No announcement yet.

Stargate Universe Novels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest i really like some of the novels. I've read a few, most of them I really liked. I also liked the SGU Air, I hope there will be another one in some time!

Comment

The novels are not that bad guys. I have almost all of the once released. SGU: Air, SGA: Rising, and a couple Stargate SG-! are adaptions from the show so they are basically the shows in written form. The rest are pretty good and usually the writers try to follow the story line and keep who the characters are. Its not just "fan fic", they are really good stories that would of made great episodes. IMO

Comment

Thank you all for the various replies.
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
          Thank you all for the various replies.
          So, out of interest, if new novels were produced, for SG-U, and maybe for some new characters/situations, and they were considered 'canon' by MGM. Who would buy them?

I've been in negotiations with TPTB about exactly that, but the amount of $ that they ask for is pretty high. Part of me is wondering if it could be a venture that is worthwhile, financially...
          Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Dunno. I might read one or two to see what they are like, before getting any more.

Comment

I would definitely check out SGU books. I for one would love to see how the story of Destiny and its crew continued.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I would buy them. It would be one way for the story to end. I wish they would do a novelization of all the books.

Comment

I read the Rising(Atlantis pilot) novel. Not bad. I'd love to see an SGU continuation.
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                    Well my stance is: The novels are not written by the Stargate people and are therefore not canon and should never be read.

However, i took the liberty of checking and No there are none planned.
                    Ultimately that depends on what your definition of 'Stargate people' are. If the novels are considered canon by the copyright holders (i.e. MGM), then whoever writes them would be 'Stargate people', right?
                    Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

It would be awesome if they did a canon based comic series similar to what they are doing with Jericho. To be honest since sgu got cancelled and didn't have the rabbid fanbase like firefly and so on I doubt we will see much of a continuation.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X