• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Well, 17 seasons. 1997-2011 is 14 years
    Stargate the movie: 1994
    1994-2011 is 17 years!
    sigpic
    Originally posted by dacooker
    The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

Originally posted by offworlder716 View Post
      Here's to one of the best series of all time, not just sci-fi. Also, it added diversity and a greater longevity to an already phenomonal franchise.

Superb acting and writing. Don't agree about the creative staff, being that they're responsible for making SGU the iconic show that it is.

If only the general public wasn't so voyeuristic, less quality shows would leave the air. I despise having a television horizon of "reality TV". Just wish the ratings included those of the Echo Audience, like me, that can only watch this stuff after the seasons have aired.
      Todd: Fish in a pond, busy busy, lots to do, here and there. Dry as a desert outside, no place to go. Eat up, get stronger, think and hope, think and hope. Don't look now! Oh, keep dreaming. There must be some other reason for your existence. Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Dirt is all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending. I know the future. Come inside. I'll show you your Destiny... John Sheppard.

Comment

Plus 10 yrs SG1
        5 yrs SGA and
        2 yrs SGU..
        = 17 yrs.

Comment

I can't believe how much I miss SGU already. I am really sad it is over but I would like to thank all those involved for bringing the best science fiction to television since Star trek TOS.

Comment

Easily one of the best shows on TV right now.

Comment

Thank you, it was a hell of a ride.

Comment

Dear Friends,

I have just read and signed the online petition:

"Save Stargate: Universe"

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
                service, at:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/saveSGU/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might
                agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider
                signing yourself.

Best wishes,

Col.Melendez

Comment

I waited to watch the last 3 episodes together. I was having a hard time letting go and just didn't want the ending to happen yet. Finally I broke down this weekend. I'm so happy to have gotten such a long ride with Stargate. I'm so sad it's over. Hopefully not for long though!

I thank everyone, from every series for the great ride through 3 wonderful sci-fi, kick butting series.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I'm holding off till next 4 day weekend to do a proper SGU S1-2 complete rewatch.. now i have the 2nd season on disk!

Comment

I've watched all of the Stargate series, and really enjoyed them. But by far, SGU is my favorite of them all. When SGU first premiered, the producers said they were going to develop the characters so that we would really care about them. For me, they really succeed.

I've watch TV series that I enjoyed, and were canceled prematurely (The Event, Flash Forward,V.....etc). I was disappointed, but over all no big deal. Or with other series that had run their storyline course, and had a proper ending (Smallville, BSG, Buffy). I'll miss them, but feel satisfied.

But with SGU, I surprised how much it's really affected me. It feels like a part of my family/close friends that have just disappeared with out an explanation.

I hope that one day, MGM (and maybe SyFy) will one day give SGU, and the rest of Stargate, the dignity of a proper ending to a highly successful and loved franchise.

*This is my first time posting here in the forums, so if I'm a bit rambling, please forgive me.

Comment

I *so* agree with you EJD1984 about the difference. I felt that some other shows had lost their way a bit, so their demise didn't affect me one way or another. Others just never made me care enough about the characters to care about the shows' demise - I suspect because they weren't "human" enough for me to see them as anything approaching real people. SGU is a different matter. Those characters, well-rounded, multi-faceted, fully developed, as-close-to-human-beings as I've seen on TV, are stuck out there without a resolution and I find it really sad.

So, again, SGU writers, cast, crew - thank you. So much.
                        sigpic

Comment

All these characters where people I know, real people making mistakes and doing good and getting on the best they could. The most close to life as I've seen on TV. This is why it's so upsetting to have it cut off in mid sentence so to speak. I've never cared so much about a show. I'm so bitterly disappointed, still.

It hurts the most when I sit down and try to watch something on TV, and it's just more crap!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                            All these characters where people I know, real people making mistakes and doing good and getting on the best they could. The most close to life as I've seen on TV. This is why it's so upsetting to have it cut off in mid sentence so to speak. I've never cared so much about a show. I'm so bitterly disappointed, still.

It hurts the most when I sit down and try to watch something on TV, and it's just more crap!
                            This ^ absolutely agree!

Shows that have grace and characters, style and story get rarely produced any longer. So I thank Stargate Universe for bringing these elements to the TV screen and I hope it was not the last time I have seen SGU on my TV. My wishes concentrate on 2014 and on a form of story continuation with all the actors and crew. Those guys are amazing!
                            sigpic

Comment

Hoping and dreaming are a good thing. Let's keep a positive attitude and maybe something good will happen for the future.

I can't believe that such great material will all be thrown out , I do believe it will come back in some form.
                              sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one that hated most of the characters..? Like Chloe, stop the ****ing whining. Scott, schoolboy heroics, yey! E.Young, irrational decisions are the best.

The only ones I liked was Greer, Rush, Eli and Brody.

Edit:And to ligthen up this thoroughly emo post:

Comment

Working...
                                X