Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I completely agree, SGU was really something special. I'm really upset to see it go.

Comment

We started watching it during the Christmas break, already 5 episodes into season 2... Loving the show so far.
      sigpic

Comment

When Stargate SGU came on the scene, I didn't have cable any longer (I don't watch enough TV to warrant the ridiculously high prices they charge). I'd seen a couple of SGU episodes on-line and liked them, but I didn't manage to catch the new episodes on a regular basis. Finally... a friend of mine loaned me the DVD's, so I could watch the series from the beginning and in order.

WOW.

I honestly can't understand why SyFy canceled this series. It's terrific! It has so much of what is typically lacking in other Sci-Fi series. Using the whole Stargate foundation, it leaped forward to provide intensely real and enjoyable episodes. Sure, at times the character interplay went on rather long... but, once Season 2 got moving, the episode pace smoothed out.

I am deeply sorry that SGU was canceled before it hit its prime. I can only imagine how riveting Season 3 would have been, perhaps enough that the audience ratings could have kept the series going.

Comment

It is great to see people enjoy stargate universe even if it is after the show ended. It makes me wonder if an awareness campaign might have some merit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikec3 View Post
            And now some compliments from me.

I think that SGU is one of the best sci-fi ever created. I did not like last 2 seasons of SGA, but I was simply amazed with SGU.

SGU will be my first thing to buy on DVD (Slovenia is a pirate nation, noone buys DVD's)
            lol, dont say that loud its just we buy quality when we know it is quality!

some of you loved only SGU, some SG1, but i loved all about stargate ever! since the first movie i remember to be their fan!
            thesadest thing is that its notfinished, and expected movies and series were canceled becouse of financial shortage ... perhaps buying their DVDs would improve the situation, with a promise to continue with some reasonable epiloques for series and movies, no open endings!

Comment

Loved every episode, its Stargate how could i not?.
              SG-1 was the best
              SG-A was just as awesome

SG-U should CONTINUE!!!

sigpic

Comment

Yeah Stargate is a franchise now much like Star Trek is. There are many sci-fi shows that have aired but Stargate was on the air for I think 17 years with SG-1, SGA,and SGU. Makes you wonder what will be the future of Stargate will be....
                sigpic

Favorite quote:
                McKay: You shot me!
                Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
                Ronon: You shot me, too.
                Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

Hello!

I really loved Stargate Universe. I can not get it out of my head. I hope that someday it might come back. I believe that they could at least make a movie for it. Is there anything that anyone is doing to get Stargate Universe back in some fashion?

Comment

Watched it when it was on cable, but only half concentrated. DVDs are so wonderful. Now that I have really concentrated on the series, I am terribly impressed with how many characters have reached me and have a permanent spot in my imagination.

Thanks to all those who produced the 17 years of TV episodes and two movies.
                    Salute.

Comment

Currently watching the marathon of SGA, can not wait to get to SGU. Still miss it, two seasons were too short But I am glad that they were made.
                      Dogs are my favorite people.
                      If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

2 weeks ago i have finished stargate universe. I have wait a long time to watch the serie because the opinions were really bad about sgu... . now i think, it was really good to watch sgu. Its a dramatic, good camera guided serie with interesting charakters.

Comment

SGU is my favourite TV series in general. It has made me laugh, cry, gasp and cheer. The characters were so relatable and by the end of it, I even had an appreciation for Chloe (who I strongly disliked at the beginning of the series). I don't know if I would be satisified with a movie. One more season should be made to wind things up. SGU will always be with me and I will always wonder what becomes of Eli.

Comment

I collect all episeodes one frame, so who are intrested can look here my maded program http://www.2shared.com/file/2lXSGyPh..._summoman.html

Comment

I was wrong about SGU, and should have more faith.

I criticised season 1, and loved season 2. Rewatching season 1 was better than i thought, and season 2 is still class.

It never should have been cancelled, and if i was Bill Gates i'd pay for 10 more years.
                              Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                              Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Fantastic show. One of the few that actually made me feel a sense of wonder. I'm a sucker for sci-fi's about exploration, something that truly demonstrates that vastness and scope of the universe. Very similar to Battlestar Galactica, but unique and interesting in its own right.

Damn I wish they had finished the mission and found out what the pattern in the CMB meant. It's stuff like this that is the best of what sci-fi can achieve IMO. Such a shame it was cancelled. :[

Comment

Working...
                                X