Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do they keep showing "season finale" at the bottom of the screen.?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      True.. BUT since SGU is all i watch Syfy for, i WILL be saying Good riddance to that channel. heck i might even ask my cable provider, if i can drop the Syfy network from my basic cable package...
      I just dropped cable entirely...I'm done with TV for good, there's nothing left for me now. In the meantime, I have plenty of DVD's (all of Stargate, all of Star Trek, a ton of movies), and the TV is also used for game consoles. I will not ever watch the Sci*ahem* Wrestling Channel again.

Comment

Finally the Stupid Boring Show has ended, i would rather have Another Season of SGA then Another Season of Lesbians Sex and Boring Issues that wont get to the point.

Man its like watching Heroes, Incredible Show but it just drone on and on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by daventry View Post
          Finally the Stupid Boring Show has ended, i would rather have Another Season of SGA then Another Season of Lesbians Sex and Boring Issues that wont get to the point.

Man its like watching Heroes, Incredible Show but it just drone on and on and on.
          Wow Here's someone not at all just trying be controversial.

I see the SGU fans have decided to be mature enough to ignore you. Good for them.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Well atleast they can now focus on the Stargate Movies

Comment

they can't. BW and co failed to get things sorted by MGM's deadline for the SGU one, and the rest are also all cancelled. which was first announced... along with the announcement of SGU movie not going ahead.
              Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Aaw, but the the Extinction of the Wraith isent done yet and it would've been cool to see an SGA Movie where in the end it shows 3 Years Later the Destiny Ship arrives in the Pegasus Galaxy

What is BW

So does this mean the Stargate Franchise is Dead for good.
                Last edited by daventry; 10 May 2011, 07:49 AM.

Comment

pegasus, show-wise, is the closest galaxy to us - and it was established early-SGU that destiny is very far away from us now.

gateworld's news article on dead movies

Comment

i miss it already and its day 1 without stargate i guess there would of been no reason for me to watch syfy any more than i saw commercials for new eureka lol.... but it sucks that the movies were cancelled it just seems so unfair to us fans
                    sigpicWELCOME TO END OF THE WORLD.....IM AM OZZYMANDIAS KING OF KINGS LOOK UPON MY WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
                      pegasus, show-wise, is the closest galaxy to us - and it was established early-SGU that destiny is very far away from us now.

gateworld's news article on dead movies
                      Well duh, hence the 3 Year Travel

Can Eli use the Communication Stones, i mean he wont be that Allone will he.

By the way, is Eli going to die, or is there enough food and water for him.

Comment

who knows mayber they'll reboot the series in 3 years or mayber it might appear for one uber super stargate movie
                        sigpicWELCOME TO END OF THE WORLD.....IM AM OZZYMANDIAS KING OF KINGS LOOK UPON MY WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR

Comment

well, BW&Co are directly responsible for SGU movie being dropped (he's quoted on that link.) they failed to meet a deadline set by MGM, the show's production company. SyFy aren't named in association with the movies on that link.

scripts were apparently finished for SG1/A movies at least a year ago, so it would appear the limited market value of SGU* has probably affected how the marketability of the rest of the franchise is viewed, though i'm speculating on that and i don't know. in honesty, the last reliable on-air data for SGA is 2 years old now,** and SG1 older, so SGU data is the only one they have to go on.

ultimately, right now, SG movies are too much potential risk, without enough potential gain to tip the balance.

*no matter who is held responsible by whom, the show wasn't making enough money to stay on air, hence this statement.

**i know some people count DVD/BR sales as reliable indicators. i don't, simply because their sales are over a potentially much larger amount of time, and more accurately reflect the profit versus the DVD/BR production costs, rather than show production costs. for the record, i've also used the Firefly/Serenity argument in the past, and was reminded that it was a unique situation, and didn't develop beyond one movie.

Comment

Originally posted by daventry View Post
                            Well duh, hence the 3 Year Travel

destiny is also moving away from our galaxy, and since pegasus is closer to us than where destiny is now, it's not turning around

as for the stones, we don't know if they have a distance limit. even if they don't, he'd be putting someone else on the ship in his place.

Comment

Eli could thaw em one at a time, slow roast em....Hmmmmm....They taste like chicken....

Comment

Originally posted by Akai View Post
                                I just dropped cable entirely...I'm done with TV for good, there's nothing left for me now. In the meantime, I have plenty of DVD's (all of Stargate, all of Star Trek, a ton of movies), and the TV is also used for game consoles. I will not ever watch the Sci*ahem* Wrestling Channel again.
                                I rarely watch smackdown these days, and only get to see half of Raw (L&O LA is on at 9, which cuts the back half off).. so i mostly give it a miss.

But there is other shows i watch.. All 3 CSIs, criminal minds, NCIS (both), L&O LA, L&O Svu, L&O CI, and my mother loves those animal cop shows.

Depending on HWC, i can see him being allowed, but who monitors the stone station when he uses it?

Water, he can streach it out reall good. BUT the biggy is power. He has by the ep, only 2 weeks worth of keeping Life support on before it drops below what is needed for the 3 yr trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X