No announcement yet.

What to watch after SGU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primeval and Sanctuary are about the only current ones not quite cancelled with future unseen content. And Dr. Who, but new episodes are so few and far between these days.

On the historical list... Earth 2, Earth Final Conflict, Star Trek, Stargate, Defying Gravity, Sarah Connor chronicals, Torchwood, Mrs. Smith whatever other Dr. Who spin offs. BSG, Lost, Babylon 5, Cleopatra 2525, Star Hunter 2300, and whatever else not listed. Most of which I've watched online already to fill the HUGE gap between seasons. (and MID seasons).

Not a fan of Merlin, maybe if they called it YOUNG merlin, and not Merlin. Being Human is okay if there's nothing else to watch (which is generally the case). But if it aired at the same time as "competition" it'd be the one I didn't watch. Not a fan of the new V. I kind of want to be, but it's just so hard to get into without the 80's-ish cheese factor. And given the tech differences between then and now, kind of hard to believe. i.e. hard to hide that you're really a lizard with cameras on every street corner, satelite imagery, and everyone with a camera on their cell phones these days. Way back when, sure. These days you can't even relieve yourself behind a dumpster without it making youtube. Or fall into a fountain, or ....

Comment

Here's a hint about the next thing to watch. Look at my sig.

Comment

oh.. and please try STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE.... the first two seasons are a bit slow and dull most of the times, but the actors are good. The third season is one of the best things I have seen sci-fi wise... and season four is as well to a good start!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_7 View Post
          Primeval and Sanctuary are about the only current ones not quite cancelled with future unseen content. And Dr. Who, but new episodes are so few and far between these days.
          Yes Sanctuary season 4 was reduced back to 13 episodes but 'not quite cancelled' seems to be a bit of an exaggeration.

[edit] completely redundant plug for FRINGE goes here
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I wish I liked Sanctuary.
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
              oh.. and please try STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE.... the first two seasons are a bit slow and dull most of the times, but the actors are good. The third season is one of the best things I have seen sci-fi wise... and season four is as well to a good start!
              The first two seasons are quite enjoyable if you haven't been spoiled by serial drama. The first season is consistently good. The second season features some really lame episodes, but it is enjoyable overall. The second season also featured some brilliant episodes such as "Regeneration." The third year abandons the show's episodic premise in favor of a year-long storyline. For me, the third season's Xindi saga was the show's best storyline. Finally, the fourth season is a mixture of stand-alones, two-parters, and trilogies. The fourth season starts out strong, but it runs out of gas towards the end and ends with a whimper.

Comment

There are other things out there which may be found on the internet. "The Guild" is one of my favorite web series. http://www.watchtheguild.com/

Felicia Day has gone on to make another web series based upon the Dragon Age game series. http://feliciaday.com/blog/dragon-ag...mption-trailer

And as luck would have it, a lot of the costumes in this series were made available by some of the folks who are doing the third show I'd like to mention: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riese:_Kingdom_Falling This program also started as a web series, much like Sanctuary.

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

What... there were muppets on Farscape?

When I started watching it I didn't even think about it because the characters were so realistic. I would say Rygel is a better developed character than most of what we see on TV nowadays.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                    I wasn't a big fan of ST:E. There were individual episodes which were quite good, but on the whole the series had too much of a grandiose attitude for my liking. Perhaps it's just that what I thought the series should have been about was barely addressed.

I was hoping for a series about the formation of Starfleet and the United Federation of Planets. While that was present (sorta') the primary focus of the series was all about the temporal cold war and the war with the Xindi. While there were some good moments I couldn't wait for the third season to end.

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

There's some real crap you need to wade through in Enterprise. Honestly I think this is the most pathetic scene I've ever seen written into any sci-fi series ever:

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                        I wish I liked Sanctuary.

I loved the webisodes, and really quite enjoyed Season 1. And I want to go back to liking it, but Season 2 was just so unbearably bad that I called it quits (and that was in no small part because of how annoyingly bad the new Kate character was).
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

I loved the webisodes, and really quite enjoyed Season 1. And I want to go back to liking it, but Season 2 was just so unbearably bad that I called it quits (and that was in no small part because of how annoyingly bad the new Kate character was).
                          I felt the same way and I only watched S3 because their was nothing else on. I found S3 to be a mass improvement as soon as the Kali story was done.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I felt the same way and I only watched S3 because their was nothing else on. I found S3 to be a mass improvement as soon as the Kali story was done.
                            Yeah...as much as I hated Season 2, I managed to persevere up till Kali. But then in the season finale (I think), when they got into the Will-doing-Bollywood bit I just shut it off. Didn't even see how it ended.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Absolutely agree that Sanctuary has improved loads since the Kali story. And there's less focus on Kate now, which I appreciate enormously.

I don't like Farscape either. Mostly because I don't like Crichton. At all. I liked Aeryn and I loved the blue woman (played by Virginia Hey - I don't recall the character's name), but Crichton... I would have airlocked him as soon as he arrived.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                                I don't like Farscape either. Mostly because I don't like Crichton. At all. I liked Aeryn and I loved the blue woman (played by Virginia Hey - I don't recall the character's name), but Crichton... I would have airlocked him as soon as he arrived.
                                How did you feel about Cameron Mitchell?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X