This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
    I know of another couple in Atlanta that married from meeting do to SG costuming...
    Sounds like i might have another new thread..

Comment

What a great final episode. Thank you, Stargate Universe, for continuing the Stargate franchise in such a masterful way. I just wish more people had realized how great a show you really were.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse View Post
        Thanks to the cast and crew for 2 years of terrific story telling and character development. I feel like this is the end of an era. I feel a huge sense of sadness and nostalgia right now. I watched SG-1 the night it premiered on Showtime way back in 1997, and watched it religiously ever since. I was 12 years old, and in Middle School. Now I am a 26 year old working in the IT department for a school district. It is going to be a strange feeling not having any new Stargate to look forward to. I grew up with this franchise. I am very sad to see SGU go before it's time.
        I did not get to watch it when it first aired (no showtime), but got to watch it win it went to SciFi... but I too am now your age and graduated with a BA and a MA and work at a university... stargate has been a part of my entire adult life... I will miss seeing new episodes but savor the fact there are hundreds of past epidosde to watch

Comment

Yes, thanks for a great time stargate! I had lots of hours of fun with you that I shared with my parents and a good friend of mine! I am glad that stargate did go out in a bang and I drink to the fact that some producers see the goldmine in this franchise and reopens the gate in the near future...
          sigpic

Comment

I will hugely miss this show. I never thought it possible but in the end I can safely say that SGU been my favorite series of all three.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by phenomenon-x View Post
              I never thought it possible but in the end I can safely say that SGU been my favorite series of all three.
              You know... All this time I've hesitated and refused to choose SGU over SG-1 as my favourite. They're both great, and at different times were perfect shows for me. Right now I randomly watched last minutes of "Gauntlet" and fell apart completely. This proves me which series is the closest to my heart right now.

Thank you, Stargate Universe.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Wow.. Never knew people got married from meeting on SG sites..
                I know one couple who had met at our local Stargate convention and eventually got married. Heck, I met 2 of my boyfriends thanks to Stargate (one at the local convention and the next one at our mutual friend's place, when he organised Stargate maraton one night). Things like that happen

Anyway, I felt like saying 'thank you' again to the cast, crew and TPTB after having watched the last 2 episodes. Thank you for creating such quality show. I'm very proud to be a SGU fan and I'm happy that it went out on such a high note, unlike the previous 2 series. Bravo!
                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                sigpic
                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Its sad, agonizing and down right heart breaking to watch it all end, and I have been doing so every night since Gauntlet aired. But it has been one hell of a ride. The story has come such a long way, from Kurt Russell running around a desert with a buzz cut, to Robert Carlyle on the far end of the universe, locking people into stasis pods for kicks. It's rubbish that there's nothing new to look forward to, but I am kind of looking forward to watching them all again with the Rewatch initiative. So much time will pass by the time we get to Universe again it'll seem brand new and awesome ! And with any luck, we may have something new to look forward to by then. Okay. With lots of luck.

For now, thanks a lot Stargate, we'll see ya later !
                  sigpic
                  What a show !

Comment

Thank you, Stargate Universe
                    It's been great to sit back and watch a good Stargate Show. And I also thoroughly enjoyed every episode and looked forward to the next one,I find it hard to understand there will be no new Stargate to look forward too each week.The cast and crew of SGU really pulled together in season 2,they had me wanting to watch season three.Thank You for all STARGATE ADVENTURES. A Loyal Fan
                    sigpic[IMG]http://

Comment

Thank you Stargate, the mile posts through my life from SG-1 to Atlantis and finally to Universe.

At the end of Gauntlet it felt as though they were putting the franchise into stasis, hoping that someday someone will once again breath life into an awe inspiring series.

I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

I sort of missed out on this thread, but it's better late than never!

Thanks, SGU, for living up to some seriously high expectations. For beginning the story of the 9th chevron. For a change of pace. For two more years of great suspense, excitement, and entertainment. For some great visual effects and animations. Thank you for everything. We hate to see you go, but we hope to meet you again in the near future with a third, fourth, and fifth season.

---Thanks!

Comment

I just made an account because I felt that I wanted to say thanks also. I'm pretty sure I've watched every Stargate related video and I absolutely loved SGU and I'm very very very disappointed that the show has been cancelled. So even though I know I have no control over the production of T.V. shows (unless I possess millions of dollars, and if I did SGU wouldn't be cancelled!) I feel that a very well made, very intriguing, very entertaining, T.V. show that SGU is will be very missed.

Thanks!

Comment

I can't remember when I've enjoyed a show as much as SGU. To me it was just what I was wanting after SG-1, Atlantis, the perfect evolution of Stargate. I am still sort of shocked that the industry is this screwed up that a great quality show like SGU can't make money? Something is very,very wrong with the way they are doing things!
                            sigpic

Comment

Here's to one of the best series of all time, not just sci-fi. Also, it added diversity and a greater longevity to an already phenomonal franchise.

Superb acting and writing. Don't agree about the creative staff, being that they're responsible for making SGU the iconic show that it is.

If only the general public wasn't so voyeuristic, less quality shows would leave the air. I despise having a television horizon of "reality TV". Just wish the ratings included those of the Echo Audience, like me, that can only watch this stuff after the seasons have aired.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                                I'm sure I'll be too busy crying buckets later, and since words really can't describe how I'm feeling... I'll just post it here and get it over with. Please don't snurch without crediting.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...k/thankyou.jpg
                                Love it! thanks
                                Grimm returns October 24
                                sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                                Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Working...
                                X