live on through re-runs, dvds, and fanfics.

I know that this probably isn't the place, but if anyone's interested, I'll be starting up a Season 3 RPG on here pretty soon. Right now another member on here and I are working on the details for it, so no thread is up yet. We are looking for more people though. So, if you're interested, PM me and I'll fill you in.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
                    I highly doubt that the show will go back into production. A movie perhaps, but the show itself, highly doubtful.
                    The only way this will ever go into production is if someone somewhere has $150million to spare and wants to rebuild the sets from scratch.

What annoys me is the guy who owns paypal is clearly a space man and could easily afford to continue all three shows, as could google and other online companies. Will any of them though? No!

Comment

Why would they want to?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                        Why would they want to?
                        Exactly. Why not one of dozens of other shows (e.g. Firefly) that were cancelled against audience objections? The problem with vanity projects is there are so many to choose from...

They equally could dump a billion dollars into AIDS/malaria/cancer research, but they don't (that I know about, anyway). Hate his products if you like but at least the Gates bloke is doing something hopefully useful with his cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekiel View Post
                          As you and me know, the universe has no center.
                          It must have. Just because we don't have the ability to prove there is / is not an edge to it doesn't mean that there cannot be an edge and a centre.

As for the rest of your post... well that was just strange lol

Comment

What annoys me is the guy who owns paypal is clearly a space man and could easily afford to continue all three shows, as could google and other online companies. Will any of them though? No!
                            Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                            They equally could dump a billion dollars into AIDS/malaria/cancer research, but they don't (that I know about, anyway). Hate his products if you like but at least the Gates bloke is doing something hopefully useful with his cash.
                            We speak and they do....
                            $3m prizes from internet titans for disease research
                            Quote:
                            Some of the world's richest internet entrepreneurs, including Facebook boss Mark Zuckerberg, have awarded 11 disease researchers $3m (£1.9m) each.

Comment

I wish we would get the ending how it should be maybe they will write a book but I don't think BW writes books
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

BW, Brad Wright? He's a TV producer/writer, not a novelist.

Comment

Working...
                                X