X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe Novels.

Hi all.
    I have a question for you.
    Does any one know if Fandemonium are planning on releasing any more Stargate Universe Novels?

I have 'Air' by James Swallow.
    Which I read before I saw the actual episode.
    It helped me enjoy the episode more.
    And I enjoyed reading it.

It would be nice, for me, if they produced some more.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Well my stance is: The novels are not written by the Stargate people and are therefore not canon and should never be read.

However, i took the liberty of checking and No there are none planned.

Comment

I don't get the craze about those glorified fanfictions. Are fans so craving for a fix that they'll droll and crawl towards any shelf with some books stamped Stargate, even if they know they'll be ignored by TPTB in a heartbeat?
      Let's be reasonable. Move on.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I've never read them myself, but since it's doubtful anything canon will continue to be produced, I don't see any harm in people indulging in the books. Obviously there is something worthwhile about them if the franchise or publisher thinks they're worth printing these days.
        sigpic

Comment

If Universe is totally done after this season, I wish some of TPTB would turn to writing novels to continue the story. I would certainly pick them up.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Thank you for the replies.

I'll keep my eyes open for any SGU books.
            I don't really mind that they are not canon.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I think cannon novels would wrap up the 3 remaining years of story as film is only about 90 mins so would condense the plot too much IMO. I think one they line up a publisher a book would be way cheaper than a film.

Comment

Well SG1 and SGA novels continue to come out so I wonder why there isn't SGU novels. Canon or not i'm dying for more Stargate. I plan on trying out some of the SGA and SG1 novels soon.

Comment

I would read them, if the SGU writers wrote them. If they concluded Seasons 3 - 5. Would be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by actuallyliam View Post
                    I would read them, if the SGU writers wrote them. If they concluded Seasons 3 - 5. Would be fantastic.
                    indeed
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      If Universe is totally done after this season, I wish some of TPTB would turn to writing novels to continue the story. I would certainly pick them up.
                      I doubt that would ever happen, they might however hand over their notes for how the series would have played out to another writer, and then sign off on that, though even that I fear is unlikely.

Comment

All the novels are checked and approved by MGM so they are officially sanctioned, even if they're not "canon". For the most part they're extremely well written and mostly enjoyable.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I have never read any of the novels...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            I have never read any of the novels...
                            I've read one SG-1 book. Not overly impressed.
                            sigpic

Comment

With novels my policy is: not canon - not interested. The writing may be half decent, but if they're not really an addition to the mythology I'm so invested in then what's the point? There are hundreds of books out there of higher quality, so I'm not going to waste my time on these just because they have 'Stargate' in the title.

I can't really understand why MGM haven't pushed for the producers to accept some as canon really, I mean I'm sure sales would be much, much higher for canon novels than the ones currently out. Perhaps it's just a case of them not really understanding fandom? I think canon-novels would be a great way to keep fandom active while the franchise is potentially going to be on hiatus.

Comment

Working...
                              X