• Time
  • Show
Clear All

anaberration

Really?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      I wouldn't count on it. The Syfy execs saw an early cut, and they're already talking about possibly demoting it back to a web series.
      It is likely that they asked to read the scripts before forking over the money and didn't like what they saw. I'm afraid that SGU taught them a painful lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        If we are combining shows to give a season list for a franchise Law & Order has a lot more then 20 seasons.
        It began in 1990 so not a whole lot more than 20.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          Yes, it is! I think it was only topped by Law & Order's 20 seasons.
          Or Doctor Who's 32 (so far).
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
            It began in 1990 so not a whole lot more than 20.
            That is true if you compare just the original Law & Order but you are comparing the Stargate franchise with SG1 and its spin-offs to just the original L&O. Its not a fair comparassion.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I just looked--good lord there's a lot of Law & Order!

20 seasons - Law & Order
              13 seasons - SVU
              10 seasons - Criminal Intent
              6 series - UK
              1 season - Trial By Jury
              1 season - LA

And on top of that, other shows that take place in the same fictional universe:
              In Plain Sight
              Conviction
              Deadline
              New York Undercover
              Homicide: Life on the Street
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Don't forget Star Trek's TV run.

Star Trek: 3 Seasons - 79 Episodes, 80 if you count "The Cage" (rejected pilot)
                Star Trek: The Animated Series: 2 Seasons - 22 Episodes
                Star Trek: The Next Generation: 7 Seasons - 178 Episodes
                Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: 7 Seasons - 176 Episodes
                Star Trek: Voyager: 7 Seasons - 172 Episodes
                Star Trek: Enterprise: 4 Seasons - 98 Episodes
                30 Seasons - 726 Episodes

If we break down Stargate in the same manner...

Stargate SG-1 10 Seasons - 214 Episodes
                Stargate: Infinity 1 Season - 26 Episodes
                Stargate: Atlantis 5 Seasons - 100 Episodes
                Stargate: Universe 2 Seasons - 40 Episodes
                18 Seasons - 380 Episodes

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Or Doctor Who's 32 (so far).
                  With 783 episodes

Comment

Can any American TV franchise beat out Star Trek's whopping 726 episodes? Can any television franchise beat out Doctor Who's 783 episodes?

Comment

Eastenders has over 4000 episodes. There's an animated show in Japan called Sazae-san with over 6000 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        Eastenders has over 4000 episodes. There's an animated show in Japan called Sazae-san with over 6000 episodes.
                        Corination Street has 7728 episodes as well. Also an American soap called "As the World Turns" had 13,858 episodes.

But for the Sci-Fi/Drama genres I don't think there are any that beat Dr Who.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          That is true if you compare just the original Law & Order but you are comparing the Stargate franchise with SG1 and its spin-offs to just the original L&O. Its not a fair comparassion.
                          I see what you are saying now. You are absolutely correct. Law and Order must have 30 + years altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                            Don't forget Star Trek's TV run.

Star Trek: 3 Seasons - 79 Episodes, 80 if you count "The Cage" (rejected pilot)
                            Star Trek: The Animated Series: 2 Seasons - 22 Episodes
                            Star Trek: The Next Generation: 7 Seasons - 178 Episodes
                            Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: 7 Seasons - 176 Episodes
                            Star Trek: Voyager: 7 Seasons - 172 Episodes
                            Star Trek: Enterprise: 4 Seasons - 98 Episodes
                            30 Seasons - 726 Episodes

If we break down Stargate in the same manner...

Stargate SG-1 10 Seasons - 214 Episodes
                            Stargate: Infinity 1 Season - 26 Episodes
                            Stargate: Atlantis 5 Seasons - 100 Episodes
                            Stargate: Universe 2 Seasons - 40 Episodes
                            18 Seasons - 380 Episodes
                            ST certainly does rock.

Comment

Actor David Hewlett now owns most of the dismantled sets, I was surprised to learn...
                              http://io9.com/5858843/will-there-be...-mckay-answers

I found this article and the included links a very good read, especially when you want to research/read numbers of viewers, percentages and such...
                              http://www.savesgu.tv/2011/12/10/364/

Its good for a read...

Comment

If Stargate were to come back in a decade or so, I would very much prefer a continuation rather than a reboot. In my opinion, the only reason to do a reboot is if they want to rehash the Gou'ald storyline. If they don't want to do that, they can continue Stargate with the story they want to tell, but keeping the prior canon intact. After all, Stargate Command will presumably go on with its business for the foreseeable future.

How about a new series where the existence of the Stargate is revealed to the public? That should be different enough to give the series a new direction. As it is, it seems difficult to keep the Stargate secret. NASA's rockets would be pointless if you have alien technology. If we want a communications satellite, we should be able to place it within hours with the technology that the SGA has.

Then there is medical tech. At some point, the health benefit is so great that it isn't worth keeping it secret. The sarcophagi may cause some mental changed, but Daniel only had these effects after repeated exposure over a long period of time, and he shook it off pretty quickly. Imagine a hospital with row after row of sarcophagi?

So, I could see maybe in 2020, a continuation series, but dealing not only with what goes on in space, but with the changes the alien tech makes on Earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X