Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My comment is all inference and conjecture.

I am still thinking that, for one, there is probably a contract somewhere that keeps MGM's hands tied and not becuse of Dean Devlin. I am thinking of an exclusivity contract that I assume has to run out until MGM/Spyglass can do anything about SGU and then Stargate. That's why we have heard and read of the five seasons the producers and writers wanted for SGU and the three years SGU's characters were written to be in stasis, two years into the show's anticipated run, which was cut short — for the foreseeable future.

The second point is that MGM/Spyglass have their hands full with the Bond franchise and "The Hobbit", with which to rake in enough money to hopefully continue SGU. Whatever happens, "Common Descent" and "Epilogue" also provide enough material for SGU's sleeping heroes to re-enter the storyline at where their descendants are.

btw, when I think of "Common Descent" and "Epilogue", I keep replacing these two episodes' titles with the common unifying title of "Civilization", which is actually a very good song by Frontline Assembly.

I'm still hoping for the SGU soundtrack release; Joel Goldsmith did very, very good work on the score.
    • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
    • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
    • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Nothing that is "hard evidence" no, purely anecdotal. I can go virtually anywhere and talk about stargate, yet even with non scifi fans there is recognition of the name "stargate", they may know nothing more than the name and the movie, and that there was a TV show, and thats about it, but thats "brand recognition" and thats really all I was talking about. Once that brand recognition gets ingrained into people, it's there, even if your personal perception of the brand is not good. Also, I see "stargate-esque" references in plenty of places, but that may purely be an artifact of it just triggering in me.
      I've seen it too. When you log into WOW, and run around your faction capital and see guilds named <Nou Ani Anquietas> <Clava Thassara Infinitas> and <Hallowed are the Ori> in ONE night, there is some penetration there. Of course, it could also mean that WOW and Stargate appeal to the same people. But I see guild and character names in Ancient all the time, at least on my WOW server.

Comment

Originally posted by Akai View Post
        I've seen it too. When you log into WOW, and run around your faction capital and see guilds named <Nou Ani Anquietas> <Clava Thassara Infinitas> and <Hallowed are the Ori> in ONE night, there is some penetration there. Of course, it could also mean that WOW and Stargate appeal to the same people. But I see guild and character names in Ancient all the time, at least on my WOW server.
        Well Doctor Lee did play WoW.

Comment

Does anyone know if there will be another series of Stargate in some form or another? also does anyone know if tyere is any more BSG to come in any kind of new series?

Comment

Originally posted by spikemaster View Post
            Does anyone know if there will be another series of Stargate in some form or another? also does anyone know if tyere is any more BSG to come in any kind of new series?
            Nothing new on SG for now, but there's going to be a new BSG series debuting at some point, Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Nothing new on SG for now, but there's going to be a new BSG series debuting at some point, Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome.
              I wouldn't count on it. The Syfy execs saw an early cut, and they're already talking about possibly demoting it back to a web series.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                I wouldn't count on it. The Syfy execs saw an early cut, and they're already talking about possibly demoting it back to a web series.
                I have heard that Blood & Chrome is a no-go. Only the pilot was ever shot, and that hasn't seen the light of day.
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                  I have heard that Blood & Chrome is a no-go. Only the pilot was ever shot, and that hasn't seen the light of day.
                  As far as I know you're right. B&C will go back to a web-series. It's possible that the pilot will come to Syfy in the next months. Don't know about the very last progress on B&C, but the last thing I remembered was this article:

http://io9.com/5834264/battlestar-ga...ng-a-webseries

If you want some more informations (mostly in German, but included are some English links) have a look at CapricaCity, Blood & Chrome thread:

http://caprica-city.de/forum/index.p...opic=5604&st=0
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, even most of the girls here who knows nothing about sci-fi stuff heard about stargate, and it's mostly the tv show they remember, not emmerichs movie, they like "oh my little brother watched that all the time" and I "I still watch it" xD,... So... Who knows maybe on a big screen a la star trek reboot it will get more recognition... I would love a star trekesque reboot and I would be fine if we would get only movies in the future because face it these three shows are hard to top. 17 seasons are quite a success nowadays!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                      Well, even most of the girls here who knows nothing about sci-fi stuff heard about stargate, and it's mostly the tv show they remember, not emmerichs movie, they like "oh my little brother watched that all the time" and I "I still watch it" xD,... So... Who knows maybe on a big screen a la star trek reboot it will get more recognition... I would love a star trekesque reboot and I would be fine if we would get only movies in the future because face it these three shows are hard to top. 17 seasons are quite a success nowadays!
                      Yes, it is! I think it was only topped by Law & Order's 20 seasons.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        Only talking about US tv, then..?
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

If we are combining shows to give a season list for a franchise Law & Order has a lot more then 20 seasons.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah, its quite an achievement IMO, even if they did not get a closure, we have our imagination! I am glad that it get that amount of seasons it got... (I hope you understand me xD)...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                              Yeah, its quite an achievement IMO, even if they did not get a closure, we have our imagination! I am glad that it get that amount of seasons it got... (I hope you understand me xD)...
                              Yes, I understand...and in today's tv viewing world it is quite an achievement!
                              sigpic

Comment

Any news ? Well, yes...Filming of 115 new episodes is complete and 3 movies are in production. Dvd sales start on Christmas Eve and the new mmorpg has over 500,000 people playing it now ! The new album from the show soundtrack has gone platinum...
                                /slap

Comment

Working...
                                X